Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 23, 2023, 5:32 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Fluff Ermine
Looks like that might be it - concierge reached out as well with no reply. Will just have to wait or take reservation matters in my own hands I guess.

BTW, how was your stay overall? Enjoy the balcony room?
Very relaxing. Hotel was very quiet so the staff were very attentive. Even engaged in a little bit of rule bending which is pretty rare for Japan - for example having the Japanese Breakfast set means nothing from the buffet - however they would bring a plate of pastries and some bread pudding because they "knew we liked them".
Fluff Ermine likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 6:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Concierge basically nonexistant

Dont know if anyone else is trying to deal with their concierge at the moment but the experience has been dreadful. My first email to them was January 11th for a stay in May and I still have no confirmed reservations. Literal weeks between replies, which I only got after my concierge emailed and directly called the hotel twice. Sent me a list of times / dates a week and a half ago that I politely replied to, but got completely ghosted on, so theyre probably all gone.

Understand theyre probably overwhelmed with cherry blossom goers now but this is ridiculous, PHTs concierge got everything I needed done in 2 hours. Almost want to demand points compensation for wasting so much time.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Almost want to demand points compensation for wasting so much time.
Entitled much?
If you want the PH Kyoto's concierge support, then book the PH Kyoto. If you're not doing that because of the price difference, then why do you expect the same service?
The simple solution here is learn how to book your own reservations. A great deal of the premium restaurants in Japan do not require a hotel middle man these days.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
Entitled much?
If you want the PH Kyoto's concierge support, then book the PH Kyoto. If you're not doing that because of the price difference, then why do you expect the same service?
The simple solution here is learn how to book your own reservations. A great deal of the premium restaurants in Japan do not require a hotel middle man these days.
I never said I wanted the PH Kyoto's level of concierge support. I just expected a decent hotel to 1) reply at all without triple bumping, and 2) in a somewhat timely manner. They doubled down on being able to assist and just completely ghosted me after weeks of no replies. I'll obviously have to go reserve things myself now, but I don't think my original ask was unreasonable or entitled.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 11:01 pm

Just a random data point. I just checked out from a 2 night stay (booked with points), and was upgraded to a Kyoto king suite. I was surprised by the upgrade and the front desk said they dont normally upgrade to that suite, but did because it was my first stay with them. It is obviously slow season, so Im sure that played into it. I am a globalist.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 11:10 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Does anyone have a contact for a good tour operator in Kyoto?
Old Mar 5, 2023, 4:22 am

Concierge difficulties have been smoothed over and, as suspected, the desk was reduced to a skeleton crew during the low season which explained the weeks of delays. Now responds within a day and is very gracious. Andrew Falger is a great resource.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 5:18 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Concierge difficulties have been smoothed over and, as suspected, the desk was reduced to a skeleton crew during the low season which explained the weeks of delays. Now responds within a day and is very gracious. Andrew Falger is a great resource.
Andrew Falger is great! His advices are wonderful
Fluff Ermine likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 1:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Deleted

Last edited by beachfan; Mar 6, 2023 at 2:08 am
Old Mar 30, 2023, 5:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Yes, Andrew Id great as is the whole team now (and starting early March),

Here now, and the daily drink extends to the whiskey menu. Pours vary by bartender, sometimes strict, sometimes loose.anything under 2,000 yen is available for the welcome drink.

based on price, Id expect small pours. Gleornagie 18 is 1500 yen. Seem to have gotten a double tonight😀.

They had Springbank 21 for 4,000 yen- not much left and I took the last shot. Best scotch I ever had.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by r0m8470
Just finished a 5-night stay, with check in date on Nov 18. They changed the b-fast format to full buffet on Nov 21 with ala carte option added in. On the 19th and the 20th - there were no hot food option on the buffet, sans the bread/pastry section (done via menu). Our b-fast on Nov 23, 24 and 25 were fast - no evident of short staff. Ms Nagatsuka and Mr Shipley (yes - you read that right - South Carolina guy) are super, very nice, very attentive and remember every details about our preferences.
Happy to report that the new format for breakfast is much more efficient and avoids the pileups that I saw in November. Hotel was just as packed, but breakfast flow was smooth: get a table, offered a small hot item menu selection, which you order immediately upon sitting down. The rest of the goods (pastries, fruits, juices, etc.) are all from the buffet. Very pleasant.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 2:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Note that while it's not a far walk to the hotel distance wise from the keihan railway stop, it is uphill. Still quite doable - a taxi, if they could excuse the short distance, would be best.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 5:38 pm

Interesting note - I had two rooms booked for 4 people total on Prive rates (upgrade confirms into Twin Bed Deluxe) but one pax dropped out and I was hoping I could consolidate 3 people into one room. Some communication back and forth about whether it was acceptable to put 3 people into the Twin Bed Deluxe as the original 2 Twins base room booking only accepts 2 people. Ultimately it was approved, but with 7400 yen extra person charge and another 7400 yen for the rollaway, per night. Extra ~15K yen per night on a 27K yen booking is a bit steep, but alas.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by pWei
Note that while it's not a far walk to the hotel distance wise from the keihan railway stop, it is uphill. Still quite doable - a taxi, if they could excuse the short distance, would be best.
I had never thought about it, but yes, it is uphill. But the grade is so mild I hadn't even thought about it not being more or less flat. On the upside (excuse the pun), it's downhill to the station...
Old Apr 23, 2023, 2:58 pm

Interesting note - I had two rooms booked for 4 people total on Prive rates (upgrade confirms into Twin Bed Deluxe) but one pax dropped out and I was hoping I could consolidate 3 people into one room. Some communication back and forth about whether it was acceptable to put 3 people into the Twin Bed Deluxe as the original 2 Twins base room booking only accepts 2 people. Ultimately it was approved, but with 7400 yen extra person charge and another 7400 yen for the rollaway, per night. Extra ~15K yen per night on a 27K yen booking is a bit steep, but alas.
Anyone know if this extra charge for a 3rd person applies to bookings made using award points?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.