Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Will others miss 1800 Checkin if Hyatt kills it?

Old Jun 28, 06, 12:22 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM

I can't see any reason for Web Checkin except for Hyatt to get rid of the expense of 1800 Checkin.
I love being able to discuss my room type and location and possible upgrade before I check in- and early in the day- using 1800.
I get no info on my room with Web checkin.
If others feel as I do, should we let Hyatt know of our dissatisfaction?
Old Jun 28, 06, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Iw will most definitely miss it.... big time
Old Jun 29, 06, 10:16 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I will definately miss my 1-800-CI Angel if they cancel it... she's been FANTASTIC in getting me upgrades at domestic properties and when she checks me in my bonus points always post... with others... hardly ever....
Old Jun 29, 06, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA3MMEXP, BAGold,UA1MMPremGold,FBSilver, MarriottAmb, AccorPlat, HHGold, ICPlatAmb, HyattDiscoverist
I would definitely miss it. I don't always use it, but it's been extremely useful on most occasions when I did, and I sure wish I had used it instead of checking in at the reception desk at the HR Capitol Hill last week(e.g., "please include the G2 bonus--which is in my reservation": "I don't think we offer that anymore." "I'd like a breakfast coupon, please, I'm on the AAA breakfast-included rate": "I don't see that anywhere in your reservation" etc.)
Old Jun 29, 06, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Won't miss it.
Old Jun 29, 06, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA1k 2.9mm,AA ex-EXP,Hy Glob, Acc Plt,HH Dia,Onyx Plt,Mar LT Tit,IHG Spi,RR G,BW Dia,FPC Plt
I'd miss it and I've never even used it. It's just nice to have the option.
Old Jun 29, 06, 5:10 pm
pdb

I use 800-Checkin all the time, particularly if I'm going to be arriving late. Obviously, it was more useful when they gave you the room number (which, if you didn't like, you could ask them to contact the property to change it).

I still don't understand why the WEB Checkin cannot be used for special rates. If you have to check at the front desk when you arrive to show an ID or membership, then so be it...but at least you've got a room pre-assigned.
Old Jun 29, 06, 5:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I really like 1-800-Checkin, especially as I don't always have an internet-connected device and especially for when I have a late arrival. (I liked it also when I needed to know my room number well before I got there.) I've also had more issues with doing web check-in on certain types of bookings than I've ever had with 1-800-Checkin.

Search this Thread