Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Any experience with Hawthorn Central Austin?

Old Jul 8, 06, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond

I'm totally inexperienced with all of Hyatt's all-suite brands (and it sure seems to me like they have three very similar brands). I have a reservation for Hawthorn Central Austin, and I'm wondering what this property is like.

There are 4 of us guys - space is really the most important thing to us. We have a 2-bedroom suite booked. It is called a "Penthouse" suite, whatever that means. How many total beds we should expect, including sofabeds?

How does Hawthorn compare to, say, a Residence Inn? Is it about the same quality-wise?

I realize this property is NOT actually in central Austin - I have a friend who lives there who says it is about three miles away from central Austin, and I popped in an address I know is in the middle of 6th Street, and Google agrees. But from what I can tell, it is the closest all-suites property with 2-bedroom units to the center of Austin. Unless I'm missing something...

Search this Thread