Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Suite is indeed useless. I wasted an expiring DSU on a 1-night stay and spent no more than 15 minutes in the connector room.
The DSU standard suite is that.... but there are a few decent suites to be had. You just don't get them because you are Diamond and that's rather sad.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold...
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Suite is indeed useless. I wasted an expiring DSU on a 1-night stay and spent no more than 15 minutes in the connector room.

Given the set-up, I can't imagine anybody is upgraded to a suite. They are simply sold to people who might want a second room due to family size, etc.

As mentioned, this property is nothing special, but stay for 1 night pre Whistler and 1 night post, with the lounge closed, and that's 3500+ points per night for Diamonds plus a decent restaurant breakfast.
I used a DSU at the Vancouver property in November 2014 and it was a completely a wasted use of an upgrade. The Junior Suite is completely useless. A couple of years ago I received a two-story suite that was AMAZING on New Years Eve as a complementary upgrade. No such luck as a Diamond member booking standard nights and or DSU's.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 3:50 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Regency Club will be reopening full time earlier than previously announced. Full opening as of March 2 now. So, one weekend left to squeeze in a stay or two to get the 2500 Lounge closure points for Diamonds!
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Stayed here about a week ago - drug (not drugged) a couple of friends up to the PNW who aren't used to staying in nicer hotels.

To me, this was an above average central city hyatt. The rooms were nice... the club was small but good enough. Food was good. Was a little weird one night when I was asked as we exited the door if we had filled out an honor card... which I promptly pointed at it laying on the table we just left. I thought this was pretty bush league and insulting but whatever. I've obviously stayed at a large number of hyatt properties, and Ive never had that happen prior. As for the rooms, they were good. Decent sized, standard hyatt property remodel/refresh. We got the club floor for both rooms I booked.

As for my friends: they viewed it as an amazing/stunning property. They're a little sheltered.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
For any thrill seekers here... http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/03/r...ope-vancouver/
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Stayed here last year for 2 nights in a club room prior to a cruise. Very nice hotel, getting off the elevator for the first time was interesting as the work of art facing us is the exact same piece we have in our living room.

They had the same art on every floor we checked as well.

Pic of art

The club was awesome and the concierge super helpful. I though it was a very nice hotel with a good location- We will defiantly be back next time we sail out of Vancouver.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 12:40 pm

Staying here now. Came up for my birthday weekend and met my parents here. Booked two rooms, one for me, one for them. Was initially told at check in that only I would have access to the club, pushed the issue a bit as I could have easily booked one room for three people and we would have all been entitled to it, but booking two separate rooms I'm not? In the end she relented and said it was fine.

I know the official rule is Diamond benefits are to the room the member in staying in, but I've never seen anyone enforce it before. Both rooms are under my name.

I would have understood it a little more if it wasn't just me staying in my room.

Had two stays here last December with multiple rooms and never had a problem.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here! Absolutely exceptional property with excellent staff! The views were great as well.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 5:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Does the entry level DSU Junior Suite have a balcony?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Does the entry level DSU Junior Suite have a balcony?
If it's the connecting suite you are talking about, yes.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 8:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by qmiles321
If it's the connecting suite you are talking about, yes.
It is indeed. Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Wow, did this hotel get renovated? Showed up as a 4.5* on Priceline NYOP! It was not that impressive when I stayed there 6 years ago.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:54 am

Just had another quick one night stay here. No suite upgrade, as per usual. Got a nice room on the 31st floor with partial mountain views. When asked if I wanted late checkout, I mentioned we had an early flight and would be leaving the hotel around 5:30 am. The front desk agent (Foxx) kindly offered to have a boxed breakfast prepared for us as we would be leaving before the Regency Club opened.

When I woke up in the morning, I found a letter under the door stating that breakfast would be ready when we check out. We each got a paper bag filled with a delicious turkey croissant, flax muffin, granola bar and a bottle of water and orange juice. This turned out to be great as we would have had no time to eat anything else due to transportation delays and airport congestion.

This was a very nice touch, and will continue to stay as my go-to hotel in Vancouver.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
Just had another quick one night stay here. No suite upgrade, as per usual. Got a nice room on the 31st floor with partial mountain views. When asked if I wanted late checkout, I mentioned we had an early flight and would be leaving the hotel around 5:30 am. The front desk agent (Foxx) kindly offered to have a boxed breakfast prepared for us as we would be leaving before the Regency Club opened.

When I woke up in the morning, I found a letter under the door stating that breakfast would be ready when we check out. We each got a paper bag filled with a delicious turkey croissant, flax muffin, granola bar and a bottle of water and orange juice. This turned out to be great as we would have had no time to eat anything else due to transportation delays and airport congestion.

This was a very nice touch, and will continue to stay as my go-to hotel in Vancouver.
That's some great service!
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Glob, EX-AS 75k
Lovely

One night stay ... Congestion on the driveway (it's way too small for the capacity of the hotel) and bellmen hurried us along. Terry at check in more than made up for that! He was so nice and professional, treated us like royalty even though we are lowly Plats . We got a corner room, 4p checkout and a tour of the lobby including their cool elevators that you call by destination floor. Very efficient! Grain bar in the lobby was stellar at night, our server Heidi was so knowledgable and friendly. RC was just ok, again too small for capacity but staff was sweet and working hard. Offerings were minimal for evening and breakfast but each item was of good quality. Staying again in a couple months and already looking forward!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.