Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As if by a miracle: Grand Club access in GH Beijing being Diamond member!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold

Jesus.. I have no idea why. Maybe Hyatt HQ did give the GH Beijing management a big .... and forced them to change their "common rules", or I've just simply got an inexperienced trainee at checkin, or it was just a low season therefore not a lot of business travellers: When I was in GH Beijing at the beginning of this week, I was really surprised when the lady at the desk asked me during the check-in procedure, if I rather wish to have an apartement-style mini-jr-suite or would prefer to get the Grand Club room. I was really caught off guard and I strongly believe that I probable had even some tears in my eyes: finally the FIRST TIME GH Beijing has offered me an upgrade to Grand Club!! Wow, what a big surprise.

Of course I have taken the Grand Club and was the very first time in the Grand Club facility and I liked it! I'm wondering if this is going to last very long or not...

Actually I really like this hotel and appreciate the location of it. But my fingers are still holding the switch-button. Another "wrong move" by not recognizing Goldpassport's T&C, I will definitely switch my business to St. Regis Beijing!
Old Jan 13, 2006, 8:06 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thumbs up Cheers

Congratulations ^
Things are looking up across the globe in 2006
Old Jan 13, 2006, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Yea, maybe something is in the water. Earlier this week, I was given a harbourview Grand Club room at the GHHK... on FFN!
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:23 am

Count your lucky stars people............this kind of thing doesn't happen often over there in Asia. I'd bet it's probably mostly due to low occupancy during the winter months. I expect the same old "tricks" to reappear come summer time.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Count your lucky stars people............this kind of thing doesn't happen often over there in Asia. I'd bet it's probably mostly due to low occupancy during the winter months. I expect the same old "tricks" to reappear come summer time.
Actually it is high season in HK right now, it is expo and convention season, and prices and occupancy have gone through the roof.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 1:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Pickles
Yea, maybe something is in the water. Earlier this week, I was given a harbourview Grand Club room at the GHHK... on FFN!
Should be interesting. I'm staying at the GHHK next weekend on a corp. rate. I'm not holding my breath (but I'll be bringing a printout of the latest hyatt.com vacany sheet and the gp t's&c's just in case).
Old Jan 14, 2006, 11:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
I spoke with GP recently and they said that in the near future more pressure will be placed on intl Hyatts to upgrade if space is available. The U.S. Hyatts pretty much are compliant but more Hyatts will be dropped if they do not honor Hyatt policy. Mentioned issues with a Hong Kong property that actually decided that they would rather close down then meet Hyatt's standards! This was quite surprising.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by westcoastman
I spoke with GP recently and they said that in the near future more pressure will be placed on intl Hyatts to upgrade if space is available.
Great news!!! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.