FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Diamonds get last choice for room preference at Hyatt Irvine (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/496807-diamonds-get-last-choice-room-preference-hyatt-irvine.html)

YYZC2 Nov 25, 2005 7:07 pm

Diamonds get last choice for room preference at Hyatt Irvine

Just arrived at the Hyatt Irvine with my month-old, pre-paid hyatt.com reservation for a double room in hand. This will be Hyatt stay number #37 for 2005.

Guess what? No doubles left, due a group of kids in town for a soccer tournament, all of whom the front desk says booked after me, taking up all the doubles. They can only get me into a king (no, not a club king). Oh, and they can't get me a rollaway either - seems the kids have gotten all of those, too. I guess the Hyatt expects me to sleep with my girlfriend and my (common-law) mother-in-law tonight.

The front desk says they will "try" to get the situation sorted out before we get back from dinner. Gee, thanks. :rolleyes:

Best regards from the Hyatt Irvine, where your loyalty apparently counts for nothing.

gregorygrady Nov 25, 2005 7:20 pm

I'd ask them for 2 King rooms. If (especially as a Diamond) you booked 2 doubles and they don't have that available, the least they can do is give you either 2 Kings. Or as a last resort walk you to a 2 Doubles at the Newporter (if that is acceptable to you).

jayer Nov 25, 2005 7:33 pm

I'd ask them to walk me to the Hyatt Newporter and leave the MOL in Irvine. Then again I'd never book in the same room to start with.

holtju2 Nov 25, 2005 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by YYZC2
Best regards from the Hyatt Irvine, where your loyalty apparently counts for nothing.

IMHO the Hyatt Irvine is the WORST Hyatt in LA area that comes to Diamond recognition. I will be checking in there very late tonight.

Last Friday when I requested corner room the girl at the front desk asked if I would like to pay $30 for the UPGRADE. I told her to go to have a chat with the Front Desk manager whether they can upgrade Diamond members. After disappearing to the back room for a minute or two she came back with my room key for requested corner room.

It is beyond of my understanding why they don’t have you key package ready when you check in. I have also lost my faith to their room “allocations” to Diamond members.

The only thing going for the Irvine is the G2 bonus points but even then I am not sure whether it is worth the aggravation.

peteropny Nov 26, 2005 8:05 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
IMHO the Hyatt Irvine is the WORST Hyatt in LA area that comes to Diamond recognition. I will be checking in there very late tonight.

Last Friday when I requested corner room the girl at the front desk asked if I would like to pay $30 for the UPGRADE. I told her to go to have a chat with the Front Desk manager whether they can upgrade Diamond members. After disappearing to the back room for a minute or two she came back with my room key for requested corner room.

It is beyond of my understanding why they don’t have you key package ready when you check in. I have also lost my faith to their room “allocations” to Diamond members.

The only thing going for the Irvine is the G2 bonus points but even then I am not sure whether it is worth the aggravation.

Sounds like the Park Chicago with regards to room "allocations" for Diamonds.

777 global mile hound Nov 28, 2005 1:24 pm

Greetings all,

Hope everybody here had a nice holiday.

I haven’t been to this property in a number of months so I can’t comment on the very recent experiences.Sorry to hear the reports though.
My suggestion would be to contact the Hyatt Guest Relations department and forward your concerns along.
You might also consider dropping a note to the property first. That is my own preferred way of handling these kinds of matters where possible. It has been my experience that the Hyatt properties do like to hear your feedback not just the negative ;) Good chance they will nip it in the bud and make things right.......

Thankfully I find the lack of recognition quite rare with Hyatt in my travels.
What I can say for certain is that Hyatt Irvine has a very fine General Manager who is an above the boards kind fellow.

Most Hyatt properties have treated me consistently well as a Diamond member over the past half decade. I have only seen those percentages improve during that stretch. Especially when I compare that track record to the other majors out there. There is more right then wrong with Gold Passport recognition.
No program though is free from such occasional occurrences.

Back on topic the former front office manager of Hyatt Irvine (Ryan) was a class act. A new replacement now fills his shoes. I have not had the pleasure of speaking with the new recruit.

All in all IMO I believe this is a caring property with concern for your business . It is my suggestion to just strengthen the communication with the property. They have always gone the extra mile for me if at all possible.
I will bet you your next stay will be most likely brilliant if you do.
Don’t miss a lunch or dinner there in the very fine restaurant.One of my favorites in or out of a hotel in the area. Simple well prepared seafood.
Cheers