Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New York area

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2006, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

New York area

Will be in NY in Sept. for QM2 cruise. Will use points to stay at GH and upon return from cruise, its only a 4 day, would like to spend a few days in a nice Hyatt fairly close to NY. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob
Old Apr 26, 2006, 12:49 am

Programs: SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Marriott
Originally Posted by bob95409
Will be in NY in Sept. for QM2 cruise. Will use points to stay at GH and upon return from cruise, its only a 4 day, would like to spend a few days in a nice Hyatt fairly close to NY. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob
I really like the Hyatt Regency on the Hudson. Magnificent views, conveniently located (take PATH to the city).

Rene
Old Apr 26, 2006, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I agree with the recommendation above. Though Jersey City service can be a bit haphazard, and I'm NOT a big fan of their breakfast buffet, the staff is all very sweet, and it would certainly be the most convenient for getting into NYC. I would also suggest Greenwich, which I think is a better property, and it's a lovely area, but the hotel is not close enough to the train station to be walkable, and you'd need a car to go pretty much anywhere. I haven't been to WindWatch but it's not a particularly interesting part of Long Island and you'd be stuck with either the LIE or the LIRR. I'll let others post their comments on the other NJ properties.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 3:21 pm

Programs: WN or DL; Hyatt or Wyndham
Third on Hyatt Regency Jersey City. Fantastic property, views, and location.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. I have seen the outside of the Hyatt on the Hudson from the NY side of the river, and it looks very good. Our intention was to get out of the NY city area an we are leaning toward going up to the Newport, RI, Hyatt. Looks Like a great location. Thanks, again.
Bob

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.