Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Vancouver Hyatt Regency - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Vancouver Hyatt Regency - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 21, 20, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT GLD, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I thought free parking was only possible if the property owns the garage?
HR Vancouver does give parking for Globalists on points stays.

As far as your question about Globalist and breakfast at the restaurant goes, so far I've only ever been given Mosaic breakfast when the club lounge was closed.
seawolf and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 21, 20, 10:57 am

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Can anyone here confirm if dining at the Hyatt restaurant earns base points? What about the Starbucks inside Hyatt?
Old Feb 21, 20, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, UA Premier Silver, Southwest A List,Spirit Lover
Can anyone here confirm if dining at the Hyatt restaurant earns base points? What about the Starbucks inside Hyatt?
If charged to the room... sometimes yes and sometimes no.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 21, 20, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr View Post
If charged to the room... sometimes yes and sometimes no.
Why is it inconsistent? Will calling Hyatt resolve the problem? Possible to charge Starbucks to the room?
Old Feb 21, 20, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT GLD, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Why is it inconsistent? Will calling Hyatt resolve the problem? Possible to charge Starbucks to the room?
Yes you can charge it to the room. The Starbucks at HR YVR belongs to the hotel which is also the reason why it was closed during the employee strike.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 21, 20, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
Yes you can charge it to the room. The Starbucks at HR YVR belongs to the hotel which is also the reason why it was closed during the employee strike.
That's awesome. Starbucks terminal can record room numbers? In your experience, do you generally get the base points from Starbucks and dining at the Hyatt.

Anything else that I might need to know as a first time guess?
Old Feb 21, 20, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's awesome. Starbucks terminal can record room numbers? In your experience, do you generally get the base points from Starbucks and dining at the Hyatt.

Anything else that I might need to know as a first time guess?
Whenever I charge something to the room or even dine in as an outside guest it has always showed up for me as base points. I can say especially this year because I had no paid stays (room revenue) yet and I'm at a bit over 2000 points at the moment - all dining.

Don't get me wrong but I think you dramatize your "first stay" at this hotel a bit too much. If I would do that every time I'm staying at a new property I'd need a straightjacket within a few months.

Just enjoy your stay!
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 21, 20, 3:55 am

Anyone here stayed at this hotel recently? I'm curious if there are any restrictions in light of the coronavirus outbreak.
Old Apr 17, 20, 1:41 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Based on what I have read, the garage this property uses is operated by a third party. When I looked up the parking rates for non-hotel guests, they appeared to be cheaper (non valet) than what the property charges. I realize Hyatt's rate probably includes in and out privileges, but if I am just going to park the car in the garage during a short stay, doesn't it make more sense to pay non-hotel guest rates? Am I missing something?

LAX
Old Apr 17, 20, 7:48 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob
Originally Posted by LAX View Post
Based on what I have read, the garage this property uses is operated by a third party. When I looked up the parking rates for non-hotel guests, they appeared to be cheaper (non valet) than what the property charges. I realize Hyatt's rate probably includes in and out privileges, but if I am just going to park the car in the garage during a short stay, doesn't it make more sense to pay non-hotel guest rates? Am I missing something?
LAX
That's what I did, enter the carpark through the hotel entrance and take a ticket. Never had the need to re-enter multiple times in a single day.
Old Apr 17, 20, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by gravii View Post
That's what I did, enter the carpark through the hotel entrance and take a ticket. Never had the need to re-enter multiple times in a single day.
But you enter and exit at least once a day right?
Old Jun 23, 20, 2:54 pm

I never got around to posting my observation about this hotel from a stay earlier this year. So the exterior of the hotel looks a bit old. I'm surprised by the lack of choices for pillows here. The ones in the room are way too soft. I called guest services and they told me they'll bring their firmest, which was supposed to be a foam. I got it and it only felt marginally firmer. Also, it doesn't look like a foam pillow at least when compared to the one I have at home and at the Marriott hotels I've stayed at. I can confirm that the parking rate have in and out privileges. I like the location and would consider returning, but they gotta sort out the pillow problem.
Old Jun 23, 20, 2:55 pm

LAX
Not probably. It does have in and out privileges.
Old Jun 23, 20, 8:58 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Not probably. It does have in and out privileges.
Thanks for reporting back. That's what I figured. I think I am going to end up just parking the car there for the duration of my planned stay (probably 2-3 nights), so paying extra for in & out privileges won't be worth it.

LAX
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Jun 23, 20, 9:35 pm

Thanks for reporting back. That's what I figured. I think I am going to end up just parking the car there for the duration of my planned stay (probably 2-3 nights), so paying extra for in & out privileges won't be worth it.

LAX
Probably best to call them if you have any questions. Hyatt confirmed it before I made the reservation. At check-in, you'll need to give them your license plate. The parking lot is opened 24/7. I went in and out at various times throughout the day. No problem whatsoever.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: