Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 20, 2020, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by VIT-B
I've stayed at the Vancouver Hyatt Regency many times as a Diamond and now Globalist. As a guest you have two options of Parking payment. I should note that the garage connected to the Hyatt Regency is a "public" garage. To enter the garage you need to accept the parking ticket. Upon check-in you have the option to either pay at the public garage rate or the Hyatt rate which is billed to your room. The rates will vary according to night/day or weekday/weekend. The front desk will go through the various rates to allow you to choose the cheapest rate. I have not tried to Valet (which uses the same garage), but I have received free parking on point stays. For this, I chose the Hyatt parking rate and I made sure to remind the front desk of the points stay and my Globalist status. Basically they can only comp the parking if you choose the Hyatt rate... because the garage is a public garage.

In the end, don't by shy to escalate to the GM. Hope this helps!
I thought free parking was only possible if the property owns the garage?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by karung99
Club lounge
Originally Posted by VIT-B
I've always had the Globalist Breakfast in the restaurant. However, this could have changed since my last stay in December.
Is there a a reason why there are two different responses? So Globalists can get free breakfast at the restaurant?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Free parking is for Globalists only on points stays only, at ANY Hyatt where it's possible to bill parking to your room (99% I'd say). Makes no difference who owns or even who operates the garage.
seawolf and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:36 am

Is there a a reason why there are two different responses? So Globalists can get free breakfast at the restaurant?
Some (very few actually) properties with club lounges allow Globalists to eat breakfast in the restaurant rather than the club. It's about as common as being allowed to order room service for the Globalist breakfast: rare but not unheard of. These are both examples of properties going far above and beyond what is actually required....

When the club lounge is closed for any reason (as referenced above) or non-existent, then it's free breakfast in the restaurant. Most properties are quite generous with this benefit....
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
HR Vancouver does give parking for Globalists on points stays.

As far as your question about Globalist and breakfast at the restaurant goes, so far I've only ever been given Mosaic breakfast when the club lounge was closed.
seawolf and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can anyone here confirm if dining at the Hyatt restaurant earns base points? What about the Starbucks inside Hyatt?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:40 pm

Can anyone here confirm if dining at the Hyatt restaurant earns base points? What about the Starbucks inside Hyatt?
If charged to the room... sometimes yes and sometimes no.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
If charged to the room... sometimes yes and sometimes no.
Why is it inconsistent? Will calling Hyatt resolve the problem? Possible to charge Starbucks to the room?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Why is it inconsistent? Will calling Hyatt resolve the problem? Possible to charge Starbucks to the room?
Yes you can charge it to the room. The Starbucks at HR YVR belongs to the hotel which is also the reason why it was closed during the employee strike.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Yes you can charge it to the room. The Starbucks at HR YVR belongs to the hotel which is also the reason why it was closed during the employee strike.
That's awesome. Starbucks terminal can record room numbers? In your experience, do you generally get the base points from Starbucks and dining at the Hyatt.

Anything else that I might need to know as a first time guess?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's awesome. Starbucks terminal can record room numbers? In your experience, do you generally get the base points from Starbucks and dining at the Hyatt.

Anything else that I might need to know as a first time guess?
Whenever I charge something to the room or even dine in as an outside guest it has always showed up for me as base points. I can say especially this year because I had no paid stays (room revenue) yet and I'm at a bit over 2000 points at the moment - all dining.

Don't get me wrong but I think you dramatize your "first stay" at this hotel a bit too much. If I would do that every time I'm staying at a new property I'd need a straightjacket within a few months.

Just enjoy your stay!
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone here stayed at this hotel recently? I'm curious if there are any restrictions in light of the coronavirus outbreak.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 12:41 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Based on what I have read, the garage this property uses is operated by a third party. When I looked up the parking rates for non-hotel guests, they appeared to be cheaper (non valet) than what the property charges. I realize Hyatt's rate probably includes in and out privileges, but if I am just going to park the car in the garage during a short stay, doesn't it make more sense to pay non-hotel guest rates? Am I missing something?

LAX
Old Apr 17, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LAX
Based on what I have read, the garage this property uses is operated by a third party. When I looked up the parking rates for non-hotel guests, they appeared to be cheaper (non valet) than what the property charges. I realize Hyatt's rate probably includes in and out privileges, but if I am just going to park the car in the garage during a short stay, doesn't it make more sense to pay non-hotel guest rates? Am I missing something?
LAX
That's what I did, enter the carpark through the hotel entrance and take a ticket. Never had the need to re-enter multiple times in a single day.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gravii
That's what I did, enter the carpark through the hotel entrance and take a ticket. Never had the need to re-enter multiple times in a single day.
But you enter and exit at least once a day right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.