Wiki Posts
Search

Polar Opposites

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: NWA-Silver; Hyatt-Plat; PriorityClub - Gold; HHonnors-Gold
Polar Opposites

I was in San Jose on business this past weekend and stayed at the Hyatt San Jose. Really not that bad especially for the price booked on Hyatt.com for 79 a night. The work out room needs some work but the bed was comfortable and the staff was great.

However, I stayed at the Grand Hyatt San Fran on Sunday night. It was a great property. It is now in my top 3 Hyatt properties list. The view and the hotel was amazing.

Can anyone think of two properties within an hour or so of each other that are such polor opposites as the Hyatt San Jose and Grand Hyatt San Fran.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Manthis1
I was in San Jose on business this past weekend and stayed at the Hyatt San Jose. Really not that bad especially for the price booked on Hyatt.com for 79 a night. The work out room needs some work but the bed was comfortable and the staff was great.

However, I stayed at the Grand Hyatt San Fran on Sunday night. It was a great property. It is now in my top 3 Hyatt properties list. The view and the hotel was amazing.

Can anyone think of two properties within an hour or so of each other that are such polor opposites as the Hyatt San Jose and Grand Hyatt San Fran.
Tokyo: Park vs. Century
DC: New Park vs. any other Hyatt pretty much (Grand, Capitol Hill, Bethesda, Crystal City)
Chicago: Park vs. Rosemont/O'Hare

The list goes on. Especially for cities with a PH and cheap ones.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 4:48 pm

Just Curious?

Originally Posted by Manthis1
Did you stay at the new San Jose Hyatt or at the San Jose Airport Hyatt for $79?

Thanks,

RxTravel
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA-Silver; Hyatt-Plat; PriorityClub - Gold; HHonnors-Gold
Originally Posted by R xTravel
Did you stay at the new San Jose Hyatt or at the San Jose Airport Hyatt for $79?

Thanks,

RxTravel
Airport
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, DL MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by R xTravel
Did you stay at the new San Jose Hyatt ...
By "the new San Jose Hyatt" do you mean the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, which is in Santa Clara, not in San Jose?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 7:59 pm

Location: Lahaina,HI USA AA PLT 9 Million Miles+, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz No. 1 Club Gold, Starwood Platinum,OnePass Gold Elite,+++
Originally Posted by aa4ever
Tokyo: Park vs. Century
DC: New Park vs. any other Hyatt pretty much (Grand, Capitol Hill, Bethesda, Crystal City)
Chicago: Park vs. Rosemont/O'Hare

The list goes on. Especially for cities with a PH and cheap ones.
But I really like the Century Hyatt! Great staff, very attentive, just like the PHT for 1/3 to 1/2 the price. And with a RC!

That said, I am sitting in my room at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo, (Roppongi) which is also amazing. They've upgraded us to a nice suite and the staff is amazing.

I don't think one can go wrong with any of the hotels in this city - as you can in some other cities.

Nice view of Mt. Fuji this morning, but it's gone now with the haze.

Off to HR Kyoto tomorrow for the Cherry Blossoms. ^
Old Apr 6, 2006, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by RayinMaui
But I really like the Century Hyatt! Great staff, very attentive, just like the PHT for 1/3 to 1/2 the price. And with a RC!

That said, I am sitting in my room at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo, (Roppongi) which is also amazing. They've upgraded us to a nice suite and the staff is amazing.
I'm sure that the CH is quite nice, but it really is being compared with two of the top Hyatts in the world (and especially, the PHT which is one of the couple best).

Also, I really like the GHT, but I'm sure it's competing a bit more with the PHT than the CHT.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I would say the HR Monterey and the PH Carmel, but on second thought they are both dumps. It is just one of them makes no pretense about it, and the other one thinks it is the Post Ranch Inn.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 10:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pickles
I would say the HR Monterey and the PH Carmel, but on second thought they are both dumps. It is just one of them makes no pretense about it, and the other one thinks it is the Post Ranch Inn.
Exactly, however if you have been to Sierra Mar for lunch, you are also in for a surprise service wise. While the views are fantastic , the service lacks quality big time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.