Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2006, 8:22 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Sorry for the slightly OT post. Is the 32nd floor a club floor? I know the club is on the 31st floor but when I was just there this weekend I noticed a laminated card on the desk on the second night saying welcome regency club guest and I was on 32. Nobody said anything to me at check in.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 5:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Beerman92
Sorry for the slightly OT post. Is the 32nd floor a club floor? I know the club is on the 31st floor but when I was just there this weekend I noticed a laminated card on the desk on the second night saying welcome regency club guest and I was on 32. Nobody said anything to me at check in.

First of all, Beerman92, I want to assure you that I DO feel bad about missing drinks on 6/23!

31 is the only official Regency Club floor. Diamonds (and sometimes Platinums) get access to the club, and to floor 31, and are generally assigned floors 31 and above. I haven't seen the card you mentioned.....but the hotel is completely rethinking how RC access is assigned and managed. They may be designating more non-31 floors as RC.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by shinbal
First of all, Beerman92, I want to assure you that I DO feel bad about missing drinks on 6/23!

31 is the only official Regency Club floor. Diamonds (and sometimes Platinums) get access to the club, and to floor 31, and are generally assigned floors 31 and above. I haven't seen the card you mentioned.....but the hotel is completely rethinking how RC access is assigned and managed. They may be designating more non-31 floors as RC.
Thanks for the info shinbal! Next time I will call the front desk and ask them about the card if it is in my room.

And don't worry there will be a next time (there always is) for drinks
Old Jul 5, 2006, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Smile Stay report on GHNYC

Just checked into the GHNYC last night for the first time in a few months.

My initial observations:
1) Check in staff, while friendly, were excrutiatingly slow. My desk clerk excused himself and then disappeared for almost 10 minutes before returning without explanation or apology !
2) RC front desk was excellent - James Forrester gave me a warm welcome, and couldn't do enough to help. Full marks to James - let's hire more like him !!
3) Gym wasn't great. The controls on two of the exercise bikes were broken, such that you could adjust levels upwards but not downwards, and there was no laundry bin for the towels, resulting in people just leaving them on the exercise machines.

I had an upgrade coupon (as a mere Platinum GP member) so they've given me a rather small RC room for the first three nights, and have told me I have to move out after Friday to a regular room.

I'm staying there until Friday of next week, and will update later.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 3:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Grand Hyatt New York , Grand Club

hi,
we are going to the big city, Nov. 23 to Nov. 29, ( thanks giving week) and have a reservation for the Grand hyatt with regency club. As a backup we hold the Millenium Hilton.....

Does anyone know if the Grand club will be packed and jammed with kids and endless lines of people... killing the breakfest , etc....

we stayed at the Millenium last year and we were very happy with it. location is NOT important to us.... but our res for the millenium is 280 $ / night and at the hyatt ( with certificates) is 160 $ / night ...........

So ? will the club be to busy?
Old Jul 13, 2006, 3:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

If you're there first thing - No.

If you are there between 8 and 9 especially, it will be crowded.

However, there aren't "endless lines of people". It's just tough to find seats together. The behavior of kids in the club depends on what type of parents are there. But honestly, I've not had that experience - even on weekends - of anything that was unpleasant.

As far as the food, I've stayed many, many times at this hotel and they've always done a great job keeping the selection - morning and evening - refreshed and pleasant-looking. You may have to ask them to re-fill something. Once, at 9:45, I noticed the berries were out. Instead of telling me, "sorry, it's almost over", they re-filled 5 minutes later.

I think you'll enjoy the experience in the club.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
James, the GC Concierge, is a really great guy who couldn't do enough to help you. GHNYC should hire more like him
Old Jul 14, 2006, 9:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Is a great lounge. Unfortunely, it will be crowded over holiday weekends. But no where as bad as the Westin TS- that was a mad house.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 6:37 pm

How did you get an RC room reservation using certs? Aren't certs only good for standard base level (i.e, parking lot/trashcan view) rooms?
Old Jul 18, 2006, 12:48 am

Well,,,,,,,,
though i am just platinum.... just asked..... i was offered to use these vouchers.... hopefully we will not get a "trash" room, cause the upgrade wasnt really confirmed yet... just a " I will reserve a room on the club floor.."
so hopefully............
Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:17 am

It sounds like the RC may be worthwhile. I have two RC upgrade certs with few Hyatt stays coming up. Is it worth it to burn one on this property? TIA.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
we stayed at the Millenium last year and we were very happy with it. location is NOT important to us.... but our res for the millenium is 280 $ / night
Bah, I'm staying at the Millenium in early November and the cheapest I could get was $430 for a Saturday.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
The club was closed on the weekends when I was there. You might want to double check that it will be opened on the weekend when you are there. Also do a search here on FT, there are MANY people who give this property a so-so rating.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by Fraser
Bah, I'm staying at the Millenium in early November and the cheapest I could get was $430 for a Saturday.
I know. Last we stayed over thanksgiving at the millenium, we had a rate of 189$ !!!!!, we canceld our reservation for this year last week, now as is said we are going to stay at the grand hyatt.
but we really really like the Millenium Hilton!

but its to much money fo a night....
Old Sep 20, 2006, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by smilee
The club was closed on the weekends when I was there. You might want to double check that it will be opened on the weekend when you are there. Also do a search here on FT, there are MANY people who give this property a so-so rating.
I've stayed at this hotel about 5 times on the weekends in the past 2-3 months and the club was open for all my stays. Keep in mind that the club isn't open all day long, they close it for a couple of hours in the middle of the day (and overnight).

I give this property a ^ but that is just my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.