Wiki Posts
Search

Long Beach vs. Century Plaza

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2005, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Long Beach vs. Century Plaza

I am going to be in the LA area in a couple weeks. I have read the threads on the Century Plaza and Long Beach Hyatts. I would like to know, from someone who has stayed at both, which would you choose. Neither of these locations is close to my destination, and I will have to drive to Redondo Beach, regardless. Was wondering if anyone can make a recommendation based on this.

Thanks for your assistance.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by abezebabe
I am going to be in the LA area in a couple weeks. I have read the threads on the Century Plaza and Long Beach Hyatts. I would like to know, from someone who has stayed at both, which would you choose. Neither of these locations is close to my destination, and I will have to drive to Redondo Beach, regardless. Was wondering if anyone can make a recommendation based on this.

Thanks for your assistance.
I haven't stayed at either, however living in L.A I would stay at the Hyatt Long Beach because that is quite a bit closer than century plaza.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 8:39 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I diiffer... would stay in Century Ctiy.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 9:09 pm

Long Beach versus Century City

I would choose the Century City. I've stayed at both hotels and prefer the Century City Hyatt (stayed there when it was a Westin). The rooms are better as are the excellent spa and pool areas. However, the Long Beach Hyatt is also quite comfortable if that's a better location for you.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:32 am

Commuter traffic from Long Beach to Redondo Beach is better than from Century City fo Redondo Beach in both the morning and the especially the evening. Long Beach has nice ocean views and is more relaxing, however Century City is closer to Beverly Hills, West LA, and is more city-like, which means better restaurants and people-watching, etc. Depends what kind of experience you're looking for.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calvin
Commuter traffic from Long Beach to Redondo Beach is better than from Century City fo Redondo Beach in both the morning and the especially the evening. Long Beach has nice ocean views and is more relaxing, however Century City is closer to Beverly Hills, West LA, and is more city-like, which means better restaurants and people-watching, etc. Depends what kind of experience you're looking for.

This is a biz trip, and I really don't plan on doing alot of the above, THIS time. So, you have raised a very valid point that I think will lean me toward Long Beach in terms of the traffic/location as it relates to Redondo Beach. Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2005, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

How about Century City & Long Beach??

I can't believe no one suggested this, and while I told myself I would not do both, now that I have gotten my grubby little hands on my first $50 gift card, I am really considering staying at both, (one night at each). I can take advantage of the NEWEST promo code for CC which is 1,500, plus I think there is another G code + Diamond Amenity + $50 gift card. I already have rez at both locations, and I was going back and forth, but the more I think about it, what's one long drive (CC) vs. 2? Unless, based on my location of Redondo Beach, someone would recommend another location in addition to Long Beach.????

If not, I'm pretty sold that I will stay at 2 diff locations while out there. So many Hyatts, so little time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.