Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:59 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Which is your first?
I still have a soft spot for the Four Seasons -- I practically grew up in Chartwell, my grandparents celebrated their 50th and 60th anniversaries at the hotel...... and thus, is still my favourite hotel in Vancouver. But the Hyatt is a close 2nd.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by nnn
Thanks for the information. While the Hyatt is considerably cheaper (even including FSPP benefits), the Hyatt breakfast is what makes me hesitate. I am taking the extended family and would like a nice experience. I'm not expecting the Hualalai, of course, but the difference between a mediocre breakfast and a great breakfast means a lot to me.
One big difference between Hyatt and FS is that the Hyatt does have some Japanese items for the large number of Japanese guests who stay at the hotel -- like rice, miso soup, japanese pickles, etc.

However, I just find the quality at the FS to be of typical FS standards. The smoked salmon is sublime at the FS while it is adequate/good at the Hyatt. I find the service to be spotty at the Hyatt for breakfast as well depending on which section you are seated -- there does not seem to be any correlation to service levels and how busy the restaurant is. It is more a server thing I believe.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:45 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by luxury
One big difference between Hyatt and FS is that the Hyatt does have some Japanese items for the large number of Japanese guests who stay at the hotel -- like rice, miso soup, japanese pickles, etc.

However, I just find the quality at the FS to be of typical FS standards. The smoked salmon is sublime at the FS while it is adequate/good at the Hyatt. I find the service to be spotty at the Hyatt for breakfast as well depending on which section you are seated -- there does not seem to be any correlation to service levels and how busy the restaurant is. It is more a server thing I believe.
Thanks again. All things considered, it seems the FS is not worth the price difference on these particular dates, so we'll go with the HR. Time to make a trip to Costco.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Finishing up a two-day stay. The staff are very friendly. Regency Club is nothing to write home about, although I only used it for breakfast. My room is fairly comfortable, but nothing special. Bathroom is spacious, although I am not a fan of rain showers (prefer a standard showerhead). Gallery lounge makes an excellent margarita.

I can't believe there isn't all-day room service. I was working in my room the afternoon I arrived and needed to prepare for a meeting. It would have been very convenient to have lunch in-room, but it seems room service is only for breakfast and dinner. Since I had to leave the room to eat, I had lunch in the Mosaic Restaurant. Nice lunch menu, but the curry was bland.

Overall, I'd rate the hotel a B-minus.

The hotel lost power late yesterday afternoon. I believe a four-block area was affected. Walked down 30 flights of stairs to keep a dinner appointment. Power was back on by the time I returned.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 2:13 pm

I still have problems with G bonuses posting along with the stay at this property. The Diamond Bonus points post without a problem but the G bonuses have plagued me constantly. Hoping that this will be sorted out......
Old Jun 24, 2010, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I still have problems with G bonuses posting along with the stay at this property. The Diamond Bonus points post without a problem but the G bonuses have plagued me constantly. Hoping that this will be sorted out......
Not sure if this isn't an Opera bug that effects many Hyatts chainwide.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 4:40 pm

Just completed a one night staycation at the Hyatt. With the Jazz Festival ending this weekend, cruise ship season, and Rihanna in town, the hotel was sold out and I was a lucky Diamond member upgraded to one of the two Presidential Suites. Rumour has it that Rihanna is in the other one.....

Great suite, a bit on the compact side for a Presidential Suite, but very comfortable. Hardwood floors throughout, half bath off the entry foyer where a water feature is, two sitting areas, one with an upgraded Sony stereo system complete with centre channel and subwoofer, a large wet bar area with Nespresso coffee system and a regular coffeemaker which grinds the beans before brewing our complimentary to guests of the suite. There is also a desktop PC available as well. Of note, sheets and pillow covers, as well as the bathrobes, in the Presidential Suite are of Frette. Toiletries were the disappointing SpaH20 variety.

Very comfortable stay and no glitches or hiccups at all.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 5:18 pm

congrats luxury! I believe that's on the 34th flr, correct?
Old Jul 4, 2010, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I stayed in that one beginning January ! ^

Great Suite indeed !
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by 1K+
congrats luxury! I believe that's on the 34th flr, correct?
Both Presidential Suites are on the 33rd floor.... ours had a Frank Lloyd Wright-ish theme and the other one is more modern and Phillipe Starck-ish, I believe.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Just completed a one night staycation at the Hyatt. With the Jazz Festival ending this weekend, cruise ship season, and Rihanna in town, the hotel was sold out and I was a lucky Diamond member upgraded to one of the two Presidential Suites. Rumour has it that Rihanna is in the other one.....

Great suite, a bit on the compact side for a Presidential Suite, but very comfortable. Hardwood floors throughout, half bath off the entry foyer where a water feature is, two sitting areas, one with an upgraded Sony stereo system complete with centre channel and subwoofer, a large wet bar area with Nespresso coffee system and a regular coffeemaker which grinds the beans before brewing our complimentary to guests of the suite. There is also a desktop PC available as well. Of note, sheets and pillow covers, as well as the bathrobes, in the Presidential Suite are of Frette. Toiletries were the disappointing SpaH20 variety.

Very comfortable stay and no glitches or hiccups at all.
Very nice. Any pics?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by chanp
Very nice. Any pics?
Actually, yes I do have some pics taken on my phone. I will try to upload as quickly as possible.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Actually, yes I do have some pics taken on my phone. I will try to upload as quickly as possible.
Thanks, I have a reservation for the end of the month.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by chanp
Thanks, I have a reservation for the end of the month.
Here are some pics from a stay last month... standard room on the club floor

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4155154...7624306611116/
Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:58 pm

Presidential Suite, Hyatt Regency Vancouver

One of the two Presidential Suites of the Hyatt Regency Vancouver

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.