Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 7, 2022, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I doubt anyone is booking the 2000 euro guaranteed availability rate -- 2-3x the 4S or MO.
€2000?!?! That's absurd. As you say, 2-3x 4S and MO and their pricing for early June.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for calling @callmedtop. Any idea what the soft opening entails? Just a limited number of guests or also limited amenities? Wondering if the breakfast will be dimmed down a good bit. I'll take some pictures in a couple of weeks when I go and gladly update if no one is there before then.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:44 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Are FTers forgetting that guaranteed availability quotes RACK?

If the hotel is not accepting standard reservations, you should simply stay somewhere else.

Soft openings tend to use hotel chain staff to test new facilities while much of the property is not operational.

Are you really willing to pay 2k Euros for a terrible experience and probably no upgrade?
Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:13 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Are FTers forgetting that guaranteed availability quotes RACK?

If the hotel is not accepting standard reservations, you should simply stay somewhere else.

Soft openings tend to use hotel chain staff to test new facilities while much of the property is not operational.

Are you really willing to pay 2k Euros for a terrible experience and probably no upgrade?
No but I have an award reservation booked at 30k, and I'd rather pay 30k points for a nice room in a great location with breakfast and parking included than pay $900 for the MO via FHR, unless there's a really good reason not to burn the points.

I don't think anyone is paying the 2000 euro, but I imagine lots of folks have rooms booked on points or on cash at the rates that were previously available (500-800 euro).

End of the day, if the F&B or other situation is so subpar as to dampen the stay, I'll ask for some points back or a comped bar tab or something. For a one nighter, that's all still preferable to paying for the MO out of pocket.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:39 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
No but I have an award reservation booked at 30k, and I'd rather pay 30k points for a nice room in a great location with breakfast and parking included than pay $900 for the MO via FHR, unless there's a really good reason not to burn the points.
In that case, great deal!

I've noticed rates are astronomical across Europe this Summer. I'm burning all my points for the same reason. Even buying what I needed is securing suites at 1/4 of the best available rate.
platbrownguy and edgewood49 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 5:34 pm

New home page banner:

In 2021 Park Hyatt Milano undertook a complete property renovation, focusing on its rooms and suites, gastronomic restaurant and Spa. The last part of this important project is still ongoing.

The hotel is currently open and operating with a limited inventory of rooms; for this reason several dates may already be sold out.

The gastronomic restaurant and Spa will reopen in April 2022.

---------

Any idea about the gastronomic restaurant?

There's now availability in April.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I'll find out in a few days time. Hoping that this is replacing the former Michelin starred restaurant. The breakfast at PH Milan was always noted as being generous - would hate for that to not be open yet.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
I'm here and it's beautiful. Main lobby restaurant is fully operational, the club sandwich and 'Plin' ravioli are both excellent. Room is great, service stellar, so far impressed. Will post review later!
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:12 am

I'm here and it's beautiful. Main lobby restaurant is fully operational, the club sandwich and 'Plin' ravioli are both excellent. Room is great, service stellar, so far impressed. Will post review later!
If you've stayed there before, what's changed in the common areas and the rooms?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador

Pictures Pictures !!!
Old Mar 18, 2022, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
If you've stayed there before, what's changed in the common areas and the rooms?
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Pictures Pictures !!!
20 rooms occupied tonight; upgrade from points booking was only to a deluxe but it's a very nice room and I got the impression that there are few if any suites ready for occupancy yet. More to come but here are a few pics of the room (and the cute hotel-branded slippers and rhinoceros they provided for the baby). There is also a sitting area with table and 2 chairs from which I took the first picture but I haven't yet taken a picture of it. Ciao!

Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:57 pm

20 rooms occupied tonight; upgrade from points booking was only to a deluxe but it's a very nice room and I got the impression that there are few if any suites ready for occupancy yet. More to come but here are a few pics of the room (and the cute hotel-branded slippers and rhinoceros they provided for the baby). There is also a sitting area with table and 2 chairs from which I took the first picture but I haven't yet taken a picture of it. Ciao!

The renovation is much worse than what PH Paris did. It seems they did not bother to find a designer. The bathtub looks odd..
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:14 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by just2010just
The renovation is much worse than what PH Paris did. It seems they did not bother to find a designer. The bathtub looks odd..
It's plain ugly. While I appreciate they tried to make the rooms brighter, I just looked back at my review photos and much prefer that aesthetic.

This appears to have no character or local culture. What does the painting signify and the shape of the mirror?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:11 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It’s hard to see from photos, but that just looks terrible.
lautaro likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
It looks like they barely touched the bathrooms aside from ripping out the embedded tub to plunk a freestanding one in there, thereby disrupting the clean, elegant lines of all that beautiful stonework... and the bedroom, egads. The previous rooms with the yellow panels, minimalist furniture and creams and whites was timeless; this outcome just looks generic and downscale between the crap mirror and swirly artwork. Maybe those are just bad photos of the room, but I'm SERIOUSLY unimpressed from what I see so far.

I hope they didn't kill this hotel - would be a shame if they took away its beautiful spirit.

khabah
EuropeanPete likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.