Wiki Posts
Search

Food in the Regency Club

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2006, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Food in the Regency Club

It seems that there is no longer hot food at RC in international properties. While Hyatt maintain hot food in the RC of US properties, in international it is gone. How sad !
I recently stayed in Johannesburg - best RC but no warm food anymore. They even served food which had to be heated first. As the food was cold, it was uneatable !
How sad for a property who had one of the best RC and restaurant. We usually eat in the restaurant of the Hyatt but after the experience in the Regency club with no warm food, we ran outside the hotel trying to find a proper chef.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 5:55 am
Suspended

The general difference between US locations and the one in Central Europe which have a Regency Club, is that in the US they serve a lot of quantity, however not really quality staff, with some properties use more upscale products.

In Europe it is more quality, significantly smaller portions, however really upscale food at most locations...

Exceptions certainly prove the rule...
Old Mar 3, 2006, 7:13 am
Original Poster

A agree about smaller portions. I had quality in some of the US properties also. But why did they stop serving hot food in international properties while they did in the past ? The past 5 RC I did in Europe seem to have nothing by Sushi. (Warsaw, CDG, JHB, Cologne and Mainz)
Old Mar 4, 2006, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
A agree about smaller portions. I had quality in some of the US properties also. But why did they stop serving hot food in international properties while they did in the past ? The past 5 RC I did in Europe seem to have nothing by Sushi. (Warsaw, CDG, JHB, Cologne and Mainz)
With Mainz and Cogne, you have stayed in the worser Hyatts in Europe. Basically I agree with Threy that the quality of the food is very high in Europe but there are some exceptions (e.g Mainz).
Old Mar 4, 2006, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply - I hope they just get warm food back...Cologne use to have warm chicken satay, asian noodles and still has a great view on the Dome...
Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:57 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I heard that hot food will probably be appearing in the Grand Club at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo later this summer... positive changes are being made at this property... kudos!
Old Mar 6, 2006, 7:00 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
London Churchill sometimes have hot food. When I stayed there recently, 2 nights they have the fried smoked chicken and 1 night cold tortilla espanole (potato omlettes).
Old Mar 6, 2006, 7:13 am

Montreal has a very decent hot spread in the evenings.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 7:27 pm

Was here Friday and Sat. night. they have food on a 8 country 8 day rotation.

Friday - Sout avocado salad, creviche, some cold salmon, chicken with red peppers (hot dish), roasted sweet potatoes, cheese, snacks (nuts, tortilla, mix muchies), nice dessert spread. Honour bar.

Sat. - Smoked salmon, smoked trout, beet salad, fish filet in cider sauce, rice with sundried tomatoes, snack, cheese, dessert spread.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 8:14 pm

I am sure Adelaide still has hot food and i think i remember Park H mel having hot food.
The are both international properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.