Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2022, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hp12c
Also, how was the staffing level? Are the front desk associates still doing everything, including valet parking, delivering things to rooms, etc.?
I didn't park or have anything delivered to the room, but there were at least 2-3 doorman/valet type workers outside the front door.
hp12c likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: Hyatt, Delta, Bonvoy, Hilton, BA, United
Had a stay here this past weekend using a cert. Was upgraded at check-in to a junior suite.

As a glob, was told that I was eligible for a $60 credit per-person for breakfast. Total of $120, as Mrs. Falcon9xr was with me.

Valet parking was waived as it was a points stay.

Pool was closed, and getting to the gym was a little odd as you have to go through what looks like an emergency stairwell.

Otherwise the stay was great. Some interesting pieces of art on the 2nd floor (as well as a recommendation to visit the Phillips collection (which I wholeheartedly recommend)) if you're into that sort of thing.
CMK10 and pWei like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 4:49 pm

I'm not the most demanding person when it comes to hotel service. So, the main thing I find myself paying a premium for at somewhere like a PH is the ability to (1) stay in a comfortable environment and (2) hotel staff with good judgment who are empowered to look out for me.

I booked three nights total using a somewhat unconventional combo - two through Amex FHR to use my $200 annual credit, and then burned one of my free night through WOH for the final night. I explained the situation to the lady at check-in, and she gave me the same room (a junior suite) all three nights without any further questions. A nice surprise, especially since I'm not a Globalist nor was my free night booked for a suite. Attention to detail also is also still high - I got several emails asking for requests before check-in, housekeeping had replaced a buzzing lightbulb in the bathroom that I never reported because I barely noticed it, and they'd remembered my request from a previous stay for an extra fan in the room.

Finally, the junior suites are still a super solid hard product (especially with the bathroom's big soaking tub and slate shower), and the rooms are dead quiet at night which is always appreciated.

Overall, nothing mindblowing by international luxury hotel standards, but the continued low-key smoothness of the PH's operation leaves me a fan of theirs.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:24 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by redct
I'm not the most demanding person when it comes to hotel service. So, the main thing I find myself paying a premium for at somewhere like a PH is the ability to (1) stay in a comfortable environment and (2) hotel staff with good judgment who are empowered to look out for me.
Overall, nothing mindblowing by international luxury hotel standards, but the continued low-key smoothness of the PH's operation leaves me a fan of theirs.
Nice review but what really hit home for me after some recent stays in & out of Hyatt hotels were your references to 1 & 2 with regard to any property really.Incredibly well said 👍
JoeWoodstock likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:11 am

Does anyone know if the hotel has plans to re-open the pool at all?
I don't understand why they keep the pool closed.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by agjil
Cost savings.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:15 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by agjil
I was told they’re waiting for a part to fix the pool. I think that’s highly unlikely and agree that they’ll just keep it closed indefinitely for cost savings. Pretty annoying as I have a three-night stay with my kids later this week, and they’d have loved to swim.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by hp12c
I think that’s highly unlikely and agree that they’ll just keep it closed indefinitely for cost savings.
It was definitely open this April way after "closed for covid" times. So I'm optimistic it'll reopen ... hopefully soon.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
It had reopened last fall when I stayed there.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:51 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by rhg247
It was definitely open this April way after "closed for covid" times. So I'm optimistic it'll reopen ... hopefully soon.
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
It had reopened last fall when I stayed there.
Oh yes, I remember reading that. Thanks for the reminder. Guess I’m too cynical!
rhg247 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
Originally Posted by JJ804
I didn't park or have anything delivered to the room, but there were at least 2-3 doorman/valet type workers outside the front door.
The door staff especially JP who recently returned are amazing, always welcoming and remember their guests. The entire place runs perfectly. I had a quick one night trip to DC with an expiring Ritz certificate so I stayed at the St. Regis and regretted the free stay. The Park and the St. Regis are not even in the same stratosphere. The Park never disappoints whereas everything was a disappointment at the St. Regis.
hp12c likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:54 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by bas5838
The door staff especially JP who recently returned are amazing, always welcoming and remember their guests. The entire place runs perfectly. I had a quick one night trip to DC with an expiring Ritz certificate so I stayed at the St. Regis and regretted the free stay. The Park and the St. Regis are not even in the same stratosphere. The Park never disappoints whereas everything was a disappointment at the St. Regis.
Is JP the bellman? Checked in this afternoon and the bellman was terrific - friendly, engaging, prompt, and very helpful.

The place is COMPLETELY different since my last stay in March/April 2021. It was a ghost town then. It’s really lively now - maybe even sold out according to the app? - seemingly fully staffed, and Blue Duck Tavern is fully booked. My family of four got in anyhow, and dinner was expensive but wonderful. As my wife said upon entering the Georgetown Suite, it always feels good to come back here.

Side note: there are at least four Tesla level 2 chargers and at least one universal car charger.
rhg247 likes this.

Last edited by hp12c; Jun 22, 2022 at 8:14 pm
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:15 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by redct
This is a great bottom line assessment of the property. We checked out yesterday from what was supposed to be a three-night stay that turned into four nights. I had booked three nights with points and tried to apply a TSU - the standard suite was available. For whatever reason, nobody at the property/concierge line could figure out how to get the TSU to clear, so I was told that they would block me into an Ambassador Suite instead. I reconfirmed this like three times before our stay as I was REALLY pumped about the suite. Upon check-in, there was no Ambassador Suite available, but we got a Georgetown Suite, which I've always found to be very comfortable. I'd generally be upset that a hotel didn't do what they said they would, but it was tough to be even remotely disappointed that the Ambassador Suite didn't pull through since even the Georgetown Suite is above and beyond what they're meant to provide on a suite upgrade.

The bellman (who turned out not to be JP but was also terrific) delivered my family's bags up to the room within a minute of our arrival. There was also a bottle of red wine, an apple pie, and a note from the FOH manager on the dining table in the room. A rollaway bed had already been set up as I requested prior to our arrival. What they missed, though, was an extra set of bedding to make up the sofa as a bed for my son. No problem, though - a quick call down to the front desk, and we had a bedding set in a couple of minutes.

Later the first night we decided to add on one more night to the stay as long as we wouldn't have to move rooms. I checked with the front desk who spent a couple minutes confirming that we wouldn't have to move rooms, I booked another night with points, and then he got the two reservations linked, and I was on my way. Super seamless.

As I mentioned previously, we had dinner at Blue Duck Tavern and it was really hopping. An excellent meal. And I hadn't ever realized it, but the cocktails there are really exceptional.

Another night my daughter and I went down to the bar for a drink for myself and a scoop of chocolate ice cream for her - that was also wonderful, and the atmosphere was relaxed and elevated.

Breakfast at BDT was very good - though one morning the service was a bit slow/hectic because there was a company meeting that seemingly all decided to eat breakfast at the hotel - and enough variety to keep it moderately interesting over the course of a few days. Any more than our four days, and I'd probably have gotten a bit bored.

Every time I requested our car from valet it was there within 5 minutes and fully charged up.

Housekeeping was on point - never knocking while we were in the room, and always having finished straightening up before we came back.

As has been mentioned in the thread, the gym is unimpressive but gets the job done. Pool was closed. Spa was closed.

Upon checking out, the FD associate proactively removed all the breakfast and parking charges and was very friendly in welcoming us back whenever we'd like to return. We were all sad to leave, which doesn't normally happen when I've been in a hotel room with the entire family for four nights, but we're now looking forward to our next stay there!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does the hotel still offer bikes to borrow and free car service around the immediate area?
What about the glass-enclosed booths that were intended for phone calls or private work in the lounge? Are those still there?

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Jun 27, 2022 at 2:45 pm
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:29 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does the hotel still offer bikes to borrow and free car service around the immediate area?
Not that I saw or read anywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.