Wiki Posts
Search

Gym facilities in Asian Hyatts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2005, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Dia, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Delta Gold
Gym facilities in Asian Hyatts

As I travel more and more throughout Asia, I'm finding a feast or famine with regards to fitness facilities.

HK HR: guestroom converted to a small "executive" style fitness center (only for RC guests): 1 treadmill, some dumbells, etc... This HR did have an agreement with the local California fitness club and then the nearby YMCA, though.

HK GH: Very nice facilities (no hot tub) with a full set of cardio and some pretty good weight machines. Attendants

Shanghai GH: Smallish room but has pretty much all of the equipment that both lifters and cardio nuts would want. Good hot and cold soaking tubs.

Macau HR: Spa area has a full set of machines and free weights, pretty large space. One of the largest hot tubs I've ever seen. A good cool soak tub too.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 8:54 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by macj86
As I travel more and more throughout Asia, I'm finding a feast or famine with regards to fitness facilities.

HK HR: guestroom converted to a small "executive" style fitness center (only for RC guests): 1 treadmill, some dumbells, etc... This HR did have an agreement with the local California fitness club and then the nearby YMCA, though.

HK GH: Very nice facilities (no hot tub) with a full set of cardio and some pretty good weight machines. Attendants

Shanghai GH: Smallish room but has pretty much all of the equipment that both lifters and cardio nuts would want. Good hot and cold soaking tubs.

Macau HR: Spa area has a full set of machines and free weights, pretty large space. One of the largest hot tubs I've ever seen. A good cool soak tub too.
A gajillion previous posts on what I'm about to say, but the PHT club facility is impressive. An OK selection of treadmills, etc - but what a view. And the onsen room is great. Doing the backstroke in the pool has the added benefit of letting you see the glass ceilings and the cool structural beams on top of the tower.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 10:23 am

The Tokyo PH has tremendous views and great pool and the most helpful attendants.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 10:40 am

GH SIN has a great gym, one of the nicest features of the hotel.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 5:02 am

Programs: QF LT Gold, AA LT Plat and SQ bottom feeder..
GH Beijing has a great gym, one of the best indoor pools I have seen EVER.
TV on the cardio equipment

GH Jakarta , very comprehensive cardio set up, TV also available. Weights OK.

GH Seoul, OK. Good on cardio and various sort of massage facility machines (sort of look like medieval torture facilities).

All much bigger than the GH HK , which I avoided because it was always so busy. I am really sorry that the Regency is closing as I enjoyed using the California Fitness and the YMCA option.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 8:12 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
And the best is...

GH Erawan in Bangkok. Large exercise room with video on almost every machine. Great pool, huge hot tub, good steam and sauna.

I did like the GH Beijing's pool, though it is indoors (it was a little cool in October for an outdoor pool in Beijing.)

GH SIN's fitness area was a long walk, though excellent facilities.

HR Johor Bahru has a small fitness room, smallish hot tub and steam room, but a great outdoor pool. The massage was excellent there.

HR Hua Hin also small fitness room but the Thai massage there was one of the best. Pool is great. US$5 per hour massage "beds" on the beach, about 100 meters down the beach from HR, not affiliated with the HR.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Taipei has good setup as does Seoul Airport
Old Dec 19, 2005, 1:22 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
GH Mumbai has a huge gym with lots of equipment and the pool just outside.

HR Delhi also has a nice gym although much smaller.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 2:31 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I'd second that the Grand Hyatt Erawan has a decent gym, actually that whole floor (pool, spa, gym) has been completely redone and is really a notch above the rest of the hotel).

The Park Hyatt Saigon has a great gym with brand new equipment and almost nobody using it. You can open the shutters and look out onto a crazy intersection where the motorbikes are zigzagging through the intersection against the signal (if there is even one). Good entertainment while working out,

The Grand Hyatt Tokyo has a decent gym too.

My biggest gripe is places that dont have the newer treadmills with built in TV monitors, all three of the above mentioned properties have these.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 3 Million Miler, Hyatt GP Diamond
The PH in Seoul has a great gym and good equipment. I think it is one of the best I have seen.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I swim for exercise, which means I need/want a long, square pool without people cutting into my path. Afterwards, I enjoy a fat-man's triathlon: 10 minute sauna, 10 minute jacuzzi, 10 minute steam room. Repeat.

From that perspective, the top hotels for this are the GH Seoul, the GHHK, the PHT, the GHT, and the GH Taipei. The GH Shanghai pool is tiny, the GH Beijing pool is all weird shaped and always packed with annoying families wanting to play tag water polo. The best one is the GH Seoul, with two pools and a large fat-man's area.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:42 am

Programs: Hyatt GP,HHonors,Priority Club,NW Worldperks,SQ,CX
I was recently in GH Jkt - now that's a nice gym, large area and looks out to green lush greenery.

I found out that they just completed with the refurbishment.

Agree that the GH SIN is a long walk. I hear that they will be renovating the entire area, they're doing the eatery currently. The team was quite excited as they going to have a much bigger spa and exercise area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.