Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa (Austin, TX) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa (Austin, TX) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
I was there in December and will be returning for July 4th. Club should be open (usually is full time in summer). Be prepared, Lost Pines in the summer is packed, mainly with families. If you're a globalist, I'd call ahead and politely asfor them to place you based on what you want (i.e., near the pool for accessibility but loud, or in a quieter area). They're pretty good about honoring these requests. Personally, my family and I prefer the area down by the fishing pond. Pretty close to pool, but not overly loud.

Parking for awards with Globalist will be comp'd.

One other piece of advice, skip Firewheel cafe for dinner. I've been there to this property many of times and never had a pleasant dinner experience in firewheel. It's loud, the wait staff seems shell shocked, and if you dare to order off the menu instead of the cattle call buffet, you will wait forever.............. Eat at one of the other restaurants on property or venture off site (either to Bastrop or Austin) for dinner. Also, the club evening spread is usually more than ample to make a good meal out of it.
Thanks for the tips!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:02 pm

Stayed here a bunch of times. It's a very very nice property. Be sure to check out the spa area!!!! It's thankfully adults only and has lots of nice FREE features including steam/sauna, private pools, and other cool stuff.

As others have said, when school is out, be ready for HOARDS of unsupervised kids running and BIKING everywhere... some of whom ran over (hit with a bike) my elderly parents during a past visit. This isn't the hotel's fault but I will not go there during school breaks.

Nice suites - not sure why they call them "junior suites" as they'd be a full suite everywhere else (separate bedroom, full living area, full table, etc.) Typically a pretty easy upgrade to get for Globalists.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Stayed here a bunch of times. It's a very very nice property. Be sure to check out the spa area!!!! It's thankfully adults only and has lots of nice FREE features including steam/sauna, private pools, and other cool stuff.

As others have said, when school is out, be ready for HOARDS of unsupervised kids running and BIKING everywhere... some of whom ran over (hit with a bike) my elderly parents during a past visit. This isn't the hotel's fault but I will not go there during school breaks.

Nice suites - not sure why they call them "junior suites" as they'd be a full suite everywhere else (separate bedroom, full living area, full table, etc.) Typically a pretty easy upgrade to get for Globalists.
Makes me feel like I wasted a DSU for nothing then
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:36 pm

Late October weather and pool temp

I'm looking at heading out to this week during the third week of October and am considering bringing the family with me. Looks like they have a nice pool, but it sounds like it is not heated all of the time.

Is the weather typically nice enough in late October to take advantage of the pool and are the pools heated during that time of year?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by 760Devilfan
I'm looking at heading out to this week during the third week of October and am considering bringing the family with me. Looks like they have a nice pool, but it sounds like it is not heated all of the time.

Is the weather typically nice enough in late October to take advantage of the pool and are the pools heated during that time of year?
We often visit here the first week of October, as it's a good time when the crowds from summer have dissipated, it's cooler, but warm enough for the pools (we only live about 90 minutes away, so this is a common staycation destination for us). The lazy river definitely isn't heated. I think the main pool is, but definitely not kept warm enough to use in late fall / winter (when it's warm enough during the day here but cold at night).

Usually, I'd say the end of October would probably be pushing it with regard to pools, but given the intensity of heat we've had in central texas this summer, you may be fine.

Pools aside, there's a fair amount of activities at this resort for families. We were there last December, and my young kids weren't bored at all.

Last edited by ClarkGriswold; Aug 27, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:41 pm

Depending on where you are from, I think youll be OK. Texans are used to major summer heat and anything below 90 is not swim weather for a lot of us.

If you are climatized such that you consider low 80s warm enough for swimming then I suspect youll think its just perfect. Also I thought the lazy river there was heated... you might call to check on that.
ClarkGriswold likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB

We just finished up our annual kids' birthday long weekend at Lost Pines (and did Schlitterbahn water park one of the days). Lost Pines treats the kids crazy well each year. We did Coconut Point this year too, and CP has a better water park, but Lost Pines wins in terms of customer service.

October in Texas is normally our perfect time of the year, and we are in our pool in October, but the end of October may be cutting it close in terms of pool temperature. You could have a week of 85 degree weather and it would be perfect or a week of 65 degree weather that would be pretty chilly in the pool.

If you are from Aruba, the water in October will feel cold. If you are from Minnesota, the water in October will be toasty.

We get the horribly labelled "junior suite", which is a full suite with a separate bedroom and a full living room (pull out sofa) and table seating for four. The regency club was open this trip, and it is fine for a family resort (which would drive some folks crazy). I actually like it a bit better when the club is closed and you get the full breakfast in the restaurant (although the pecan pie as an evening snack in the club is missed).
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
As anyone been lucky even to get breakfast or Regency Club access to your stay when you are not Globalist. I lost my Globalist status for this year so I am just curious if this is possible. Either one of these would be great for the weekend with the family.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by devastor
As anyone been lucky even to get breakfast or Regency Club access to your stay when you are not Globalist. I lost my Globalist status for this year so I am just curious if this is possible. Either one of these would be great for the weekend with the family.
I haven't seen then comp access to the club, but I'm pretty sure like most properties you can buy your way in. As for regular breakfast free, best chance would be through Amex FHR or a rate plan from hyatt with breakfast included.

Also too, the club here is seasonal, only open during the summer and around holidays in december (I don't think they open it up for spring break).
Old Dec 24, 2018, 7:37 am

Stayed here one night last weekend. Property is in the midst of needed renovation, though it's not intrusive. Looks like it'll be a nice update to a great property.

Club is not open for holiday break this year.

One other thing of note -- Self parking is no longer free and this is enforced by gate controlled access now. It's $15/night, which I find slightly annoying and would be really ticked if I was paying this on top of resort fees too. At check-in, the associate told me that policy was to give Globalists valet at that same rate (if on a paid night, otherwise it's free), and this was honored for my stay. However, talking with a manager on departure, I tried to confirm that was indeed policy and I got a puzzled face, so YMMV.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:33 am

I just booked a non-refundable rate for $348 a night for the family suite for April 26. However, the prepaid rate included the resort fee. Then I saw that they attached a king room to my suite as well and there's a resort fee with that.
I assume I can get both of those fees back at check out since I'm globalist. Has anyone had any issues with that?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by krazieman
I just booked a non-refundable rate for $348 a night for the family suite for April 26. However, the prepaid rate included the resort fee. Then I saw that they attached a king room to my suite as well and there's a resort fee with that.
I assume I can get both of those fees back at check out since I'm globalist. Has anyone had any issues with that?
You shouldn't have any issue with resort fees.... just ask and they will take it off.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 4:53 pm

Main page now says, "In order to provide our guests with a contemporary and modern travel experience, we have embarked on an exciting room renovation through June 30, 2020. Please pardon these resort enhancements while they are in progress." Anyone been there recently to give first hand account? Thinking of doing a trip around Easter with the family. Is the club now gone, as it isn't listed on their website. If it is still there, but only seasonal, if it is shut down in April, but I apply and Explorist club upgrade, would we have access to breakfast at the on-site restaurant?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by dprocuk
Main page now says, "In order to provide our guests with a contemporary and modern travel experience, we have embarked on an exciting room renovation through June 30, 2020. Please pardon these resort enhancements while they are in progress." Anyone been there recently to give first hand account? Thinking of doing a trip around Easter with the family. Is the club now gone, as it isn't listed on their website. If it is still there, but only seasonal, if it is shut down in April, but I apply and Explorist club upgrade, would we have access to breakfast at the on-site restaurant?
I was there first week of this month. They had most of the wing by the spa shut down, but the rest of hotel was up and running just fine. They told me they're doing the renovations in sections. Noise only noticeable when down by the pond, and even then minimal. The club is only open in the summers (and maybe spring break). No, I don't think they'll give you breakfast off of club passes.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP CONKEY, HYATT GLOB, SPG PLAT
Has anyone gotten more info about this resort opening, other than the policies posted online? https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/te...auslp/policies

The hotel operator mentioned they are limiting the hotel capacity to 50%, but I am skeptical.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.