Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa (Austin, TX) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa (Austin, TX) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:03 pm

I believe it is a Hyatt policy that resort fee will not be charged on award stay.

I thought they should open the club weekend because the occupancy usually is higher during that time.

The main resort pool is on the small side giving the side of the property, IMHO.

Is this a new thing that diamond get a lousy $5 off the resort fee (same $5 off when I stay at Kauai) when the internet itself is at least $10 by itself which we will get it for free. How about those Platinum members?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I think we've seen peteropny pretty regularly say, in answer to this question or experience, that the resort fee is supposed to be waived for Diamond award stays.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:59 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Firewind
I think we've seen peteropny pretty regularly say, in answer to this question or experience, that the resort fee is supposed to be waived for Diamond award stays.
LOL - true - it was confirmed by Gold Passport Concierge - exactly where - I'm not going to go find right now But the "discount" for Diamonds on revenue stays regarding the resort fees seem to be popping up quite regularly lately.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 12:14 am

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
This is resort worth use a suite stay or suite upgrade? It sounds like their Junior Suites are nothing to write home about and most people get upgrade to Premium rooms. I guess another question is what are premium rooms?
Old Oct 2, 2011, 3:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by devastor
This is resort worth use a suite stay or suite upgrade? It sounds like their Junior Suites are nothing to write home about and most people get upgrade to Premium rooms. I guess another question is what are premium rooms?
E.g. end of the hallway rooms, corner rooms, rooms with a higher ceiling on the top floor, but also rooms on the ground floor next to the pool(s) and close to the spa

Reports of free upgrades are rare and the junior suites are significantly bigger, so for me the situation is comparable to Scottsdale:

The suites in the pool are nothing too special, however free upgrades and regular rooms are def. below the standard of the smallest suite, so it might be worth it depending on the needs of the guest.

One should mention though that the size of the rooms at Lost Pines is not a concern, which is not the case at Scottsdale.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: HH Gold, GP Diamond, ICH Plat, SPG Gold, WN A List, National Exec
Originally Posted by devastor
I used my suite upgrade cert on a paid stay and got a nice suite. The room had a separate bedroom and overall was very good size with a large bathroom and balcony. I'm not sure which level of suite I got but I was very happy with using my cert here.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 11:56 am

The suite I got has a hotel "queen" size bed, not a "king", if it matters to you.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:27 pm

Their junior suites are actually what other properties might consider a full suite. It has a separate living room with dining table, TV and sleeper sofa, but the junior suite bedrooms all seem to have queen beds. If you want a king, you'll need an "executive" junior suite, which is not normally offered as a free suite upgrade. They are larger than the regular junior suites, but are not located near the RC or pool.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: HH Gold, GP Diamond, ICH Plat, SPG Gold, WN A List, National Exec
Originally Posted by DealDetective
Their junior suites are actually what other properties might consider a full suite. It has a separate living room with dining table, TV and sleeper sofa, but the junior suite bedrooms all seem to have queen beds. If you want a king, you'll need an "executive" junior suite, which is not normally offered as a free suite upgrade. They are larger than the regular junior suites, but are not located near the RC or pool.
That must have been the room I received because I got a king bed. I also requested a room in a quiet area of the resort so that might be how I was able to get the room, plus it was during low occupancy time before summer started.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 1:03 pm

Thanks everyone for the replies. And just because you upgrade to a suite doesn't mean you get accesss to the Regency Club correct?

FYI...I'm a Platinum member, use to be Diamond.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 1:11 pm

I don't think a suite will get you club access. In the fall and winter, the club is often closed anyway.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:29 am

Yeah I called and the junior suite they have me in is with a queen size bed. I will try to get into an "executive" junior suite. The wife loves their Grand King Beds.

I don't think a suite will get you club access. In the fall and winter, the club is often closed anyway.
Looks like I will be getting 2,5000 pts then.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 8:36 pm
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Wish I had read this thread before I checked into th hotel two hrs ago... I'm in a standard junior suite; didn't know to ask for the executive one. It's actually a nice size room, so no big deal. No free waters is annoying ($4 per bottle!), and no mention of the reduced fee as a Diamond. I'll check the bill tomorrow at checkout.

On a side note, I was proactively offered a 2pm late checkout, not 4pm. I'm leaving by noon, so it didn't matter, but I wanted to mention it as another datapoint.

CLG
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by CLG
Wish I had read this thread before I checked into th hotel two hrs ago... I'm in a standard junior suite; didn't know to ask for the executive one. It's actually a nice size room, so no big deal. No free waters is annoying ($4 per bottle!), and no mention of the reduced fee as a Diamond. I'll check the bill tomorrow at checkout.

On a side note, I was proactively offered a 2pm late checkout, not 4pm. I'm leaving by noon, so it didn't matter, but I wanted to mention it as another datapoint.

CLG
They only have 4 "executive" junior suites, so it is hard to get them. But they are incredibly spacious and great. Was able to score one in our last visit.

I am sure you will love your junior suite and the facilities of the Lost Pines. It is definitely "first class."
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:20 am

I was at this property last week, quite nice. Also noticed the Hyatt regency Austin is even more expensive than this resort. So I commute everyday to north Austin while I was there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.