Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:29 pm

Is the TSU room really now down to the "corner suite"? It's not even listed in the suite section on their website. It's under deluxe rooms. Is this right and another example of the new Hyatt way of doing things or an agent with wrong info? If it's right, it's a real kick in the teeth.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by Darren
Is the TSU room really now down to the "corner suite"? It's not even listed in the suite section on their website. It's under deluxe rooms. Is this right and another example of the new Hyatt way of doing things or an agent with wrong info? If it's right, it's a real kick in the teeth.
It looks like it. And what a joke it is.

It is the new 'hyatt way' of doing things? -- that's being quite dramatic and painting with an awefully broad brush. My suggestion is not stay there (or don't use a TSU there).
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MarkOK
It is the new 'hyatt way' of doing things? -- that's being quite dramatic and painting with an awefully broad brush.
Well it is a Hyatt corporate owned property.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

It's cheap enough in February but do I want to subject myself to the myriad joys of staying there.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Aventine
It's cheap enough in February but do I want to subject myself to the myriad joys of staying there.
Life's too short.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Aventine
You will have the hotel all to yourself (inc the lounge). As you've experienced, Andaz down the street is no better. Maybe Hyatt TS if you want to pay more.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Well it is a Hyatt corporate owned property.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean much. Ultimately, there are people that manage the property that decide to do games and who make decisions to show 'corporate' that they are making money for them. It isn't like the CEO of Hyatt is making any on the ground decisions there.

The best way to fight this is to not stay there and complain to corporate that you don't stay there because of this reason. I certainly may send a complaint. At the same time, there are lots of properties that have a great level of service in the system.

Similarly, there are some McDonalds that are really bad and some that are really good. Some of those bad ones are corporate, some are franchises. Some of those good ones are corporate, some are franchises. Getting cold fries at a corporate owned McDonalds doesn't make McDonalds a terrible company. Rather, it makes that location (and management) terrible. The overly sweeping generalizations and moanings is just dramatic.

Last edited by MarkOK; Jan 2, 2018 at 5:21 pm
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by MarkOK
Yeah, but that doesn't mean much.
Actually, for those who understand how the business model works, it is highly relevant information.

It's no coincidence that Hyatt owned properties are among the worst offenders in gaming award availability and suite categorization.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, for those who understand how the business model works, it is highly relevant information.

It's no coincidence that Hyatt owned properties are among the worst offenders in gaming award availability and suite categorization.
Right on the money.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist

Are you just talking about GH NYC & PHNY now or what data do you have that supports this? Seems like a rather subjective statement but I have heard complaints about these two Hyatt owned properties previously as well as PH Chicago. How many Hyatt corporate owned hotels are in the system and are they all known for gaming award availability and such?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
If you are talking about gaming, I think Hilton and Marriott does a much better job. But I have encountered some interesting gaming strategy with Hyatt - The Andaz Maui is one big offender.

Is there a thread out there about award gaming for individual properties? It will give us FTers an upper hand if there was one.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Is there a thread out there about award gaming for individual properties? It will give us FTers an upper hand if there was one.
There is. Standard rooms available at hotel -- Hyatt says GP rooms 'not available'
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:28 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Beware- new Destination Fee

Starting February 1 all new reservations at the GH will incur a $25 a day Destination fee which is the equivalent of a resort fee. I contacted the hotel and was told it will be waived for Globalists.
It will include many of the Globalist benefits like Premium WiFi.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mmgm
Starting February 1 all new reservations at the GH will incur a $25 a day Destination fee which is the equivalent of a resort fee. I contacted the hotel and was told it will be waived for Globalists.
It will include many of the Globalist benefits like Premium WiFi.
What a joke. This hotel is hardly a destination.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:53 pm

I am there (here) now. No one mentioned when I checked in for five weeks on January 28th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.