Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:37 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I have an upcoming suite upgrade stay at this property and when I check my reservation it is still showing up as a standard room. When I call Diamond line they are telling me that everything is all set. Last time I stayed on Diamond suite upgrade in Argentina, my suite upgrade was showing up under my reservation online. Do you remember if you could see your suite upgrade online?
Not speaking of this property in particular - but suites upgrade using the Diamond Suite Upgrade are rarely viewable online.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by peteropny
Not speaking of this property in particular - but suites upgrade using the Diamond Suite Upgrade are rarely viewable online.
That is odd, most of the time mine show it as a suite online.

But then again at times it shows it as a regular room.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
So then I should be fine, I hope.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:33 pm

So then I should be fine, I hope.
Your updated confirmation should say
"Additional Information: Diamond Suite Upgrade Confirmed"

You will find that in your email confirmation. Make sure you get one after the suite upgrade has been applied. Sometimes a suite upgrade will show in my reservations as a second room ("suite connector"), but not always.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by bmw303
Your updated confirmation should say
"Additional Information: Diamond Suite Upgrade Confirmed"

You will find that in your email confirmation. Make sure you get one after the suite upgrade has been applied. Sometimes a suite upgrade will show in my reservations as a second room ("suite connector"), but not always.
Have not received any email confirmation with such wording. Did talk twice to Diamond desk and was assured that I have a suite reserved.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:30 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Have not received any email confirmation with such wording. Did talk twice to Diamond desk and was assured that I have a suite reserved.

Hi TAHKUCT!

Could you PM your reservation details to us to ensure your Diamond Suite upgrade has been confirmed? Thank you.

Sincerely,

Nick B.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hi TAHKUCT!

Could you PM your reservation details to us to ensure your Diamond Suite upgrade has been confirmed? Thank you.

Sincerely,

Nick B.
PM sent.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hi TAHKUCT!

Sincerely,

Nick B.
Got your PM response with my confirmation regarding suite upgrade.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 9:29 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I think there is more than 1 way that agents book the Confirmed Suite Upgrade - and depending on how it was done, whether you can "see" it or not. FWIW, my Private Line Agent applies these upgrades for me and I'm rarely able to see the confirmation online.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
I just completed another stay at this property and can confirm that Diamond suite upgrades now book into the Park Parlor Suite category. My "suite" was about the size of a Premier Deluxe room, but appeared to have an additional half bath and a slightly larger desk. After I expressed my displeasure with the room, I was moved to an executive suite, but I have no expectation that this would be done again and hence would not consider using a suite upgrade here in the future. (In my case, I had booked a Premier Deluxe room in the first place and a confirmed 7 square feet upgrade hardly appears appealing).

Overall, a disappointment from a typically outstanding hotel.

Originally Posted by schriste
I called the hotel and the newly classified Park Parlor Suite and Park Suite appear to be smaller suites than either of the ones I previously stayed in. Sq Ft sizes quoted were in the 700 range. Speculation: They might be former Premier Park rooms that were perhaps larger or in better positions than an average Premier Park room. Not sure how many of these new suites exist, but from what I can intuit… the “old” suites are now the “Park Executive Suites”.

The daily rate for the Park Executive Suite this coming weekend is $749 which is about what it has been the past couple of years. Base room is $249… the other suite types are $80 and $150 over the base.

The punch question: What do you get with a diamond suite upgrade?

You guessed it… a Park Parlor Suite

I also confirmed this with central reservations while trying to book a suite upgrade for this weekend. Diamond suite upgrade only books into a 625 sq. ft. Park Parlor Suite "with sliding door". Premier Deluxe King is 618 sq. ft. I'm again guessing, but they probably took some of the corner Premier Deluxe King rooms which perhaps are slightly larger (or have longer entry area) and stuck in a sliding door (never stayed in one, so not sure if regular Premier Deluxe King rooms have door between living and bedroom area).
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Update: I just heard back from the hotel and henceforward Diamond suite upgrades will book into Park Executive Suites (which used to be called Park Suites before the rebranding). ^
Old Mar 18, 2012, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by sensei
Update: I just heard back from the hotel and henceforward Diamond suite upgrades will book into Park Executive Suites (which used to be called Park Suites before the rebranding). ^
Great news!
If I have an upcoming reservation, should I contact the hotel?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by sensei

that's good. ^ Park Hyatt DC.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
I can confirm this having just returned from a stay in one of the Park Executive suites (confirmed using a diamond suite upgrade). The hotel graciously added a rollaway (at no charge) on request.

Outstanding stay in every respect - the PH Washington really knows how to deliver. ^
Old Mar 18, 2012, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by kingsubbu
I can confirm this having just returned from a stay in one of the Park Executive suites (confirmed using a diamond suite upgrade). The hotel graciously added a rollaway (at no charge) on request.

Outstanding stay in every respect - the PH Washington really knows how to deliver. ^
When did you make your original reservation? Did they confirmed you at that time in Park Executive suite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.