Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine (Vineyard Creek) , Santa Rosa, CA - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine (Vineyard Creek) , Santa Rosa, CA - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Heads up - I was in the area today, and the front of the hotel is now a massive construction zone, with cyclone fencing, heavy earth moving equipment, and large piles of dirt. Of course no disclosure at all of the construction if you go to book a room.
Old May 14, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Kacee
Heads up - I was in the area today, and the front of the hotel is now a massive construction zone, with cyclone fencing, heavy earth moving equipment, and large piles of dirt. Of course no disclosure at all of the construction if you go to book a room.
Has anyone stayed at the hotel very recently? We will be staying there for just one night next month. Is the pool open? What's the parking situation? Is the restaurant open?
Old May 14, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Has anyone stayed at the hotel very recently? We will be staying there for just one night next month. Is the pool open? What's the parking situation? Is the restaurant open?
At least half the parking lot is now a construction site. Pool is on the other side of building, so I doubt it's directly affected. I definitely would not want a room that looks out on W. 3rd Street.
Old May 15, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yeah, the pool is in a sort of U-shaped courtyard with the open end facing the "creek". It's unlikely to be affected by the construction in the front parking lot areas.

The restaurant is located to the far left as you enter the lobby and is accessible through the lobby area, past some sort of concierge tour desk. Construction in the parking lot would not affect access to the restaurant through the hotel, although the seating areas near the front windows would be less arttractive.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:07 am

Just checked out of here on 5/15/17.
This hotel really continues to be a bad joke. My wife and I have stayed here 4 times in the last two years. They have claimed to be renovating or about to start renovating the entire time.

We finally received an upgraded room (101), but we asked to be moved after the first night because 101 is located right next to the exit to the parking lot and between the crash bar on the door and the door closing there was constant noise all night. (Ironman was going on that weekend so there may have been more people in and out due to that, but I am not sure)

Supposedly 70 rooms have been renovated, but we were given one of the out of date rooms that is more in line with a roadside Holiday Inn vs a Hyatt. The air conditioning was on 60 the entire time and I doubt the room ever got below 72. If you get an old room expect very little compared to what you generally would for Hyatt.

The restaurant is closed and will be the last part of the construction project that is on going. I believe completion of construction is set for February of next year, BUT as I have mentioned they don't seem to have a good idea of when things will start or end around there. The bar in the lobby opens at 4pm, but service is a joke. We waited 30 minutes just to get a drink because the same people staffing it are dealing with room service. (and in typical corporate fashion they told all but 3 restaurant employees on Friday that they would no longer have a job on Monday)

The pool is okay. The cafe out there opens "for the summer only" whatever that means and the furniture out there seems to be old and worn much like the rest of the hotel.

The old concierge was the best part of the hotel, but Ryan has moved on and a man named Eric has replaced him. Eric seems okay, but like to talk...a lot.

Circling back to the new room we were in the first night - it is okay. I think your best bet would be to stay in the new section whenever it is complete. It will almost certainly be even better and may even have working a/c

We were staying with friends and their room did not have a headboard and the lights next to the bed didn't match.

They have started charging $8 a day for parking. Which is just dumb. They have a very large lot and even with all the construction we had no issue finding a spot. You can self park or valet for the same price, but they lot is close by and given how slow some of their other services are we choose to self park.

When the construction is done this might be a nice hotel, but I think we are going to look at other options for our next stay.
Old May 16, 2017, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by airplaneadam
The restaurant is closed and will be the last part of the construction project that is on going. I believe completion of construction is set for February of next year, BUT as I have mentioned they don't seem to have a good idea of when things will start or end around there.
The nondisclosure of construction and restaurant closure when you book is totally unacceptable. And it is just flat-out bizarre that they are taking so long to renovate and seem to have no real construction schedule.

There is something seriously wrong with the management of this property.
Old May 17, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How can a full service Hyatt have a closed restaurant for ten months (May through February, assuming that the construction is finished on schedule)?
Old May 17, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How can a full service Hyatt have a closed restaurant for ten months (May through February, assuming that the construction is finished on schedule)?
During it's construction, IIRC the HR LAX moved it's restaurant into a temporary space even BEFORE it formally reflagged as a HR.

At the very least, HR SR should set up billing arrangements with nearby restaurants, which are plentiful. Something they and other properties should do anyway given it would even be a profit center.
Old May 17, 2017, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by JackE
During it's construction, IIRC the HR LAX moved it's restaurant into a temporary space even BEFORE it formally reflagged as a HR.

At the very least, HR SR should set up billing arrangements with nearby restaurants, which are plentiful. Something they and other properties should do anyway given it would even be a profit center.
Even if there's a billing arrangement--which I don't view as especially advantageous unless you can also earn points from the restaurant charges--sometimes you still want a restaurant on the premises.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Even if there's a billing arrangement--which I don't view as especially advantageous unless you can also earn points from the restaurant charges--sometimes you still want a restaurant on the premises.
Points are of course great, but even in their absence allowing room charges can make things easier for business travelers.

And yes, an on-premise restaurant is important, which is why I said "at the very, very least".
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
This is sounding more problematic than before. I have a 1 night C&P for early August. I may need to reassess my options.

What is the Globalist breakfast option now that the restaurant is closed? Does C&P count as award stay for waiving parking fee for Globalist?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by CIT85
This is sounding more problematic than before. I have a 1 night C&P for early August. I may need to reassess my options.

What is the Globalist breakfast option now that the restaurant is closed? Does C&P count as award stay for waiving parking fee for Globalist?
The free breakfast is in what is normally a meeting room. It was OK, but nothing like in the restaurant. It's a small buffet with a hot item (apple crepes when we were there), hot oatmeal, breads, muffins, & croissants. Juices, coffee & tea. I'm guessing the room had about 12 tables. I'm guessing it's going to be quite some time before the restaurant reopens as there is construction going on in front of it.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:02 pm

Does C&P count as award stay for waiving parking fee for Globalist?
It does not.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
We stayed there for a couple of nights early July. Paid for the room but weren't charged for parking. Breakfast was average but the lady who looks after the breakfast room is amazing. Always smiling and nothing is too much trouble - even the couple who wanted to bring their dog for breakfast
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:11 pm

I forgot to mention that there seemed to be ample parking on the street alongside the hotel. It's just over the sidewalk from where the valet parks the cars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.