Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Status Matching - MASTER THREAD - Old (Prior to 11/10)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Status Matching - MASTER THREAD - Old (Prior to 11/10)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Hyatt Status Matching - MASTER THREAD - Old (Prior to 11/10)

I'm staffed on a project in San Antonio, TX and because the Marriott was sold out, I stayed at the Hyatt in downtown for a few nights. It was nice!! Does anyone have any knowledge of if and how Hyatt matches status with other hotel membership programs? I'm Platinum with Marriott and if Hyatt matched my status, I would be willing to switch hotels! Thanks in advance for any advice!!
Old Apr 12, 2005, 10:22 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by tx_chava
I'm staffed on a project in San Antonio, TX and because the Marriott was sold out, I stayed at the Hyatt in downtown for a few nights. It was nice!! Does anyone have any knowledge of if and how Hyatt matches status with other hotel membership programs? I'm Platinum with Marriott and if Hyatt matched my status, I would be willing to switch hotels! Thanks in advance for any advice!!
Plat at Marriott is highest level (right?) - If so I Hyatt should match with Hyatt Diamond - contact CS and they'll probably ask you to fax them a copy of your Marriott statement showing stays/nights.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:51 am
Original Poster

thanks for the message! What does "CS" stand for?
Old Apr 13, 2005, 8:06 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by tx_chava
thanks for the message! What does "CS" stand for?
Customer Service
Old Jan 18, 2006, 9:25 pm

Thumbs up will hyatt match status?

Or otherwise grant status?How?
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:12 pm

Yes, call them.

http://www.goldpassport.com
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by martino
Or otherwise grant status?How?
Call them and then they will ask you to fax them activities from the hotel you are matching with and status card.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 2:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Hyatt is great with matching Hilton status and very good about matching Starwood status.

A fax to GP Customer Service with a print out of your other program's account e-statement AND the front of the other program's card noting your status is more than sufficient to get status matched.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 3:50 am

Programs: DL (suckered me into) Diamond, ICH Plat RA, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Hyatt is great with matching Hilton status and very good about matching Starwood status.

A fax to GP Customer Service with a print out of your other program's account e-statement AND the front of the other program's card noting your status is more than sufficient to get status matched.
Is it a 1-time thing?
Old Jan 19, 2006, 5:47 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Hyatt matched my colleague who was a Marriott Platinum (I think) to Diamond in November 2005 and gave him the status until 2007. That's the way to make people switch (and stay loyal in my case).
Old Jan 19, 2006, 9:50 pm

I just had my status matched today. Called Gold Passport desk and faxed my Hilton Gold records. They wanted to see 10 stays in the last 12 months. Sent my information and was automatically matched to Hyatt Diamond!!!
Old Feb 10, 2006, 8:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA 2P, AA PLT, PC Platinum
I am Hilton Gold but I have only 2 stays in the past 6 month. Will they match me???

Originally Posted by dogbite
I just had my status matched today. Called Gold Passport desk and faxed my Hilton Gold records. They wanted to see 10 stays in the last 12 months. Sent my information and was automatically matched to Hyatt Diamond!!!
Old Feb 10, 2006, 8:28 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by asyoulike
I am Hilton Gold but I have only 2 stays in the past 6 month. Will they match me???
With enough stays showing on your Hilton statement, getting status matched into Hyatt Diamond for your Hilton Gold does happen -- and rather routinely. With only 2 stays in the past 6 months, I don't know. Try it and tell us please.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Plat
I am Marriott Plat.
If I CS does a status match now, then I guess this would be valid until Feb '07.
What if I request a status match in Sept '06 - will the Diamond Status expire Feb '07 or Feb '08?
Old Mar 27, 2006, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Plat
FYI.I spoke with GP Desk.
If I request the Status Match now, then I would have Diamond Status until Feb '07.
If I request the Status Match on Aug 1 or later, I would retain Diamond Status until Feb '08.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.