50 stays?

Old Dec 13, 05, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold, Valencia VVIP, Hertz President Cirle
50 stays?

Are there any direct (or indirect) benefits of hitting 50 stays in a year, I'm right around the corner from it, my SO has already hit diamond too (we spread stays out).... and I know I'll hit 50 next year too.
Old Dec 14, 05, 10:11 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by ar2fly
Are there any direct (or indirect) benefits of hitting 50 stays in a year, I'm right around the corner from it, my SO has already hit diamond too (we spread stays out).... and I know I'll hit 50 next year too.
Congratulations on your loyalty to Hyatt Hotels and the Gold Passport program
I will assume you are a Diamond member already.There are no additional benefits that I am aware of for doing double the required business for top tier Diamond status.
What I can say is that the good folks at Gold Passport out in Omaha jump through hoops when you need a special favor granted from my many years of doing business with them should such a need arise.

Having been in most of the majors they move mountains for the kind of loyalty you demonstrate.You have simply invested wisely IMO and I can continue to do the same.
It is my hope we can all say the same in 2006
Thankfully they haven't let us down yet! Fingers crossed
Happy Holidays/Cheers
Old Dec 14, 05, 10:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
You receive no extra benefit. That why once I hit 25 stays, I move on to another chain (Starwood this year) to obtain top tier status with them. Let's face it Hyatt has some really nice hotels out there, but if given the choice between Hyatt and some of the European Starwoods, it pays to be Platinum with Starwood as well. Also, Hyatt has a lot of not nice properties in the US. Starwood has better. I also spread my stays to the more premium chains such as Ritz and the Four Seasons.

Just something you might want to think about.
Old Dec 15, 05, 8:12 pm

Programs: AC *SE, UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I just crossed 100 stays for the year. I recall no gift for 50, but maybe something special will come along for 100?

Congrats on your accomplishment.
Old Dec 16, 05, 6:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I agree with this poster. I have 25 stays and move on to other chains. I even "hold" off on my Hyatt stays till a promotion comes along.. does the letters FFN ring a bell ??? LOL.. However it is through this method that I have top tier in all four chains.. and usually one of them has a promo going on where I'm always getting some kind of extra bonus.. right now its a Marriott Double points promo.. so that gets the stays.. In Jan it will be back to the Hyatt for the AX $50 promo unless something better comes along. All chains have this problem.. once you reach top tier.. there isn't any incentive to stay.. barring individual promotions..

Originally Posted by SethLevy
You receive no extra benefit. That why once I hit 25 stays, I move on to another chain (Starwood this year) to obtain top tier status with them. Let's face it Hyatt has some really nice hotels out there, but if given the choice between Hyatt and some of the European Starwoods, it pays to be Platinum with Starwood as well. Also, Hyatt has a lot of not nice properties in the US. Starwood has better. I also spread my stays to the more premium chains such as Ritz and the Four Seasons.

Just something you might want to think about.
Old Dec 17, 05, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I agree with this poster. I have 25 stays and move on to other chains. I even "hold" off on my Hyatt stays till a promotion comes along.. does the letters FFN ring a bell ??? LOL.. However it is through this method that I have top tier in all four chains.. and usually one of them has a promo going on where I'm always getting some kind of extra bonus.. right now its a Marriott Double points promo.. so that gets the stays.. In Jan it will be back to the Hyatt for the AX $50 promo unless something better comes along. All chains have this problem.. once you reach top tier.. there isn't any incentive to stay.. barring individual promotions..
What about Hyatt's lifetime status? Additional stays qualify for that, although it is exceedingly difficult to qualify, since bonus and meeting points apparently do not count.
Old Dec 17, 05, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Its just not worth the effort for me.. i'm just too far away from it so its more valuable to me to have top tier in other chains than go for lifetime status

Originally Posted by agrater
What about Hyatt's lifetime status? Additional stays qualify for that, although it is exceedingly difficult to qualify, since bonus and meeting points apparently do not count.
Old Dec 17, 05, 10:35 am

Heads up on that suggestion agrater

I'm not so sure that is an easy goal for most.
When you look at the percentages of top tier customers across the hotel program landscape and the overall spend of that group it still would be a big deal IMO to achieve that kind of loyalty.
Doing 50 stays a year could take a lot longer to acheive Lifetime Diamond status for most.
According to my most recent call to the good folks at GP that means ten years minimum enrollment in the GP program and one million base points.
Or bottom line $200,000 dollars or more in total spend to achieve the one million base points...........

One should not look at lifetime points earned in their Gold Passport account.
500,000 points could be easily only 40 k in spend for some or a little more on average
But certainly not 200k Bonus points do not qualify

When one looks at earning lifetime Platinum in the American Advantage program in comparison with any 2 million miles earned in the program there is a remarkable difference in the ability to achieve that accomplishment.
Americans lifetime Platinum level can be more easily acheived at 40 k spend on average. Less or more depending on the customer and their purchase pattern
Making the Hyatt acheivement mighty tough for even some of their most loyal customers with many years under their belt.
Probably more information here then you wanted to know !

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jan 5, 06 at 8:58 am
Old Dec 17, 05, 12:34 pm

Location: Baltimore - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond/Courtesy Card, UA 2M
Of course additional stays accumulate more points, but the number of stays is irrelevant towards lifetime Diamond status.

BTW, this is my 16th consecutive Diamond year, although I just barely made it. I was so disappointed with the treatment provided me at the Coconut Pointe property, that I have spread my stays much more this year. Hyatt has definitely lost 5 figures of revenue from me this year because of those imbeciles.

Anybody else in double digits for consecutive Diamond years?
Old Dec 18, 05, 6:00 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
well, since FFN is done for the only thing you get for the extra stays are the nice service, maybe some G1/G2/G3 bonus and currently the AMEX $50 coupon..
Old Dec 27, 05, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold, Valencia VVIP, Hertz President Cirle
Thanks all! For me, most my Hyatt stays are already determined by others (PH SF) or I just strongly prefer Hyatt in that location (like Seattle Grand)... though I do share with Fairmont in Seattle. Westin's definitely not as nice in Seattle. I was SPG Platinum until I jumped ship to Hyatt.

I've only been Hyatt since 2002 I think, Diamond every year, I had a previous membership and used to go to Hyatt a lot in the late 90's but wasn't consistent on using the number. And I'm only 1/3 of the way to the base points requirement... I assume there's no way of getting Courtesy Card without first being a Lifetime I guess, but I have 40+ more years of travel a head of me... so I'd love to just get to the perks now ;-)

Again, thanks for all the comments!
Old Jan 5, 06, 8:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
Originally Posted by divaof travel
Of course additional stays accumulate more points, but the number of stays is irrelevant towards lifetime Diamond status.

BTW, this is my 16th consecutive Diamond year, although I just barely made it. I was so disappointed with the treatment provided me at the Coconut Pointe property, that I have spread my stays much more this year. Hyatt has definitely lost 5 figures of revenue from me this year because of those imbeciles.

Anybody else in double digits for consecutive Diamond years?
I thought the whole point of lifetime diamond status is you didn't need to qualify! Sound a little fishy to me.

I would recommend putting aside your anger and return to Coconut Pointe. I was there recently and was given the Presidential Suite...absolutely stunning with numerous balaconies. Also, Tony in the RC remembered my drink preferences (from five months ago) and prepared it without my asking.

They are just awesome. Let me know when you want to return and I will have Tony and his staff spoil you !!
Old Jan 5, 06, 10:36 am

Thanks all! For me, most my Hyatt stays are already determined by others (PH SF) or I just strongly prefer Hyatt in that location (like Seattle Grand)... though I do share with Fairmont in Seattle. Westin's definitely not as nice in Seattle. I was SPG Platinum until I jumped ship to Hyatt.

I've only been Hyatt since 2002 I think, Diamond every year, I had a previous membership and used to go to Hyatt a lot in the late 90's but wasn't consistent on using the number. And I'm only 1/3 of the way to the base points requirement... I assume there's no way of getting Courtesy Card without first being a Lifetime I guess, but I have 40+ more years of travel a head of me... so I'd love to just get to the perks now ;-)

Again, thanks for all the comments!

I go back to the days when there was no Hyatt in Downtown Seattle. The Westin or the Four Seasons(now Fairmont?) were the main game in town. The Westin probably needs some renovation work after all these years.
In fact I liked the Grand Hyatt Seattle so much I don't even want to consider the W or the Westin now……
The Grand Hyatt in Seattle today is an excellent property and in my experience they did a spectacular job while I was in house with superb Diamond recognition.
I have never been in a W with that kind of experience ever..........and I like the W brand

I used to stay in the Presidential suite of the Westin Seattle occasionally as a Westin Premier Gold and it was truly spectacular. The block long suite with sweeping city views of the Space Needle and the bay with the sun setting still holds amazing memories.That was easily six or seven years ago

FYI I believe the Courtesy Card is an invitation only recognition level and can only be issued to select folks through the Hyatt corporate office.
There are no rules/terms in Gold Passport that being in the program and earning lifetime Diamond will grant you down the road the possibility of earning that invitation too.....

My key to success in or out of Hyatt Hotels is choosing hotels wisely that I like to stay in.
By and large in my own experience the Hyatt customer service is amongst the best in the industry consistently for all the decades I have been traveling. It's rare when I see a hotel fail seriously as I did over this past holiday at one such hotel.
More often then not they simply find the right folks for the job that build relationships
Happy spending on the way to lifetime Diamond

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jan 5, 06 at 10:38 am
Old Jan 5, 06, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by bas5838
...Also, Tony in the RC remembered my drink preferences (from five months ago) and prepared it without my asking.

They are just awesome. Let me know when you want to return and I will have Tony and his staff spoil you !!
I was told that employees are able to enter your preferences into a database. They get a list of guests for the day of your arrival and are able to see any notes about you. They also sometimes get a photo for their files so they know who you are when they see you. I find that really interesting, but also scary.
Old Jan 7, 06, 8:12 pm

Scare dept

Originally Posted by Tummy
I was told that employees are able to enter your preferences into a database. They get a list of guests for the day of your arrival and are able to see any notes about you. They also sometimes get a photo for their files so they know who you are when they see you. I find that really interesting, but also scary.
They also might red flag difficult guests.So behave all and be nice
I have my name on a plaque now in one hotel after last week.
There is a red flag waving over my name as we speak

By and large its a positive thing at most the hotels.
At the Hyatt in Irvine on one such stay they noted I like a refrigerator in the room.I barely entered the room and there was a knock on the door with a staff member delivering one.On the next stay there it was waiting for me when I opened the door.
Its all in the details but details matter and I find Hyatt on average better then most of the chains.
I was unaware of the photo op I will certainly ask some of the folks I know about that one.I would be very interested if that is factual info

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jan 7, 06 at 8:16 pm

Search this Thread