Community
Wiki Posts
Search

End of Park Hyatt SFO?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2006, 10:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
What I was told by one of the concierges is once the date is set it will actually be 60 days from then for the changeover to occur.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold, Valencia VVIP, Hertz President Cirle
That would be great as I'm hoping FFNs start in June, but I was told May 9th will be the first day... Maybe they are realizing that's not doable and have reset it to 60 days... would be GREAT!

A friend of mine noticed the towels have already changed... I didn't notice. New "menu" of soaps though from the almond / lemon ones to orange / fresh.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 1:39 pm
Original Member

Award bookings only thru May 8

I tried multiple dates for award nights. The last available night is May 8. But regular reservations are being accepted for next year. So obviously something significant does happen on May 9.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 9:33 am
Original Member

Its official- May 9

I was told today by Customer Service that it is official and they rebooked me into other Hyatts.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 10:59 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Unhappy From one of the good folks out in Omaha

I wanted to let everyone know that the Park Hyatt San Francisco will no longer be a Hyatt starting May 9, 2006. It will become Le Meridien. A few of you have stays for this property before May 9. This will not affect your reservation in any way. For those of you that may have a reservation after May 9 @ this location we can try to reschedule you if you wish @ another Hyatt in the area. After May 9 if you decide to keep your reservation w/ the new hotel keep in mind that NO Gold Passport points will be issued. Let me know if you would like to reschedule or have any other questions.

This is a painful day for Hyatt and it's customers without question
To one of the Greatest Hyatt hospitality legends of all time we wish you a grand farewell.
Hold many exceptional memories of great experiences at that property.

It is my hope Le Meridien can come even close to what that hotel delivered under the Park Hyatt brand.
60% or better of my reason to be a Hyatt/Gold Passport customer started from experiences at that property.
Long after the flag changes the former PH SF will still be one of the key role models I use to guage many aspects of excellent hotel service anywhere I travel in the world now and into the future.

With great gratitude and thanks for the memories all ^

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Apr 20, 2006 at 8:31 pm
Old Apr 20, 2006, 1:09 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I'm scheduled to stay there 5/11-14. Not sure what I'll do at this point. I've been staying here for 17 years Still doesn't show up on Starwood's website.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 2:25 pm
Community Director Emerita

Poor Peter.

I've moved my reservation over to the Hilton Financial District. It's not in the same class, but at least I've got a Hilton promo to chase.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 6:45 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I may have to defect to *w over this
Old Apr 20, 2006, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Hyatt is doing nothing for affected guests - they should do...

1. Honour any points and stay credits for any booked stays for the next 3 months as if the hotel remained a Hyatt.

2. If they do not want to do the above then they should book people into the Grand Hyatt at the same rate, at minimum, but given the hotel is inferior and was available for $30-60 less some months ago when I booked (now it is more expensive) they should book into the GH for the rate of the booking at the Park less the $30-$60.

The above would be the classy thing to do. Less than a month's notice is simply inadequate.

I will probably check out the Santa Clara location as I am renting a car anyways to drive out to Sonoma for one day and will just make it a 2 day rental.

Again, Hyatt is left without a top end option in a key US market --> bad!
Old Apr 21, 2006, 1:11 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat, AA EXP, SPG platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
If I were you, I would opt for the Hyatt Regency SF over the Grand Hyatt. The latter has a better location, but the former has higher quality rooms, better service, and better views.

The Hyatt Santa Clara was a former Westin (switched over in late 2005). It's a solid convention center hotel, but worn at the edges. I don't think major room refreshes have yet occurred. It's in the same vein as the Hyatt Regency SF, but without the dramatic architecture

IMHO, the best hotel in the Santa Clara-San Jose corridor is the two-year old Marriott San Jose: hip yet rich/plush rooms, excellent restaurant, dramatic common spaces, good service, and classicly modern SOM-architecture. I would readily choose it over the nearby Fairmont San Jose.

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
1. Honour any points and stay credits for any booked stays for the next 3 months as if the hotel remained a Hyatt.

2. If they do not want to do the above then they should book people into the Grand Hyatt at the same rate, at minimum, but given the hotel is inferior and was available for $30-60 less some months ago when I booked (now it is more expensive) they should book into the GH for the rate of the booking at the Park less the $30-$60.

The above would be the classy thing to do. Less than a month's notice is simply inadequate.

I will probably check out the Santa Clara location as I am renting a car anyways to drive out to Sonoma for one day and will just make it a 2 day rental.

Again, Hyatt is left without a top end option in a key US market --> bad!
Old Apr 21, 2006, 8:14 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Delta PM
Other Park Hyatts?

Has anyone heard if this will effect other Park Hyatts as well or is it limited strictly to SFO? Just wondering as a few of my favorite hotels are Park Hyatts and it would be quite a blow to have them all move away from the Hyatt brand.
Also, I was informed my stay beginning May 23rd would no longer be eligible for Hyatt points (per a phone call from Hyatt customer service). I'm considering staying there and just getting the SPG points since I like the hotel so much. Any opinions as to whether the Hyatt (at Embarcadero) would be a good substitute?
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
So I'm confused...if you make a reservation for a stay, say, in August, will it be cancelled or honored by Le Meridien? Right now, you certainly can on the website.

Just as an aside, the Pan Pacific just was rebranded as a JW Marriott. I'm mostly a Marriott guy so that's cool with me, but from what I hear that would have been a suitable Hyatt replacement for the Park, though its quite near the Grand...
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:11 pm

hyatt reservations will be honored

I have a reservation for June. I called and they confirmed the May 9th changeover and said all reservations for dates after changeover will be honored. It seemed they are expecting requests to cancel and were eager to retain to existing reservations.

I'm SPG gold, so I'm happy to keep my Hyatt rate (my weekend rate was cheaper than comparable S.F. starwood properties) and get starpoints!
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:37 pm
Suspended

I had a reservation at PH SF scheduled for the end of May using stay certificates (which I made months ago). I received a voice mail message this morning from Hyatt customer service announcing the switchover on May 9th and saying they won't honor my reservation since it uses stay certificates. Have they mentioned to anyone with a standard reservation after the 9th if they'll honor diamond status perks (I assume they won't if they won't give points but I'm just curious).

First the Park Hyatt Stanhope and now Park Hyatt SF - I hope we start getting some good news soon about U.S. Park Hyatt's rather than bad news - I think they're down to 6 and dropping.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 12:01 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Question Quick focus group question

Originally Posted by scottch@la
It seemed they are expecting requests to cancel and were eager to retain to existing reservations.
I'm SPG gold, so I'm happy to keep my Hyatt rate (my weekend rate was cheaper than comparable S.F. starwood properties) and get starpoints!
Which program do you value more personally?
In other words which point currency is more valuable to you in your opinion?
As result of this change are you more or less likely to stay in this property?
Thanks for the feedback....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.