Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hua Hin Thailand - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Hua Hin Thailand - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2007, 12:41 pm

Talking

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Hua Hin. Upon arrival I wanted to upgrade to a suite which they did not have available however they were able to upgrade me to a Barai Pool Suite for an additional baht 4000 which in total came to about baht 13000/night for the room including taxes.

The barai pool suite is excellent and has a really neat layout. With a private outdoor plunge pool as well as a jacuzzi indoors. It had seperate bath/shower room as well a dressing room for both him and her. The room has like 12 - 15 towels neatly set up as well as bath amenities for the jacuzzi.

The suite also had a humongous bed which in the hyatt literature states "oversized luxurious bed", however that is a big understatement. I would estimate the bed is between 3 - 3.5 meters wide as well as normal 2 - 2.2 meter length. Maybe like 1.5 times a king size bed.

I would estimate the suite to be about 130 square meters.

The staff is very nice however their english is slightly lacking

I would most certainly recommend this room and this hotel to anyone looking for a nice romantic getaway.

The Barai spa is very unique and for sure an experience I would recommend anyone.

Hua Hin in itself is okay, beach is so-so but as long as you plan to mostly indulge the hotel it's more than good enough.

I will try to post a few photos as soon as possible.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
This hotel reminds me of the old Bali Beach Hotel in Sanur in its layout and sprawling character. The grounds are lovely and the restaurants serve inexpensive and tasty offerings with great service.

The low points include the feckless reception service for check-in: all three families in our group waited for times ranging from an hour to two and a half hours for their room. I waited the single hour because I went down to the RC and pushed pretty hard, mainly because I had received several emails asking when I would check in, and I had replied to all of them with the specific time (2PM). This increased my annoyance at their inability to actually check me in.

The RC provides a continental breakfast each morning, and there is wireless in the reception building. However, the mosquitoes will eat you alive if you decide to take a conference call in the middle of the night out there.

The ground-floor rooms are larger, as noted above, and the furnishings are pretty basic - reminding me of old Club Med for some reason.

If you decide to drive, be aware that the hotel is not on the road proper, but down a little soi, and the signage is not very large, so keep your eyes peeled.

In December and January, our experience was bright sun in the mornings and overcast in the afternoons, with moderate winds in off the sea throughout the day.

For those of you who like to swim in the ocean, be aware that pony rides are available on the beach, and the results are sometimes evident.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 8:52 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Anything special I should expect as a Diamond?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1k
I stayed at the Hyatt Club last year too, and it was great.
Also taking the train was more fun than the standard taxi/driver.

But I also like to wander around town too, during day and night, and that would be easier at the Hilton, but it was sold out while there.
Lots of restaurants and bars worth trying out in town.
If you're staying for awhile, might want to do a few days at both.
I tend to burn out in any hotel after 4 days.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 3:57 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Can anyone compare the Regency suite to the Barai pool suite? Would the Barai pool suite be worth an additional 11,200 Baht + 17.7 % tax per night? What's the difference between McFarland house and Regency Club? Thanks a lot.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Originally Posted by attorney28
Can anyone compare the Regency suite to the Barai pool suite? Would the Barai pool suite be worth an additional 11,200 Baht + 17.7 % tax per night?
If you plan to spend a lot of time in the hotel rooms, or want the exclusivity of the suites/casitas, they are very nice. They are probably worth it if you are a low-energy vacationer, reading and getting massaged and generally relaxing.

If you are planning to exhaust yourself swimming/hiking/shopping/eating and only need a room to sleep in, then the difference in accommodations and services are not going to be worth it. They are probably not worth it if you are a high-energy vacationer on the go the whole time, or if you are with kids.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 4:42 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Thanks a lot for the info. Considering trying out both for two nights each. If I do that, I'll report back .
Old Aug 1, 2009, 11:44 am

any recent experience

We're staying there next week and have read through this thread, but most of the reviews are 1-5 years old. Any more recent experience?

We'll be using the shuttle service from GH Erawan Bangkok. Is the RC still good? Is it advisable to use the Diamond suite upgrade at this property?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
We're staying there next week and have read through this thread, but most of the reviews are 1-5 years old. Any more recent experience?

We'll be using the shuttle service from GH Erawan Bangkok. Is the RC still good? Is it advisable to use the Diamond suite upgrade at this property?
I’m a frequent guest of this property and was just there last week. The RC is very good and has improved over time. The breakfast is especially nice with three local hot dishes and made to order eggs. The evening canapes and cocktails are also good; recently they moved the cocktails out to the main area, reasonable selections of wine, beers, and spirits.

The suites are twice the size of the standard rooms. I highly recommend using a suite upgrade especially for a long stay.

Enjoy
Old Aug 2, 2009, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Mad4Miles
I’m a frequent guest of this property and was just there last week. The RC is very good and has improved over time. The breakfast is especially nice with three local hot dishes and made to order eggs. The evening canapes and cocktails are also good; recently they moved the cocktails out to the main area, reasonable selections of wine, beers, and spirits.

The suites are twice the size of the standard rooms. I highly recommend using a suite upgrade especially for a long stay.

Enjoy
Thanks for the update. We're booked for 2 nights but may stay for a third if we like it.

What about activities in and out of the resort? Earlier on this thread someone said the resort is nice enough that they spend all the time within the premise. Are there anything interesting outside to explore? What about local transportation - is there still the hotel shuttle to Hua Hin town for a fee? Are local taxis cheap and reliable?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 1:06 am

The website doesn't seem to provide the option to book a suite on GP points. Is this just due to my dates? Has anyone been able to use their points to book a suite?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
The website doesn't seem to provide the option to book a suite on GP points. Is this just due to my dates? Has anyone been able to use their points to book a suite?
Suite awards are not bookable online for any Hyatt, so they never show up online. To book a suite award you will have to call the reservations center. Booking a suite should be no problem as long as there is availability.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Nov 6, 2009 at 3:19 am
Old Nov 6, 2009, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Suite awards are not bookable online for any Hyatt, so they never show up online. To book a suite award you will have to call the reservations center. Booking a suite should be no problem as long as there is availability.
Thanks for the advice! I'll try that later today.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 7:10 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Originally Posted by yosithezet
The suite is not worth using points,very old style.Try barai suite!!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by irwin8417
The suite is not worth using points,very old style.Try barai suite!!
A free night in the Club/Regency room is 7K points. A free night in the suite is 8K points. You are saying that I should just go for the club room?

I've seen the barai suites and am not sure that I'm that invested for this particular trip. Do they offer them on points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.