Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 19, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by BobR
Based on my stay in March I would estimate the median net worth of guests in the hotel to be north of $10,000,000. Nobody was sweating the cost of breakfast.

This is not something you need to worry about, Milan is a great food town.
I am by no means poor and in the top 1% but I still like the fact that my status brings me breakfast there are other things I can do with those Euros ! very few people don't care what they spend
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Exactly..... Even if I can afford it, I value a free breakfast :-).
But if you have no status it shouldn't be a surprise that at places and locations likes these breakfast runs anywhere from €40-60pp.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Exactly..... Even if I can afford it, I value a free breakfast :-).
But if you have no status it shouldn't be a surprise that at places and locations likes these breakfast runs anywhere from €40-60pp.

yep^^
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by Big Mac
Thanks.
That's quite... pricey...
More if you get my favourite lobster and caviar omelette along with the buffet! The tea here is also pretty good for Italy.
Old May 9, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Just checked out after a 2 night stay using points. We were upgraded to a terrace suite, lovely room but no view of the duomo. After a long flight on iberia we were happy to recover in our lovely suite. The hotel location and service were absolutely wonderful. Loved the morning breakfast especially the lobster omelet. We enjoyed the chocolates in the room but never saw any wine.Would highly recommend this hotel. The concierge team was very helpful with dinner reservations and retrieving our lost luggage that stayed behind in jfk.
Old May 9, 2017, 7:19 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wilma
Just checked out after a 2 night stay using points. We were upgraded to a terrace suite, lovely room but no view of the duomo. After a long flight on iberia we were happy to recover in our lovely suite. The hotel location and service were absolutely wonderful. Loved the morning breakfast especially the lobster omelet. We enjoyed the chocolates in the room but never saw any wine.Would highly recommend this hotel. The concierge team was very helpful with dinner reservations and retrieving our lost luggage that stayed behind in jfk.
Good to hear always one of my favorite PH's Concierge has always been one of the strong suits here. Seems Milan has stayed the course while PHV is sliding a bit. Lobster omelet ? Wow !
Old May 19, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Just did a two night stay here and was really impressed with the team at this property. GF and I were there when Obama was at the hotel, and aside from the giant crush of people waiting outside the doors to see him, we didn't notice much disruption. Security was tight and there was a slight language barrier at times, but by the end of our stay they all recognized us.

The breakfast buffet was quite good, and very well stocked. I'd rather eat in the cafes around the hotel, but it was quite good for us before we took the train to Rome. Buffet cost was ~€40 for non-Globs. No idea what the menu prices were, but the waitress asked us "why didn't you order off the menu?!"

Can't wait to go back there.
Old May 26, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Just did a two night stay here and was really impressed with the team at this property. GF and I were there when Obama was at the hotel, and aside from the giant crush of people waiting outside the doors to see him, we didn't notice much disruption. Security was tight and there was a slight language barrier at times, but by the end of our stay they all recognized us.

The breakfast buffet was quite good, and very well stocked. I'd rather eat in the cafes around the hotel, but it was quite good for us before we took the train to Rome. Buffet cost was ~€40 for non-Globs. No idea what the menu prices were, but the waitress asked us "why didn't you order off the menu?!"

Can't wait to go back there.
Should have done a stakeout to grab a picture
Old Jun 9, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
The breakfast here and PH Paris are all just ridiculous if it wasn't for the Diamond status. I remember when I went to the PH Paris, it was 52 Euros back when 1 Euro was 1.6USD or something. Like, I have money, but uhh. I'm also cheap so there is no way I would every pay for that.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by krazieman
The breakfast here and PH Paris are all just ridiculous if it wasn't for the Diamond status. I remember when I went to the PH Paris, it was 52 Euros back when 1 Euro was 1.6USD or something. Like, I have money, but uhh. I'm also cheap so there is no way I would every pay for that.
If it wasn't for the status would you be staying at either, that is really the question. Having said that the PHV is losing some of it's luster there are several, I being one that is going elsewhere in the "system" when back in Paris
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
If I'm currently Glob and book a points stay for April 2018 as well as apply one of my TSUs, if my status drops to Explorist in 2018 what are the odds that I'd still be offered complimentary breakfast because I'm in a suite?

I'm thinking slim to none but I know some PHs comp breakfast for suite guests... trying to decide whether to PH in Milan or do something else like Hotel Excelsior mentioned upthread (I'm SPG lifetime gold) if I do indeed drop a tier
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

This years TSU's expire on Feb 28 so your plan will not work....
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
Let's play the devil's advocate/YMMV game as I've had success bypassing this type of expiration in the past.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I'm with RTW here. Even if they miss that the TSU was applied in error when they review the reservations, I am unaware of any PH that comp free breakfast with suite unless it was the package that was booked. Sometimes lounge access is included in suites for hotels with lounges, but this is not the same situation.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Any recent Globalist stays here? We're staying 3 nights P+C & TSU in a couple weeks, looking forward to it! Also, any nearby restaurant/bar recommendations in the area? Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.