Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
I have no problem with how Hyatt treats me as a Diamond at this hotel. Sure I NEVER get a suite upgrade, but ALWAYS have had RC access even on a PriceLine stay. I personally would rather get RC access then a suite.

They are very prompt at delivering the diamond amentiy and I have even had them pre-deliver a bottle of wine to the room so its chilled before I arrive.

The staff and the customer service at this hotel are really spot on. Better then many of the Hyatt's I have stayed at.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 5:15 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I got this email from HR Vancouver:
To show our appreciation, we will be extending a $25 food and beverage credit to you, for select dates during Autumn. Stimulate your taste buds with delicious menu items from our Mosaic Restaurant, featuring a Fall inspired menu. Stay with us . . . October 23 through November 1, 2008 and we'll give you the perfect excuse to indulge! Please mention the COMEBK offer code at time of booking.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 8:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Stayed here in Aug and is a great hotel. Rooms are nice and clean. The Grand Bed was very comfy. In fact, as much as *wood FTers make a fuzz about the W and Heavenly beds, I find the Grand bed more comfortable than those 2.

Kudos to the ladies in the club lounge. They make it a point to remember your name. Nice touch.^
Old Oct 22, 2008, 7:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Very nice hotel. Stayed here in August. Great location. Modern, clean rooms.

There was a person who was loud above us. Management didn't really care. When I had a similar issue at the Westin and they offered to upgrade us to a suite next stay.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I stayed there a few weeks ago, Sat/Sun nights. Originally booked only Sunday as a FFN as I wasn't sure if I'd get as far as Vancouver on the Saturday night, but got standby on an earlier flight (cheap fare to Seattle, drove up/back) and called and booked the Saturday FFN from O'Hare.

I received a corner room on the 29th (RC) floor as a Diamond. The hotel is solid but not exceptional, the rooms are reasonably sized and well appointed, and the RC staff were outstanding. The RC was pretty empty (it was Canadian Thanksgiving weekend) so I had the run of their PC when I needed it - and the RC attendant let me use her PC to print out driving directions when the RC machine was in use.

Toss in Robson street a few steps away, and it was a fantastic stay. The only downside was C$28/day parking. I'm sure I could have figured out a cheaper option, but I actually used my car a lot during the stay, so it wasn't worth the hassle to save a few dollars.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Thanks. ^ This worked nicely with corporate rates even for room service.

Originally Posted by Brendan
I got this email from HR Vancouver:
To show our appreciation, we will be extending a $25 food and beverage credit to you, for select dates during Autumn. Stimulate your taste buds with delicious menu items from our Mosaic Restaurant, featuring a Fall inspired menu. Stay with us . . . October 23 through November 1, 2008 and we'll give you the perfect excuse to indulge! Please mention the COMEBK offer code at time of booking.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Talking

I stayed here for 2 nights this May @8K points each ! With C$300 real-money rates, I was pleasantly surprised that it was/is a Cat. 2!
Old Oct 31, 2008, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
I stayed here for 2 nights this May @8K points each ! With C$300 real-money rates, I was pleasantly surprised that it was/is a Cat. 2!
Shhhh... somebody might notice!
Old Apr 5, 2009, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
Hyatt Regency Vancouver

I did a quick search on the Hyatt Regency Vancouver, and didn't find much. Am planning a stay here prior to an Alaskan Cruise. Any comments to share on the property, and/or the Regency Club Lounge amenities?

Thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by NJTraveler
I did a quick search on the Hyatt Regency Vancouver, and didn't find much. Am planning a stay here prior to an Alaskan Cruise. Any comments to share on the property, and/or the Regency Club Lounge amenities?

Thanks.
Not sure what I can add to the 53 posts in this thread. It's a highly regarded and, in my opinion, competent hotel in the midst of Vancouver. The Regency Club is fairly standard in terms of its offerings, but at a high standard. I mainly visit for the newspapers, but there is always helpful staff at hand, and within minutes they will have committed your name to memory.

While enjoying a great view, I believe there is usually breakfast fruit and bread stuff and in the evening, raw vegetables and cheese and some other fancier fare like the little quiche things. (I'm vegetarian, so I don't pay much attention.) There's a coffee machine and, usually, sodas. Again, as a vegetarian, I couldn't comment on any alcohol.

In summary, I don't think you can go far wrong choosing this hotel.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 3:53 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I like this hotel a lot -- I have been upgraded to a suite recently as a Platinum and on a separate occasion received RC access. Nice!! The staff are kind and the service is quite good all around except at the hotel restaurant, Mosaic, where it is hit and miss.

My one pet peeve is that virtually every stay the hotel screws up on the crediting of the stay to GP. Most times they claim my rate is ineligible while other times they have forgotten bonuses. Recently I used a Gift Cheque and the hotel refunded the Gift Cheque amount back to my credit card, then told me that my account had not been settled, and once I paid the difference again, the points for the difference I settled posted, and as an ineligible stay. GP is great at fixing all these errors but it does get tiring after awhile. Nevertheless, I enjoy the actual stay enough to mitigate this pet peeve.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, AA G (MM), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, Global Entry, NEXUS
I stayed there earlier this year. I'm a Platinum (very soon to be Diamond) and asked if I could upgrade to the club level. The person at the check-in desk said, "let me check on the cost of that for you," then after a few moments, "with your status, let's just give it to you."

Liked the room, the views, and the location. Workout facility was typical for Hyatt -- that is to say, very good. I'd go back there in a heartbeat -- in fact my kids and I are staying there next week.

Now if only I could get a room there during the Olympics. As it is, I'll be lucky to stay in a dorm-ish room at Simon Fraser University.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by luxury
I like this hotel a lot -- I have been upgraded to a suite recently as a Platinum......
That's impressive, I'm a Diamond and have stayed a few times at this property and have not received a suite upgrade even once.

Congrats on your suite! Are you able to share any info (size, floor, amenities) on their suites?

cheers.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by boosman
I stayed there earlier this year. I'm a Platinum (very soon to be Diamond) and asked if I could upgrade to the club level. The person at the check-in desk said, "let me check on the cost of that for you," then after a few moments, "with your status, let's just give it to you."

Liked the room, the views, and the location.
Club level and non-club level rooms are identical except that you get better bathrobes and maybe cotton buds in the bathroom. Main difference is getting lounge access.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, AA G (MM), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, Global Entry, NEXUS
Originally Posted by 1K+
Club level and non-club level rooms are identical except that you get better bathrobes and maybe cotton buds in the bathroom. Main difference is getting lounge access.
Understood. That said, they also made sure I had a balcony room, which was nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.