Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Ill pm you with a few options from our last stay. The concierge was great with new restaurant recs if you want something specific.

Originally Posted by jkjetsetters
Any recent Globalist stays here? We're staying 3 nights P+C & TSU in a couple weeks, looking forward to it! Also, any nearby restaurant/bar recommendations in the area? Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by footastic
Ill pm you with a few options from our last stay. The concierge was great with new restaurant recs if you want something specific.
Thank you, I would really appreciate that!
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:14 am
Suspended

Is a 2 night stay here worth 60k points? I find myself wanting to indulge in some luxury but 60k points is a tough pill to swallow.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SingaporeJunkie
Is a 2 night stay here worth 60k points? I find myself wanting to indulge in some luxury but 60k points is a tough pill to swallow.
Definitely. One of the better PHs in the system.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Aventine
Definitely. One of the better PHs in the system.
I'm torn as IHG has a new Hotel Indigo opening in May at only 30k points per night. And I personally value 30k Hyatt >> 60k IHG points.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
I'm torn as IHG has a new Hotel Indigo opening in May at only 30k points per night. And I personally value 30k Hyatt >> 60k IHG points.

Like they say " you get what you pay for" The MPH is a wonderful hotel and in many ways (my opinion) better than it's sister the PHV. If you stay don't forget Dante's Restaurant
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Is a 2 night stay here worth 60k points?
Room rates are consistently over 600 euro/night.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, American Platinum, Southwest A-list
Recommendations for a Private Tour Company in Milan

I am thinking of spending 3 or 4 days in Milan this summer (in July) and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for private tour operators in the area. Specifically, I'm looking for a day trip to Lake Como, a day trip to Tuscany/Florence, and perhaps a day trip to Turin. I know I can go to google and find dozens of private tour operators in Milan, but I was hoping to get a recommendation based on someone's personal experience. (When I went to Rome in 2014, the recommendations of fellow Flyer Talkers in the Hilton Waldorf Rome Cavalieri thread were most helpful in planning day trips/excursions with a private tour company.) I highly value the experience of travelers in this forum, and would welcome your suggestions for particular private tour operators in Milan. As for the trip overall, I think we'd spend 3-4 days at the Park Hyatt Milan, then travel to Rome for another 4 days or so at the Waldorf Rome Cavalieri. Thanks in advance for all your help! :-)
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Hotel Points Guy
I am thinking of spending 3 or 4 days in Milan this summer (in July) and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for private tour operators in the area. Specifically, I'm looking for a day trip to Lake Como, a day trip to Tuscany/Florence, and perhaps a day trip to Turin. I know I can go to google and find dozens of private tour operators in Milan, but I was hoping to get a recommendation based on someone's personal experience. (When I went to Rome in 2014, the recommendations of fellow Flyer Talkers in the Hilton Waldorf Rome Cavalieri thread were most helpful in planning day trips/excursions with a private tour company.) I highly value the experience of travelers in this forum, and would welcome your suggestions for particular private tour operators in Milan. As for the trip overall, I think we'd spend 3-4 days at the Park Hyatt Milan, then travel to Rome for another 4 days or so at the Waldorf Rome Cavalieri. Thanks in advance for all your help! :-)

Suggestion Florence is a tough day trip unless your doing private jet. Como is one of those places I would highly suggest you rent a car and drive up and or hire a car/driver I would also encourage you to spend the night. The Hotel Metropolitan in Bellagio is fantastic only hotel right on the lake,

The front desk at the PHM is fantastic and have been superb everytime we are there including last minute Last Supper tickets and help with Lake Como. I would email them. Florence is a hard day trip really hard.

good luck Oh try Cafe Dante fantastic real local
luvFclass likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Suggestion Florence is a tough day trip unless your doing private jet. Como is one of those places I would highly suggest you rent a car and drive up and or hire a car/driver I would also encourage you to spend the night. The Hotel Metropolitan in Bellagio is fantastic only hotel right on the lake,

The front desk at the PHM is fantastic and have been superb everytime we are there including last minute Last Supper tickets and help with Lake Como. I would email them. Florence is a hard day trip really hard.

good luck Oh try Cafe Dante fantastic real local
Agreed. Tuscany is best enjoyed while staying in Florence. I'll be doing it in September.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Varenna is on Lake Como and is only about an hour (maybe less) by train. Great restaurants in that town, Milanese will go up just for lunch. You can take the ferry to Bellagio (and other towns) no need for a car. Very easy day trip.

Forget Florence. Not sure how far Turin is by train.
Bergamo is under an hour and a good day trip. But Milan is underrated, easily worth a few days.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Is Milan underrated? Just Last Super and shopping. And I'm not a shopper.

That being said, I haven't seen the Last Supper yet so will be doing so in the fall.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:51 am

That being said, I haven't seen the Last Supper yet so will be doing so in the fall.

Last Supper is one of those things you have to see.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:30 am

You have to take a stroll. Sit in one of the beautiful cafés, have a real espresso ( sans 'N', as in Nestlé ! ), explore the city. Really one of my favorites. The culture. People. Really really great. Not too far from Lago di Como...
beachfan likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by scented
You have to take a stroll. Sit in one of the beautiful cafés, have a real espresso ( sans 'N', as in Nestlé ! ), explore the city. Really one of my favorites. The culture. People. Really really great. Not too far from Lago di Como...
Quite true Milan is a favorite city of ours as is most of Italy. Instead or running around trying to see everything at one time slow down and smell the "espresso" and yes NO Nestle` Ugh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.