Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

BREAKF and FAMILY can be combined

Old Jun 5, 06, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere

The AAA breakfast special (breakf) and the special for 5k bonus points (family) can be combined ^^

I just changed a reservation to add a day and reflect both codes. The system accepted them. I did have to call.

Not a bad deal at all, since the AAA rate was even better than the hyatt.com rate. We don't usually need the breakfast because of the RC access, but it's nice to have just in case we want to have a hot breakfast one morning.

note: to use the FAMILY code you have to have a minimum 3 night stay at a resort.
Old Jun 5, 06, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
The AAA breakfast special (breakf) and the special for 5k bonus points (family) can be combined ^^
Thanks Mary. I was wondering the same thing. Can you also get the G1-G3 bonus if you're using the family bonus?
Old Jun 13, 06, 12:19 pm
In Memoriam

Combining Codes

I hope this is still on topic. I have a stay booked at a SUMMER rate ($99/night including full breakfast), and I want to also use a Plat certificate for a Regency Club upgrade. I assume I have to call to request the upgrade. Will that cause any problem with the code already in my reservation? Also, to digress slightly since I'm a new Hyatt Plat, if the lounge is closed on the weekend, is there any real point in getting the upgrade? My cert will expire soon, and I may not have another stay before it does.
Old Jun 13, 06, 2:57 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by TravelWeary
I hope this is still on topic. I have a stay booked at a SUMMER rate ($99/night including full breakfast), and I want to also use a Plat certificate for a Regency Club upgrade. I assume I have to call to request the upgrade. Will that cause any problem with the code already in my reservation? Also, to digress slightly since I'm a new Hyatt Plat, if the lounge is closed on the weekend, is there any real point in getting the upgrade? My cert will expire soon, and I may not have another stay before it does.
You probably can't apply the Plat cert prior to the stay since it's usually for "full rate" stays; however, it doesn't hurt to ask at check-in. Not sure which hotel you're referring to but RC rooms might be somewhat nicer with nicer amenities but not usually a big deal if the lounge isn't open.
Old Jun 22, 06, 8:50 pm
In Memoriam

Update

I called the hotel and requested an upgrade using the Plat cert. I did get the upgrade when I checked in. The hotel (JAX) wasn't very busy, but the lounge was open all weekend. So, for my $99 SUMMER rate we got a full breakfast each morning and free beer, wine, and food every evening. Not a bad deal at all.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: