Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
When did you make your original reservation? Did they confirmed you at that time in Park Executive suite?
I actually made a reservation using a Diamond suite upgrade cert in late January. They at first said I'd be getting the smaller parlor suite, but I gently suggested that they upgrade to the Executive suite. They obliged. I had to cite the evidence used in this thread about it not being an upgrade really and how many diamonds were disappointed.

Good to hear about the change PH!!! ^
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
When did you make your original reservation? Did they confirmed you at that time in Park Executive suite?
I booked my stay around three weeks ago. I used my PL agent to make the booking and she confirmed that I am in a suite but I was not able to see the room type online. I went in expecting a Park Parlor suite (similar to the one we had for our stay in Dec) but was pleased to be informed at check-in that we were in a Park Executive Suite.

The stay was outstanding in every respect. ^
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:52 pm
Used to be hamajicky

What type and how many Nespresso pods do they put in the suites? Also, is there a Nespresso milk frother?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by hamajicky
What type and how many Nespresso pods do they put in the suites? Also, is there a Nespresso milk frother?
Usually it's the Essenza with two ristrettos and two decaffeineto intensos and no they don't have the milk frothers.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Usually it's the Essenza with two ristrettos and two decaffeineto intensos and no they don't have the milk frothers.
Haha, what?? Way too many crazy coffee words.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:32 am
Used to be hamajicky

Originally Posted by spgplat21
thanks--are they good about restocking it if we ask? i am a nespresso addict.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:46 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hamajicky
thanks--are they good about restocking it if we ask? i am a nespresso addict.
I suggest you ask for extras when you check in and I bet they will bring up a bunch of them.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 3:04 pm

What benefits can I expect here as a Platinum? Is there any chance of getting upgraded into a Park Executive Suite? We have our baby with us (in her little travel crib) and would love to be able to put her to sleep in the bedroom while we stay up in the adjoining living room.

I take it the "junior suites" don't have a door or other separator between the sleeping and other areas of the room?

I just got back from the Park Hyatt in Paris and got a full breakfast every day as a Plat -- I take it that was a fluke and not something I could/should expect here?

(I am trying to get signed up for a Diamond Trial membership, which they said I had done earlier, but now that promo seems to be over, but if I can get it all straightened away by the time I go there maybe I won't have to worry so much...)
Old Jun 5, 2012, 3:18 pm

Also has anyone used the sedan service? How is it? (Can they pick me up at the train station?) If upgrade odds are slim I may just upgrade with points...
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by crimson12
Also has anyone used the sedan service? How is it? (Can they pick me up at the train station?) If upgrade odds are slim I may just upgrade with points...
I used the sedan service once. I think it was a 7 series BMW and it was very easy and convenient, but they don't go to the train station. I think it operates only in the morning and the afternoon/early evening because I took it to my office a few mornings, but it wasn't available for dinner. Not sure if that was every night or just that one night, but I think it was every night.

I've been upgraded each time to the deluxe rooms and they are very nice and pretty spacious so unless you need a bunch of space I wouldn't waste points on a guaranteed upgrade here.

Edit: Oops, just noticed you are platinum and not diamond. The junior suite type rooms that peteropny mentions don't have a door, but there was definitely some separation in the last one I was in, where it's not just one giant room.

Last edited by spgplat21; Jun 5, 2012 at 9:30 pm
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:55 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by crimson12
What benefits can I expect here as a Platinum? Is there any chance of getting upgraded into a Park Executive Suite? We have our baby with us (in her little travel crib) and would love to be able to put her to sleep in the bedroom while we stay up in the adjoining living room.

I take it the "junior suites" don't have a door or other separator between the sleeping and other areas of the room?

I just got back from the Park Hyatt in Paris and got a full breakfast every day as a Plat -- I take it that was a fluke and not something I could/should expect here?
As a Platinum, I would say that your chances of getting upgraded into a Park Executive Suite is approximately 0 - even with upgrading with points (where you have to pay the Hyatt Daily Rate - not some discounted rate AAA, Corporate, Senior etc). Diamonds routinely get upgraded into Premier Park Deluxe (junior suite) and Plat should have reasonably good chance of getting these also since they have only a few "regular" (Park Deluxe) rooms. Even Diamonds using a confirmed suite upgrade shouldn't expect to get a Park Executive Suite - I think they confirm into either the Park Parlor Suite or Park Suite.

Don't expect the full breakfast here either, Park Vendome was the first (and only property so far) that has reports of giving breakfast to Platinums - not sure if that is something that property is doing independently or if its a trial directed by corporate.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by peteropny
Even Diamonds using a confirmed suite upgrade shouldn't expect to get a Park Executive Suite - I think they confirm into either the Park Parlor Suite or Park Suite.
I stay here pretty often and based on what I was told after I voiced my displeasure with a suite upgrade to a Park Parlor Suite a little while ago, the hotel has decided to book Diamond confirmed suite upgrades into Park Executive Suites again. (Just like it used to be before Park Suites became Park Executive Suites and they created a slew of other new suite categories). I don't know whether this applies to Plats as well.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by sensei
I stay here pretty often and based on what I was told after I voiced my displeasure with a suite upgrade to a Park Parlor Suite a little while ago, the hotel has decided to book Diamond confirmed suite upgrades into Park Executive Suites again. (Just like it used to be before Park Suites became Park Executive Suites and they created a slew of other new suite categories). I don't know whether this applies to Plats as well.
When I stayed there few weeks ago and used my suite upgrade certificate, I was told that I was booked into parlor suite. however, upon arrival I was assigned a Park Executive suite. Do not know if booking via FHR had anything to do with that.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
I'm heading to DC for work this weekend and just received confirmation that I'm in an ambassador suite at the Park Hyatt. Having never stayed at a Hyatt before (we usually use SPG) does anybody know what the room is like?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by MadProfessor
I'm heading to DC for work this weekend and just received confirmation that I'm in an ambassador suite at the Park Hyatt. Having never stayed at a Hyatt before (we usually use SPG) does anybody know what the room is like?
http://parkwashington.hyatt.com/hyat...cale=&start=12

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.