HRDEL 6 free nights = $250 + more misery

Old Feb 17, 06, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Angry HRDEL 6 free nights = $250 + more misery

6 night GP stay in the RC as a Diamond in a room selling for nearly $400 / night

- I was given a tiny king room hardly big enough for two people to live in, facing a noisy street with half inch high piles of pigeon s**t on the window ledge. And oh yes it came with about 20 pigeons at a time.

- Excellent food in all restaurants except the Japanese grill that was curiously empty when we were there even though there was a large Suzuki contingent. Uniformly terrible and indifferent service in all restaurants. Fast and efficient room service. I had to bus my own table of dirty plates in the Italian restaurant on my wifes birthday.

- After two nights I asked for a bill print to date and was surprised to see a tax of $43 a night on a free room that was never disclosed on the reservations or by Hyatt. Only after a long conversation with the hotel mgr. was it removed. $250 + for free nights is a terrible surprise. Nice to get that news at check in after traveling 25 hours to a town with all hotels full.

- RC desk advises : “ this is what you booked and all the rooms are the same “ This young man as well as the entire hotel has no clue as to Diamond benefits. This young man ignored my request to have the mgr. call me.

- During the stay the room attendant took a toothbrush of mine, a used nasal spray, and a shirt. Same attendant relentlessly badgered us though the do not disturb was on the door.

- Stink of raw sewage in the bathroom coming from the main drain. Complained without result other than an “ I feel your pain” nod.

My overall observation is that customer satisfaction is optional for this property. I would not recommend it. It is easily the worst category two hotel in the chain and the worst Hyatt I have stayed in. Although the manager made every effort to offset some of this to his great credit he has a terrible staff to work with.
Old Feb 17, 06, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SPG/Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt/Globalist, Hilton/Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA Platinum,
Where is HRDEL?

Can you tell me what hotel you are talking about?
Old Feb 17, 06, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Hyatt Regency New Delhi India
Old Feb 18, 06, 1:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Unfortunately, I have heard quite a few complaints about the HR Delhi and have quite a few of my own issues with the HR Delhi too. It is disappointing to here that they blunder such things as award stays too and are using the tax matter to do things that are not routine with Hyatt hotel awards.

If it were not for the GoldPassport program, I don't think I would end up at the HR Delhi as often.
Old Feb 18, 06, 2:38 am

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, IC Royal Ambassador
I am staying at that property once a month. I have to agree that the average experience at that Hotel is not up to the nromal Hyatt standard. But there are also some good points: I always got a suite upgrade when booking RC, always got the RC upgrade when booking standard room (and they all come with the pigeons as add-on....). And one more detail that is well worth mentioning: In DEL all Hotels are just a disgrace for the prices you have to pay! So in summary - dont be too picky, its India for god sake............
Old Feb 18, 06, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
I am staying at that property once a month. I have to agree that the average experience at that Hotel is not up to the nromal Hyatt standard. But there are also some good points: I always got a suite upgrade when booking RC, always got the RC upgrade when booking standard room (and they all come with the pigeons as add-on....). And one more detail that is well worth mentioning: In DEL all Hotels are just a disgrace for the prices you have to pay! So in summary - dont be too picky, its India for god sake............
The hotel does upgrade Diamonds to the RC pretty well, but the suite upgrades I never get there. About DEL hotels: the DEL Oberoi in the 80s did deliver. Nowadays, DEL is not a great city for hotels/hotel values, and the Oberoi too has seen its best days gone by. The Hyatt unfortunately is less nowadays than it used to be too. I guess when hotels in DEL have more customers than rooms at the higher end, then prices go up while service may not keep up.

Search this Thread