Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Vancouver Hyatt Regency - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Vancouver Hyatt Regency - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 14, 11, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by luxury View Post
Just completed a stay this past weekend -- due to a large conference at the hotel we were upgraded to an Executive suite on the 33rd floor. Good stay as always.

Toiletries in the master bath were Gilchrist and Soames. The guest powder room now has a stylish silver hand pump dispenser for soap. At turn down, two bottles of VOSS water were left as opposed to the single bottle in the past.

The Regency Club will be closed the first 2 weekends of December and then all week long from after the second weekend through to mid-January. This is a great time to rack up RC closure points.
RC closure points? How do you claim these?
Old Nov 14, 11, 3:47 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum (former PP), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
All diamond members get 2500 points for any stay at a property with a closed club lounge.
Old Nov 28, 11, 9:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Currently staying here, 33 rd floor. Good hotel and service, but they surely need to invest in double or triple glazing... The street noise!
Old Dec 4, 11, 9:29 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG
The Regency Club is now closed. Due to renovations on the 4th floor, the Fitness Centre is now in the Regency Club for the time being. Great time to rack up the points!!

The Lobby is now fully decorated with their Gingerbread on steroids display.
Old Dec 19, 11, 3:25 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG
The Regency Club will house the fitness centre until mid January 2012. It is still unknown whether the RC will re-open at that time or whether it will remain closed into February.
Old Mar 9, 12, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Anyone know what room I should ask for as a diamond requesting an upgrade (2 adults, 2 8 year olds) and whether a suite upgrade is worth using for this hotel and what I'm likely to get?

From reading this thread, it appears Diamonds always get upgraded here. Found a $149 a night rate for April 9-12 (you have to buy a ticket to a hockey game to get the rate but we are going to do just that anyway). Wish I could find something less expensive, but any suggestions would be welcome.
Old Mar 9, 12, 2:56 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was not overwhelmed by the suite I was upgraded to on my last stay here, about six months ago. I would save the suite upgrade for somewhere else.
Old Mar 10, 12, 12:04 am

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
I was upgraded to an Executive Suite with a Balcony and it was huge. I loved it. It felt like an apartment with a long hallway from the bar/lounge area to the bedroom. I loved it.

Call a week or two before your stay and say if you can kindly ask for an Executive Suite.
Old Mar 30, 12, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Does this hotel have a pool? See no mention of it on Hyatt's site but then Travelocity is telling me it *does* have a pool.
Old Mar 30, 12, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by blase View Post
Does this hotel have a pool? See no mention of it on Hyatt's site but then Travelocity is telling me it *does* have a pool.
It does have a small pool but iirc it's outside (3d floor rooftop) and perhaps closed in winter.
Old Mar 31, 12, 1:50 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by blase View Post
http://vancouver.hyatt.com/hyatt/hot...pool/index.jsp

When I was there a couple weeks ago, the hot tub was closed for refurbishment. The pool is open but outdoors, and heated to a "refreshing" temperature.
Old Apr 2, 12, 12:24 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by baliktad View Post
http://vancouver.hyatt.com/hyatt/hot...pool/index.jsp

When I was there a couple weeks ago, the hot tub was closed for refurbishment. The pool is open but outdoors, and heated to a "refreshing" temperature.
Thanks! I don't know why I couldn't find that. I'll bring my suit to at least enjoy the whirlpool.
Old Apr 3, 12, 7:08 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
RC is still closed during the weekend and they don't have a schedule to change this yet. Good opportunity for Diamonds to grab the 2500 DN points. I like this hotel- good location, friendly staff and great breakfast buffet. (Remember tips are included for diamond if RC is close) But the 32"" TV is just too tiny in today's standard. Anybody concurs?
Old Apr 23, 12, 3:32 am

RC Club closed only on weekends?

Have a 1 week stay coming up. Is the RC Club still closed on weekends?

If so, when does it open ( Sunday night? Monday morning, etc.?)

What type of complementary breakfast do diamonds get when RC CLUB is closed?

Do diamonds get the 2500 points if RC Club is only closed 1 or 2 nights of a longer stay?

Is fitness center still in RC CLUB?
Old Apr 23, 12, 11:25 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by barbh2 View Post
Have a 1 week stay coming up. Is the RC Club still closed on weekends?

If so, when does it open ( Sunday night? Monday morning, etc.?)

What type of complementary breakfast do diamonds get when RC CLUB is closed?

Do diamonds get the 2500 points if RC Club is only closed 1 or 2 nights of a longer stay?

Is fitness center still in RC CLUB?
The schedule for weekend closures is not announced or published but was meant to be a springtime closure. Call the hotel to confirm availability for your intended stay dates.

Weekend closures are for all day Saturday and all day Sunday. You will receive the bonus points if the lounge is closed for 1 day of your stay.

If the lounge is closed during a morning you are there, a complimentary full breakfast will be available in the Mosaic Grill.

The fitness center is located floor 4 and is not in the Regency Club.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: