Original Poster

End Of Park Hyatt SFO

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...27/story8.html

Last edited by broadwayboy; Mar 28, 06 at 6:39 pm
Old Mar 24, 06, 12:50 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I hope not This is my favorite hotel in the county
Old Mar 24, 06, 5:50 pm

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I assume you mean the PH SF, not the HR SFO.
Old Mar 24, 06, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Plat
Can you say any more about your source? Desk clerk at hotel? Cabdriver? Where does one hear such things? You just gave peteropny a coronary so I hope you can say a little more . . . I'd have put a next to that comment but putting a next to "coronary" didn't seem right somehow.
Old Mar 25, 06, 10:08 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Platinum; sometimes other things too
Without knowing any more than what the OP has said so far (and assuming it's PH SF), that would seem an odd move to me. Not only is the PH SF important to Hyatt, but now that Le Meridien is part of Starwood, it doesn't seem like getting a LM SF would be a top priority, since Starwood already has San Francisco pretty well covered, especially with the new St. Regis.
Old Mar 25, 06, 2:55 pm

Programs: UMP MR
There's only 3 PH in California, 8 in North America.
Is it really feasilbe that Hyatt would lose or sell their PH SF?
I think Hyatt actually needs more hotels.
Old Mar 25, 06, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by colerc
Without knowing any more than what the OP has said so far (and assuming it's PH SF), that would seem an odd move to me. Not only is the PH SF important to Hyatt, but now that Le Meridien is part of Starwood, it doesn't seem like getting a LM SF would be a top priority, since Starwood already has San Francisco pretty well covered, especially with the new St. Regis.
I was thinking the same thing. What was your source OP?
Old Mar 25, 06, 9:08 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Platinum
Yes, OP what is the source? It would be very disappointing to lose the PH San Francisco!
Old Mar 26, 06, 8:51 am
Suspended

Hyatt International has taken over the management of the US Park Hyatt locations and I guess they will try to position the Park Hyatts in another league.

My personal guess will be smaller more exclusive hotels, but at least more exclusive properties, same strategy as in Europe. There is little growth potential in the 500-1000 room convention hotels in most markets, but definitely potential in the small upscale to very upscale market.

The Park SFO is by no means an upscale property, but a very nice one. I enjoyed a jacuzzi corner suite there recently and was satisfied with the level of service, not close to Milan or Zurich, but very solid for a US property.

IMO, it would make sense to invest in a smaller, more exclusive property in San Francisco, but I would stick to this hotel as well, maybe rename it as Hyatt Regency Financial District.
Old Mar 27, 06, 12:04 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

When we were at the PH Carmel for our first stay, the GM made a point of telling me that the PH Carmel and the PH SF were the two exceptions to the Hyatt International takeover of the U.S. Park Hyatts.
Old Mar 27, 06, 5:23 pm

Location: New York, UA Gold MM Marriott Lifetime PLT, Hyatt Plat
I heard from a friend who is a manager at the PH SF who told me the same thing, i.e. Starwood will rebrand it as a Meridien.

No dates yet. I'm in town this week and will drop by for a drink and see if I can find out any more.
Old Mar 27, 06, 5:29 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Platinum; sometimes other things too
Well, I guess that's consistent with PH International not taking it over . . .
Old Mar 27, 06, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Threy
The Park SFO is by no means an upscale property, but a very nice one. I enjoyed a jacuzzi corner suite there recently and was satisfied with the level of service, not close to Milan or Zurich, but very solid for a US property.
Right to the point. It is definitely not in the same league as international Park Hyatt's but Grand Hyatt SFO is not Grand either if you do the same comparison.
Old Mar 27, 06, 9:26 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Platinum
Unless they have another property in mind for a Park Hyatt then they will lose most of the top end business. The Grand Hyatt is quite less than grand IMHO and the airport well....
Old Mar 28, 06, 2:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
When we were at the PH Carmel for our first stay, the GM made a point of telling me that the PH Carmel and the PH SF were the two exceptions to the Hyatt International takeover of the U.S. Park Hyatts.
As pointed out earlier, Hyatt International has only taken over the management of the US Park Hyatts and has not taken over the hotels..., I don`t know if San Francisco and Carmel were excluded and it was on request from Hyatt to increase the quality of the US Park Hyatt properties...

Search this Thread