Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Does Hyatt apply Gold Passport benefits for airline top-tiers?

Old Apr 19, 06, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Searched the archives and there is a lot of info on the benefits of being Hyatt top-tier, i.e. Hyatt Passport Gold, Platinum or Diamond.

Two examples:
1) For Hyatt hotels that do not have Regency Club and when resort Regency Club rooms are sold out, Diamond members will receive an upgrade to the best available room, excluding suites, plus complimentary continental breakfast each morning of their stay for each guest registered in the room.
2) Hyatt is great with matching Hilton status and very good about matching Starwood status. A fax to Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service with a print out of your other program's account e-statement and the front of the other program's card noting your status is sufficient to get status matched.

Question is does Hyatt apply upgrades, breakfast coupons or other benefits for airline top-tiers, i.e. for Sky-team platinum elite? The question is not as naive as it seems as car rental programs do provide benefits to airline top-tiers. Your thoughts and comments are most appreciated.

Last edited by kurz; Apr 19, 06 at 4:29 pm
Old Apr 19, 06, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I have never heard of them doing it. They're pretty quick to match hotel status though.
Old Apr 19, 06, 3:59 pm

Sadly NO1

But if you think about it, why would they? The purpose of elite status tiers is to reward brand loyalty. What would Hyatt get out of it if they were to provide free Regency Club accommodation and breakfasts to someone who has demonstrated significant loyalty to (say) Northwest Airlines.
Old Apr 19, 06, 4:37 pm

Location: Lahaina,HI USA AA PLT 9 Million Miles+, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz No. 1 Club Gold, Starwood Platinum,OnePass Gold Elite,+++
I think there was a point at which Hyatt gave out Diamond to AA Exec Platinum. And it was for one year. Not positive though.

Also, for a while you could get Diamond through the Amex Centurion (Black) card.

That's gone now too.
Old Apr 19, 06, 6:35 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Often towards the end of a year, Hyatt will give a special promo to airline top-tier members. For example, 3-4 years ago I first got Diamond by doing 4 stays at the end of the year through a special promotion that they targetted to Delta Platinum members.
Old Apr 19, 06, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
For example, 3-4 years ago I first got Diamond by doing 4 stays at the end of the year through a special promotion that they targetted to Delta Platinum members.
Believe it or not, I first got Diamond about 3-4 years ago as well for a 3 month Diamond trial that was targeted to Southwest Airlines Companion Pass Holders (which is people who earn 100 credits per year on SWA..... or 25 RTs a year at that time). I had never stayed at a Hyatt before in my life, but figured I might as well try it since if I made 4 stays within the 3 month trial I would get the Diamond membership extended for an additional year. And it was right during a FFN promotion, which I first learned about here on this FT Hyatt Forum when I got the offer and decided to venture over to this forum to see what Hyatt was about. I learned making those 4 stays would get me 2 free nights AND Hyatt Diamond for an additional year. I'm glad I tried it, the wife and I are now hooked on Hyatt and I haven't looked back since at all the Hiltons I used to stay at. I've averaged about 40-45 stays a year at Hyatts since then.
Old Apr 20, 06, 5:06 am
Suspended

Actually KLM Royal Wing ( which was their top tier for quite some time ) status included upgrades at some hotel chains, most notably Hilton and without any Hilton card, so it was a little different from a challenge for airline elite card holders that some posters referred to.

Would certainly make sense for other chains as well, but Hyatt does not offer it as far as I know.

Especially for guys without any hotel affiliation, such upgrades would definitely work, however it is tough to explain to your other loyal customers.
Old Apr 23, 06, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I got mailed a Hyatt Plat card last year purely as I was a UA 1K.

I phoned them this week and they renewed it for a year as I have a few Hyatt stays coming up.

Not sure if there are any useful bennies with Plat card, but I'll soon find out.

Search this Thread