Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Lounge is on the 33rd floor of the older looking Harbor Tower, the one closer to the Marriott and Convention Center. Keycard access required and staff usually ask room numbers for breakfast and happy hour. $25 fee for bringing a guest to the lounge. There's apparently 24/7 keycard access for coffee, bottled water, computer use, etc. One bank of elevators serves floors 1-4 (meeting space, pools, etc.) and floors 29-40 (there's a view bar on 40 as well as a few rooms) while the other elevator bank on the Harbor side serves floors 1-4 and the lower room locations.

Breakfast ends at 9:30 weekdays, 11:00 weekends. Every day I saw bacon and some sort of sausage, hot eggs (scrambled plus trimmings to be added), raw ham, smoked salmon, croissants/bagels/bread varieties to be toasted, some cereal, IIRC oatmeal.

Midday snacks from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm weekdays, 11:30 am to 3:30 pm weekends.

Happy hour is from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm every day, with a selection of *free* wine and beer between 5 and 6, followed by the same wine and beer offered in the form of an honor bar from 6 to 9. Each day the food presentation includes a hot protein (cilantro chicken, grilled teriyaki salmon fillet big pieces, chicken putensca, and salmon cakes during my stay), hot mixed vegetable dish, some other cold/salad dish of the day, salad bar including slices of chicken breast, asparagus, olives, etc. with two dressings of the day, and interesting small cakes (cupcakes or pieces) for dessert.

There's a $35 plus tax resort fee (Globs exempt)

- $10 nightly F&B credit - Top of the Hyatt, Brew30, Seaview, Sally's, The Landing

- 24-Hour Fitness Center Access

- Daily 1-Hour Bicycle Usage- Wheel Fun Rentals

- One (1) Kayak or Paddleboard rental per stay

- (1) shoe shine - joey's shoe shine (no boots or suede)

- Premium High Speed Internet

- Wifi in Meeting Space for group events

- 10% Discount on Spa & Salon Services at Marilyn Monroe Spa on 3rd floor of Harbor Tower one visit per stay

- Access to hotel’s recreational courts and equipment, e.g. basketball, volleyball, and games such as giant shuffle board, Jenga, connect four, foosball, corn hole around the pool

- VIP Shopping Pass: Free and discounted items from local shops and restaurants at Seaport Village shopping center located directly outside Seaport Tower

- Rollaway Bed Rental: King rooms only

- Unlimited Phone Calls: Local & domestic long distance

- (1) 1-hr ticket for Harbor Tour per room per stay – Tour is on a modern yacht, 360 views, indoor & outdoor seating, snack bar and full service bar scenic photo opportunities

- One Craft Beer at Brew30 per room per stay

Ten minutes by taxi to/from the airport, perhaps more at rush hour. Fare was under $15 to the far end (DL, AS, UA, etc.) of the newer Terminal 2. Fare from Gaslamp area to hotel is about $7, also assuming no traffic. It's about a 20 minute walk to the Midway Museum and the cruise ship terminal/excursion boat docks.

Print Wikipost

Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2021, 12:12 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Matt4200
It’s something included in the Destination Fee and is Per Room. It is not a part of Globalist Breakfast or Prive’ Breakfast that is separate.
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
It's per room.
Thanks. so I booked a GoH booking for my close friend. He checked in today. He should have been told of the $40 globalist breakfast credit,right? Is the $40 per room per night?
Old May 22, 2021, 12:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
Thanks. so I booked a GoH booking for my close friend. He checked in today. He should have been told of the $40 globalist breakfast credit,right? Is the $40 per room per night?
He should get -

Complimentary Parking

Waived Destination Fees

Suite Upgrade (if available)

$10 Daily F&B Credit

$40 Daily Breakfast Credit
Old May 22, 2021, 6:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
Yes. I did the same for my friend when we stayed here. He also got the $40 credit to use at the Market One everyday. Your friend also can choose Sally's restaurant for breakfast on Thursday to Monday instead of the Market.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Just completed a 2 night stay over Memorial Day weekend using 2 certificates. Sold out property jam packed. Room assignment was a spacious corner 2Q room city view in Seaport tower. Hotel was sold out and it was best they could offer besides a standard room. Understand. I wanted the space more than the view, although did miss the water view.
Waived RF, waived valet parking and breakfast was waived (Sally's) for all all 4 (2 adults, 2 children). Choice of drink plus entrée per person. Each day it was more than $100 after taxes and tip. Pretty generous. Good food, but long lines to order (15 min), plus long wait (20 min) to get food. Covid has taught me patience, food was good quality. Long lines everywhere. Pool was packed with kids. Overall a nice stay, well maintained property, good location and great Globalist recognition. Great value since rates are $400+RF and currently will get 2,500 Hyatt points back and also 2,000 AA miles plus 1 free night under current promo.

River in Sight, dpb132 and pmblinn like this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
1. What is the RF?

2. Was the adult pool open?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 6:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
1. What is the RF?

RF = Resort Fee?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Choice of drink plus entrée per person. Each day it was more than $100 after taxes and tip. Pretty generous.
That's more the Globalist standard than being generous.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Aventine
That's more the Globalist standard than being generous.
You are Correct, I come from Marriott Titanium, and even after 2 years of being Globalist, I am still surprised by Hyatt's Generosity.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
RF = Resort Fee?
Yes
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
1. What is the RF?

Came with kids so did not ask about it, I did not even know there was one.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 12:49 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
You are Correct, I come from Marriott Titanium, and even after 2 years of being Globalist, I am still surprised by Hyatt's Generosity.
Manchester Grand has always been one of Hyatt's best properties in the US now for many years making Hyatt proud.
They had a fair renovation too not to many years ago
They deliver with upgrades above and beyond and have always had a generous breakfast in or out of the Grand Club lounge
I cant speak during the pandemic but others here have
Like you a ( Lifetime) Titanium Bonvoy. Overall Marriott has failed but they do have their exception properties that do deliver a good breakfast or upgrade
I've stayed with Hyatt more over the years and hoping nothing changes with the breakfast benefit post pandemic . I started a thread questioning it recently with a handful of properties making changes
Time will tell all
Old Jun 11, 2021, 5:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
So I was upgraded as an explorist to the presidential suite this weekend...will have an extended review of the place after my stay but wasn’t expecting that lol
Old Jun 11, 2021, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
So I was upgraded as an explorist to the presidential suite this weekend...will have an extended review of the place after my stay but wasn’t expecting that lol
That’s cool! How long are you staying? Did you upgrade from the standard room?
Old Jun 11, 2021, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Heh, Globalist here for just a single night... assigned a Bay View King. Wasn't disappointed until you posted =p
ZBigFam and PortlySpartacus like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 1:00 am

The hard product is nice, as in the bed and sheets are very comfortable. But what really is a letdown is the "upgrade".
I saw on the app that I had been upgraded to a two double bay view, then morning of the "GM" sends a text, telling me I'm a valued globalist, wondering what time I'll arrive and depart, in order to prepare best room.
I respond saying I don't need 2 beds and would prefer a good view, and the time of my arrival.
Nothing changes on the app. Still 2 double bay view. They had some suites on higher levels available when I checked in but was never offered those at checkin, never had the room changed to 1 bed. Basically utterly useless. He literally did nothing (or if he did something nothing happened).

Sally's is where you get breakfast on the weekends but the food is just ok, being out on the patio with a view of the marina is the nice part.

So I have to disagree with this:
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Manchester Grand has always been one of Hyatt's best properties in the US now for many years making Hyatt proud.
They deliver with upgrades above and beyond and have always had a generous breakfast in or out of the Grand Club lounge
They do not deliver with upgrades. And it isn't just me as a globalist but also another poster as a globalist who just got a bay view upgrade, not a suite, when suites were available. Not generous at all. And in my case overpromised and underdelivered. Don't think I'll be staying here again.

Oh, and I stayed in the Marriott Marquis before. I think the rooms have better views.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.