Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Yes, it was paid.
Old May 17, 2018, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by damaxer91
Was in NYC last week at the Grand Hyatt and booked a Premier Suite so I'd have somewhere roomy to watch the Super Bowl with a couple of friends. We were 5 people total but I was the only one who slept over. We were by no means loud nor did we make much of a mess. There wasn't even any alcohol present. Sure enough on Tuesday, I saw a charge for $250 on my Credit Card. I called Hyatt accounting and was told that the hotel charged us a $250 surcharge for "Excessive mess during Super Bowl Party". I have stayed in many hotels around the world of all shapes and form and have left some small messes before but this was certainly nothing above the norm. We disposed of all food in 2 garbage bags and even put the soda bottles in a separate bag so they could be recycled. I don't imagine that it took housekeeping more than 10 minutes to clean it all up. Has anyone else experienced such a surcharge?

Before I dispute the charge, I asked accounting to inquire with the hotel exactly why they charged us this surcharge and whether they could remove it. More than anything else, I am worried that something like this would stay in my Hyatt profile and affect me getting upgrades etc going forward. Should I be worried?
How many people would you say the premier suite would accommodate? Thinking of buying up to this category.
Would anyone have an email I can contact the property with?
Old May 17, 2018, 7:39 pm

Regarding the Grand Club, often criticized here, very happy with the offerings yesterday and today. Last nights dinner spread featured duck breast and a shrimp thing. Tonights included sliced filet mignon, tuna maki rolls and several other hot hors doeuvres. Breakfast featuring refrigerated parfaits, bacon, scrambled, smoked salmon and and. This is one of the best clubs in the system from a product standpoint. And in a high priced corner of the globe to boot. Sufficient number of empty seats too. Ive had maybe 50 stays here over the past 10 years as a Globalist/Diamond and club has never been short on seats. Close but not short. Highly recommend.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
Checked out today. Destination fee was waived as a Globalist but I was told I could use the amenities included. I charged the $15 per day to the room from the 24-hour store in the lobby and those charges were removed.
So this appeared to be a Glob perk from what I read here. Or is it YMMV? Any Glob tried this and had it refused?
Old May 19, 2018, 6:13 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Regarding the Grand Club, often criticized here, very happy with the offerings yesterday and today. Last nights dinner spread featured duck breast and a shrimp thing. Tonights included sliced filet mignon, tuna maki rolls and several other hot hors doeuvres. Breakfast featuring refrigerated parfaits, bacon, scrambled, smoked salmon and and. This is one of the best clubs in the system from a product standpoint. And in a high priced corner of the globe to boot. Sufficient number of empty seats too. Ive had maybe 50 stays here over the past 10 years as a Globalist/Diamond and club has never been short on seats. Close but not short. Highly recommend.
Complete opposite experience from what I had. Past the first day I ever visited the club, I never felt the need to even bother on my next 7 nights / days.
Old May 19, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by helvetic
Complete opposite experience from what I had. Past the first day I ever visited the club, I never felt the need to even bother on my next 7 nights / days.
What was so bad?
Old May 20, 2018, 9:45 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
What was so bad?
Mediocre food, absurd overcrowding, noise, paid drinks, and a bird infestation on the deck. Mostly, it was an absolute zoo.

(Oh, also a toilet that had clearly been a warzone, and non-functional computers and prints)
Old May 28, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Spa membership

The spa advertises 2 tiers of spa membership. Anyone have the details on pricing and amenities?
Old May 30, 2018, 10:53 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Now charging $3 to collect and return your laundry - 'Valet Charge'
Old May 31, 2018, 1:23 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Markie
Similar to the airlines - you will soon have to pay for your bags, if you want to store then in your room
Old May 31, 2018, 1:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Markie
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Similar to the airlines - you will soon have to pay for your bags, if you want to store then in your room
Toilet paper: 25 cents per square.
Bed: $10 per night.
Sheets on bed: $2 per.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:44 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
Toilet paper: 25 cents per square.
Bed: $10 per night.
Sheets on bed: $2 per.
Light bulbs: 10 cents per hour per bulb
Key card usage fee: 65 cents per entry into room
Peephole usage: $1.50. Half price if nobody is actually outside your door.
Curtain closing or opening fee: $1.00
Coat hangers: 30 cents each
Suitcase stand rental: 17 cents per pound of suitcase weight
Toilet flush fee: 75 cents
Hand soap: 22 cents per squirt
Remote control usage fee: 4 cents per click
Electrical power outlets: 14 cents per Kilowatt-Hour

Invoices will be delivered via Hyatt website, which means they will never arrive. But you're still liable for a late fee of 2.5 percent of the unpaid balance, even if the Hyatt website is down.
solewalker likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Regarding the Grand Club, often criticized here, very happy with the offerings yesterday and today. Last night’s dinner spread featured duck breast and a shrimp thing. Tonight’s included sliced filet mignon, tuna maki rolls and several other hot hors d’oeuvres. Breakfast featuring refrigerated parfaits, bacon, scrambled, smoked salmon and and. This is one of the best clubs in the system from a product standpoint. And in a high priced corner of the globe to boot. Sufficient number of empty seats too. I’ve had maybe 50 stays here over the past 10 years as a Globalist/Diamond and club has never been short on seats. Close but not short. Highly recommend.
+1 here - also, they have designated certain Wednesday nights as special nights - they had a free rose (my keyboard doesn't make accented 'e') tasting last Wed.and were happy to pour full glasses. The young director of outlets for food and beverage was there, and he mentioned they will be having special drink and food items - they even had a single malt scotch tasting earlier this year!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 7:04 pm

I attended the single malt scotch tasting on 5/16. Received complimentary invite for two due to Globalist status. Generous pours. Product knowledgeable folks and that hospitality manager mentioned upthread. I thought it was a classy gesture. Made favorable Hyatt impression on my friend too.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:37 pm

On our last 2 stays, they added a matron at the Grand Club entrance checking room numbers, which seemed to really improve the morning experience. We had no trouble finding seats and the hotel was fairly full if not completely full for some of the nights.

Evenings were never really overcrowded in the club, which might be a spillover effect from having the matron in the morning.

Time will tell if this works for the long term or not.

-David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.