Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa (Austin, TX) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa (Austin, TX) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:15 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Finished one night stay during President day weekend. There were a big conference, so hotel was quite full, but I used my almost expired suite upgrade. I got a junior suite, but it is actually quite large full suite. Definitely, worth to use suite upgrade here. Huge difference with normal room..

As I remember, I used to have $38 credit for breakfast, but this time I heard I can eat anything I wanted.. is it changed? not sure.. Comparing this point, Hyatt Hill Country gives breakfast upto 4 people..
Old Aug 6, 2012, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by devastor
They only have 4 "executive" junior suites, so it is hard to get them. But they are incredibly spacious and great. Was able to score one in our last visit.

I am sure you will love your junior suite and the facilities of the Lost Pines. It is definitely "first class."
Does anyone have any details on what the "executive" junior suites offer in terms of space, amenities, sitting areas, etc. that differ from the regular junior suites?

I am booked in one in 2 weeks with the family and wanted to see if they offer microwaves or different items than the regular junior suites.

Thanks for any insights! And I'll provide my own review and pics when I return...
Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by AUSMatt
Does anyone have any details on what the "executive" junior suites offer in terms of space, amenities, sitting areas, etc. that differ from the regular junior suites?

I am booked in one in 2 weeks with the family and wanted to see if they offer microwaves or different items than the regular junior suites.

Thanks for any insights! And I'll provide my own review and pics when I return...
I know it is not that convenient, but I strongly recommend to give the property a call. They have so many different room types and in some cases the differences are difficult to comprehend.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
Just checking in to see if anyone has visited the property since the remodeling began? Thinking of booking a stay for Memorial Weekend and it looks like they will be done by then but just wanted to get a status report.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
anyone stayed here recently?
Old May 25, 2013, 3:22 pm

When arriving which part of the resort should I request? I will be staying with a two year old and would have access to the regency club.
Old May 26, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM; Alaska MVP100K; WOH Globalist; Bonvoy LT Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by nowstime
When arriving which part of the resort should I request? I will be staying with a two year old and would have access to the regency club.
The resort is big so if you want close to the RC, ask for the south wing.
Old May 27, 2013, 9:20 am

Thank you...^^

Originally Posted by thekaica
The resort is big so if you want close to the RC, ask for the south wing.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Diamond
RC closed until Thanksgiving

Staying here now. The Regency Club is closed until Thanksgiving. The full breakfast offered in the restaurant is pretty nice, and the bonus points for the lounge being closed were offered.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 7:34 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by T-Man
Staying here now. The Regency Club is closed until Thanksgiving. The full breakfast offered in the restaurant is pretty nice, and the bonus points for the lounge being closed were offered.
And rates here can be very, very affordable during the slower fall days. 2,500 RC closed + 1,000 Diamond + base pts + promo points + decent breakfast can often work out pretty well here.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Well, I can't comment on the rooms, but I was impressed with the service. I had booked a room earlier this month with AA miles (Worked out to be was cheaper than using points)

When I went to check in, they could not find the reservation using my name or the confirmation numbers I received from AA. They spent about three hours on the phone with AA and the travel agency that actually makes the booking. Meanwhile, the hotel let us eat and drink for free at the bar. Unfortunately the hotel was at full occupancy due to three weddings that weekend. The hotel was very apologetic and offered to put us up in a nearby hotel and mailed me a gift certificate for a free night.

I of course complained to AA and got my miles back and an extra voucher.

Looking forward to going back and actually getting to stay here sometime in the new year.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Originally Posted by britishcanuck
Well, I can't comment on the rooms, but I was impressed with the service.
Hi britishcanuck, thank you for posting your "near stay" experience and welcome to flyertalk!

My experience with customer service here also was that it was exceptional (in a Texan fashion). It was several years ago now, so only thing I can really add is about our great "downgrade". After some banter at check-in, we gave up our pre-arrival comped Jr suite to be accomodated in a "special room" with a clawfoot tub that was a centerpiece of the large bathroom. Our room also had a small dressing room (or large walk-in closet) across from the bathroom. The room featured a king size sleigh bed within a well furnished space that did not make the bed look like it was shoe-horned into a beige box. Hopefully its still there. Sadly I have no pictures and it is not something I see on their website.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
I had booked a room earlier this month with AA miles (Worked out to be was cheaper than using points)

When I went to check in, they could not find the reservation using my name or the confirmation numbers I received from AA.
This past spring, I had an AA reservation in Orlando for one night. I wasn't sure how it all would be processed, so I called the hotel directly after I had confirmation from AA just to verify the reservation. They stumbled a bit on finding it, but they did, and when I arrived, everything was squared away. Where did you end up staying when they bumped you? Downtown Austin? Not exactly much else around HLP, besides the highway and river.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:34 am

Question on this resort, hoping someone can help. Am staying over spring break, I am only plat but purchased regency club level rooms guaranteeing my access to the lounge. Is there any additional benefit to being a diamond here? I am thinking about doing my diamond challenge before my trip here for spring break so I get diamond benefits but not sure what else I would get other than RC access?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Question on this resort, hoping someone can help. Am staying over spring break, I am only plat but purchased regency club level rooms guaranteeing my access to the lounge. Is there any additional benefit to being a diamond here? I am thinking about doing my diamond challenge before my trip here for spring break so I get diamond benefits but not sure what else I would get other than RC access?
If you do the Diamond trial, I would suggest you change your reservation to a standard rate, or do points+cash and then apply one of the Diamond Suite Upgrades. You'll have a suite and access to the RC as a Diamond.

As a Diamond you'll also get the late checkout, and the point bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.