No Diamond amenity at Hyatt PIT

Old Apr 9, 2011, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down No Diamond amenity at Hyatt PIT

A few days ago I arrived at Hyatt PIT after a long flight delay. I booked that hotel from Priceline by bidding.

I showed the front desk staff my Diamond card when I checked in. He added it to the reservation. However when I asked for internet and breakfast, he checked the computer and told me I had to pay for everything.

According to most people's reports and my own experience, Hyatt is very generous to give diamond members free breakfast/internent/lounge access even for a third-party booked stay. However, at Hyatt PIT it was a different story.

My question is, is it a published rule for Diamond members that all the benefits should be given even if it is a third-party reservation?

Also, the front desk guy did not write his name on the room key envelope. Neither did he say " My name is XXX, please give me a call if you have any questions." That guy was just not as professional as other Hyatt staffs I met in the past.

Should I complain about my experience?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 2:54 pm

From the T&C (Bolding mine):

"Daily complimentary in-room Internet access will be provided during all stays. Internet access may be wired or wireless and varies by property. If the hotel offers wired and wireless internet services, it is at the hotel's discretion which internet service to provide"

"4. Diamond members will receive access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge in hotels that have the lounge. During periods of high demand, access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2500 bonus points plus daily complimentary full breakfast for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people. Bonus points will not be given at the Grand Hyatt New York.

5. In Hyatt hotels that do not have a Regency Club or Grand Club lounge, daily complimentary full breakfast (tax and gratuity included) will be provided to the member and each guest registered in the room, maximum four (4) people. For stays at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, daily continental breakfast (tax and gratuity included) will be provided to the member and each guest registered in the room, maximum four (4) people. Breakfast is not valid for in-room dining. Benefit not valid at Hyatt Place or Hyatt Summerfield Suites."

With regards to Priceline stays, the Bed Guarantee does SPECIFICALLY address them:

"The bed type guarantee does not apply to room upgrades. In order to qualify for the guarantee, the member's Hyatt Gold Passport account number and confirmed bed type must be included on the reservation. Reservations made through meeting planners, travel agents and wholesalers must include this information in order to be included in the guarantee. The guarantee is not valid on reservations booked through third-party websites such as, but not limited to, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com. Platinum and Diamond members who make a reservation on the same day he/she plans to arrive at the hotel or who walks into a hotel without a reservation is not eligible to receive the guarantee."

This implies to me that since it is not specifically mentioned under the other sections, the benefits must apply.

That being said though, in my opinion, the time to have addressed it was then. I do not think it merits raising a stink about it now, because if it was such a big deal then, you should have checked and fixed it immediately.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 3:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
My question is, is it a published rule for Diamond members that all the benefits should be given even if it is a third-party reservation?
Yes! That's why it's good to know your full benefits. You can write now to the GM and you might recoup your costs if you're lucky but as antonius said, the time to have addressed this was at check-in.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:15 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
After staying there over 25 nights last year I stopped staying there. They are VERY un-customer focused imo. The GM is never around, doesn't return calls until months after a stay and nobody really cares about the customer at this property imo. The only positive thing that can be said for this property is the location. It sure is nice to be able to just walk into a property after getting off the plane!

The Hyatt Place is a much better place to stay imo if you want a Hyatt stay in PIT.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by crystak
[B]... but as antonius said, the time to have addressed this was at check-in.
I agree that the time to address it was at check-in but you may also address it now. You were wrongfully charged. As a Diamond those services are FREE. Contact Hyatt Customer Service. Hyatt will refund your money.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
I agree with ldsant. Although I have only stayed there once, it was not a pleasant stay. For some unremembered reason I had to eat all 3 meals a day there for 2 days..and although I cannot remember the WHY I certainly remember the BAD..each of them was truly terrible. It was amazing.

Just not a friendly place....quite the difference from the MCO airport property which is a great place to stay, and NOT just because it is convenient.

PIT is Mr Sophie's hometown, but we never stay at the Hyatt...sad, really. it could be an asset to travelers in and out of PIT.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 9:07 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by nonactin
A few days ago I arrived at Hyatt PIT after a long flight delay. I booked that hotel from Priceline by bidding.

I showed the front desk staff my Diamond card when I checked in. He added it to the reservation. However when I asked for internet and breakfast, he checked the computer and told me I had to pay for everything.

According to most people's reports and my own experience, Hyatt is very generous to give diamond members free breakfast/internent/lounge access even for a third-party booked stay. However, at Hyatt PIT it was a different story.

Also, the front desk guy did not write his name on the room key envelope. Neither did he say " My name is XXX, please give me a call if you have any questions." That guy was just not as professional as other Hyatt staffs I met in the past.

Should I complain about my experience?
Good morning!

You may also PM your reservation details to us, and we will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Nick B.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.