FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hawthorne Suites Award Availability Q (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/554077-hawthorne-suites-award-availability-q.html)

Mountain Trader May 2, 2006 11:21 am

Hawthorne Suites Award Availability Q

I tried to book 2 award nights at a Hawthorne Suites property for next October and they said there was no availability. I asked them to look for several weeks after my preferred dates, and also several weeks the month before. Nothing.

Anyone have a guess as to whether it is more lilely that 1) awards have been released and taken for all these nights, 2) awards are typically released closer to the check-in dates. Or is there ever any significant availability?

hedoman Jan 5, 2008 8:44 pm

Hawthorne

Has anyone cashed in points for award stay? My one attempt was last month for Grand Junction CO and it was denied. I stayed at the next door Hampton (same ownership) and learned that Hawthorne was 35% occupied.

I would like to burn some points at northern CA locations, but most appear to be in worse shape than a bad motel. Have you found a worthwhile Hawthorne Suites in CA?

TrojanHorse Jan 5, 2008 8:58 pm

Interesting topic as I'd be interested to know if anyone is redeeming for these awards or getting shut out.. I want to redeem for these as well just haven't gotten around to it yet

thc Jan 6, 2008 8:37 pm

I've tried twice. Once at Hawthorne Naples, FL and one time in San Diego. Both times I called about 6 weeks ahead and there was nothing available. I never called back. I just stayed at regular Hyatt properties (in the case of Napes, I stayed at Bonita Springs.)

gregorygrady Jan 7, 2008 5:42 pm

I stayed in a Hawthorne in AZ for a few days over Xmas 2 weeks ago. I called Hyatt GP a few days before to make the award reservation, but there were no rooms on Xmas Eve, only the next few days. I booked that and then went to look at the room rates. It was an insanely low $59 per night (normally this Hawthorne runs close to $200 per night), so I was a little dumbfounded why there was no award availability on Xmas Eve. Knowing that if they were offering a $59 paid rate that it must be empty, I called the front desk and confirmed it was empty and I could adjust my reservation to check-in Xmas Eve if I wanted. I called GP back and they called the hotel and got their approval and got it all straightened out. Anyways, when I get there on Xmas Eve to checkin there was a whopping 2 cars in the parking lot (and 2 front desk clerks for some reason). Not many more people showed up that night, although the hotel clerks did offer the normal nightly Manager's Reception from 5:30-7:30PM. What the heck, I grabbed a beer as I've never been known to turn down a free brewski. ^ But it was EXTREMELY dead there. BTW, when I called GP and mentioned the room rate was the lowest I'd ever seen it so how come there weren't any award rooms, they said that it's just like regular Hyatts, there's a certain amount of award rooms that each property is required to offer each night. Once those are gone, then no more award rooms. But again, even if the hotel is completely sold out of paid rooms, there still could be an award room available as that bucket never goes away. I kind of like that aspect of it.............^ I was really tempted to just pay the $59 rate the whole time, but without stay credits, Diamond Amenity, pts, etc, it just wasn't worth it for shell out $59 + tax instead of 3k pts per night.

KWShark Jan 12, 2008 6:01 am

Some Hawthorn Suites are better than others is their award room availability. One of the worse is the HS San Antonio Riverwalk, they block out whole months at a time!