Wiki Posts
Search

im an idiot/FFN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2006, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Hilton
im an idiot/FFN

So I stayed at the maui and kauai properties back in October. The front desk at the Maui property told me I would earn 5 free nights because I was staying 11 nights between the two properties. Foolishy I believed them (since i don't know much about hyatts programs), in reality I only have 1 free night from the two stays and its expired. The passport rep offered to extend it until the end of Feb for me.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Actually, the person at the front desk is the idiot for giving you incorrect information.

You can still use your free night, particularly since they offered to extend it. I still have 2 that I may not be able to use. Lots of us end up with some extras.

Pick a place & make a reservation ^^
Old Jan 14, 2006, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA No staus, HHonors Gold, SPG none, Hyatt-none
must be the training they receive... I was told something similar when I stayed for the first time at the Chicago Hyatt... then they charged me $120 for using the bar... which I never used, but that's another story.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 1:58 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Mary2e is right! Dtwjim is not an idiot--he just believed an idiot!
Earn 1 FFN per 2 stays, not per 2 nights.

Anyway, Hyatt is very willing to extend ^. I just switched my FFN from Sat. 3/18 Cat. 2 to Mon. March 13 Cat. 4 !
Old Jan 14, 2006, 8:59 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by dtwjim
So I stayed at the maui and kauai properties back in October. The front desk at the Maui property told me I would earn 5 free nights because I was staying 11 nights between the two properties. Foolishy I believed them (since i don't know much about hyatts programs), in reality I only have 1 free night from the two stays and its expired. The passport rep offered to extend it until the end of Feb for me.
Sorry to hear about the confusion.
It is my suggestion that any time the front desk tells you anything of a promotional nature to run it by the good folks out in Omaha at Gold Passport customer service.
By all means get a second opionion for clarification.In programs that I have less trust in I get them to document the statements.
It saves an awful lot of frustration in the end ^
Gold Pasport has the best training and the most up to date information directly from corporate.
Not that mistakes haven't been made in call centers before
The consistency from Gold Passport ranks up there from my experience.
FYI The other obvious source of solid information is from the community here on FT.
I have to say we have some brilliant folks on these boards and many who are seasoned regulars.
I learn regularly and though the industry is loathe to admit it at times many of those folks from every airline and hotel company are right here with us lurking and learning too
Cheers
Old Jan 14, 2006, 11:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt, United, Marriott
I've found most front desk clerks to be woefully uneducated about the programs available to guests.

For Instance:

Try asking for the "Sacramento Gold Card" when you check into the Sacramento Hyatt. Its a city tourist program/card offering discounts at local resturants and attractions to hotel guests and is promoted on the Sac Hyatt website.

$10 says you get a blank look followed by a referral to the Gold Passport programe.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:35 am

Location: Baltimore - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond/Courtesy Card, UA 2M
I would say that if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. But we know that 10 revenue nights can easily generate 5 free nights and more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.