Wiki Posts
Search

GH San Fran. RC info

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2005, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
GH San Fran. RC info

I just booked a room for mid Jan. for a Sun-Tues leisure trip but am wondering if the RC is too crowded to be enjoyable, especially in the morning for breakfast? The rates are pretty reasonable for our dates and we're getting the AX $50 coupon but maybe the AAA breakfast rate would be better? Are the rooms much better on the RC level? Thanks
Old Dec 12, 2005, 5:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by Jac747
I just booked a room for mid Jan. for a Sun-Tues leisure trip but am wondering if the RC is too crowded to be enjoyable, especially in the morning for breakfast? The rates are pretty reasonable for our dates and we're getting the AX $50 coupon but maybe the AAA breakfast rate would be better? Are the rooms much better on the RC level? Thanks

Its been some time since I was there, but I remember the RC as being good but somewhat crowded.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
I've had two recent stays, both on Sunday nights.

At least on Sunday night and Monday morning the club was not overly crowded and always had tables free. The evening appetizer selection is quite good, and the breakfast has no hot food but does have a nice selection of continental items. In the evening the honor bar is pretty reasonable - $4 for wine and $6 for mixed drinks. They have good coffee and a selection of mineral water.

The views are spectacular by day and by night.

I've not been in a non-club room. The club rooms are comfortable but have a slightly dated feeling and are not particularly large.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA2mm,HGPdiamond, AAExPlat, MarriottGold
The rooms by tier, are all the same, only the floors differ. Most rooms are on the small side but comfortable. The views are good in most directions from the upper floors. The amenities may be better on the RC floors (one usually gets lotion on the RC floors). Some of the suites on the 34th(?) floor are wonderful!

In my experience, the weekends are worse than during the week in the RC Lounge. Also, the AAA Breakf plan is usually available with the HYCARD promo. You can still get juice and coffee in the RC lounge but a hot substantial breakfast up in the 36th floor restaurant (Great views) -Grandviews, I think is it's name.

Rooms are bigger at the Hyatt Regency Embarkadero and really nice at the PArk Hyatt but the location for shopping and theatre is best at GH on Union Sq. Enjoy!!
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
We were just there for 1 night this past weekend. We were in the RCC from about 9:00 to 9:45 Sunday morning. People were coming and going, but it was never more than about 3/4 full (in terms of table occupied) at any one time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.