Most Affordable Hyatt's FFN Last Days!!

Old Nov 27, 05, 4:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt, United, Marriott
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The 1k diamond amenity? Or some other 1k promotional bonus?
I meant the amenity bonus. I see now that some are. I'll have to call in and request it.
Old Nov 27, 05, 6:41 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
I wonder if a manager could be convinced to charge a member for a PS in Nov. with the understanding that the manager would slip the member into a room in Dec. when s/he legitimately needs to stay.
Old Nov 27, 05, 10:14 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Brendan
I wonder if a manager could be convinced to charge a member for a PS in Nov. with the understanding that the manager would slip the member into a room in Dec. when s/he legitimately needs to stay.
Probably not - and don't forget the AMEX promotion that Hyatt is starting on Dec 1st - not quite as good but still a great deal.
Old Nov 28, 05, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
While not the best rate I've ever used, the Atlanta Regency downtown has $89 through Sunday (checking out Monday). The best part is the bonus for the property:

ATLR3K = 3000 GP Bonus
G2 = 2000 GP Bonus

So that's 5000 bonus points on top of the regular earning. Then, with the Diamond Ammenity, you get almost 1 free night on points plus 1 FFN with 2 stays. And since Sunday is usually more expensive, it is a great last-ditch FFN effort.

All in the rate is $102 and some change, but I think it's well worth it given the available bonus points. You will have to call and get the bonuses applied most likely, but it's worth the effort for 5k gp.

Happy Hyatting this holiday. =)
My stay just posted with the 5k bonus ponts. This is by far the best deal for phantom stays. I do have one questoin. I know where the G2 is posted on hyatt.com, however where is the ATLR3K mentioned?
Old Nov 28, 05, 1:44 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by coiaflyer
My stay just posted with the 5k bonus ponts. This is by far the best deal for phantom stays. I do have one questoin. I know where the G2 is posted on hyatt.com, however where is the ATLR3K mentioned?
My post here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456188 .
Old Nov 29, 05, 10:24 am
formerly known as CARTflagman

Originally Posted by Brendan
I have just used 1-800-CHECK IN for a Phantom Stay at DTC because I wanna use the resulting FFN at the $398 gross buxanite Hyatt Savannah GA for St. Patrick's DAy.
I have already received my extension.

Thank U all. This is my first Phantom Stay. There are no Hyatts near me, so a mattress run is impractical. Too bad that FFN earning season ends Nov. 30 because I expect to stay at a Hyatt for real on Dec. 8.
Last year St. Patrick's Day was on March 17th... did you forget that you can only use FFNs until the end of January?

CF
Old Nov 29, 05, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Prem, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold
I know a lot of you did phantom stays at Fair Lakes over the weekend due to the $75 rate and g2 bonus. I'm wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting their Fair Lakes stays to post? I only had 1 -- 11/26, and it hasn't posted, even though 2 since have. They did charge me, but it was a hyatt.com rate. I'm almost afraid something went wrong with my 1800checkin and I'm not going to get credit. That will leave me with 1 stay short of another FFN, which is what I really wanted!

Anyone else having problems with this? Even my stay on Thanksgiving has posted despite my having to call the hotel to check in! This is frustrating! Previous Fair Lakes stays have posted fine. Is this a fluke, or did we bombard them too much with Thanksgiving $75 stays?
Old Nov 29, 05, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Prem, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny

I also got a postcard from the hotel letting me know about it. I'm a previous guest, so I'm sure that's why they graced me with a postcard. =)

The points are good through 12/30, so if anyone is looking at ATL, that is a good deal!
Old Nov 29, 05, 7:36 pm

I had a PS on Fair Lakes on the 25th. Call the 1800CHECKIN and received room assignment. The stay never posted. Called the hotel this morning and requested to fax over the receipt which state NO SHOW. To add insult to injury, the CC was wrongly charged for $130 when I made the hyatt.com rate. And my CC was charged again on 26th for the $75+tax. Not good. My other stay to qualify the FFN is also PS...So wasted two nights for nothing....
Old Nov 29, 05, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Folks... what other chain lets their guests get away with this? I wouldn't draw any attention to it.

You took your chances, and hey, most times it works, but sometimes it doesn't. This time it didn't.

Did it work perfectly for me every time? No. Am I going to say anthing about it. Heck no.

JMHO and 2 cents.
Old Nov 29, 05, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
This whole forum draws attention to Phantom stays.. LOL.. its not like they don't know about it.. I don't think a few more threads on top of the hundreds already posted are going to make Hyatt wake up and say.. hey look what they are doing.. phantom stays.. how long has this been going on..

they love it.. 100% occupancy.. and no one there.. the perfect storm for a hotel

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Folks... what other chain lets their guests get away with this? I wouldn't draw any attention to it.

You took your chances, and hey, most times it works, but sometimes it doesn't. This time it didn't.

Did it work perfectly for me every time? No. Am I going to say anthing about it. Heck no.

JMHO and 2 cents.
Old Nov 29, 05, 9:41 pm
sy7

I had a PS at Fair Lakes on 11/25, and it posted fine, including the G2 bonus. (I did 1-800-CHECKIN that morning, and got a room assignment). No Mastercard notation, but that is easily fixed, since apparently hyatt.com rates need to have that manually added almost all the time.

However, I also had a PS at DTC for 11/24 which didn't post (I forgot to call to checkin) which I'm not going to bother about, since it turned out that I had an unexpected additional Hyatt stay which gets me enough FFN.

Anyway, I agree that Hyatt must know about phantom stays. However, I don't know if it is wise to pursue those PS that don't post as intended (except perhaps those from DTC, since obviously they welcome and understand the extra business!).
Old Nov 29, 05, 9:43 pm

No, this is not the first time I didn't get the stay credit either. But this time I also got double charged and need to spend time to straightend it out. Nothing wrong to vent a little. I wasn't bashing Hyatt or anything execpt some ugly "Smilies".
Old Nov 29, 05, 9:55 pm
sy7

Originally Posted by OnePassLover
No, this is not the first time I didn't get the stay credit either. But this time I also got double charged and need to spend time to straightend it out. Nothing wrong to vent a little. I wasn't bashing Hyatt or anything execpt some ugly "Smilies".
Yeah, I would also be upset with the double charge and the time needed to straighten it out (not to mention the disappointment of the failure of the stay to post--but you still have one more day to make it up...). Anyway, my worst previous Hyatt experience has been the Indian Wells Hyatt charging my credit card 3 months after my award stay--without even bothering to inform me of it! I had to call them to straighten it out, but not before I panicked over this mystery charge and called up my credit card company to change my account number, which led to more hassle since I then needed to update all the direct payments I had linked to that card. However, overall Hyatt has been very generous so I'm willing to overlook the occasional hiccups.
Old Nov 29, 05, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by sy7
I had a PS at Fair Lakes on 11/25, and it posted fine, including the G2 bonus. (I did 1-800-CHECKIN that morning, and got a room assignment). No Mastercard notation, but that is easily fixed, since apparently hyatt.com rates need to have that manually added almost all the time.

However, I also had a PS at DTC for 11/24 which didn't post (I forgot to call to checkin) which I'm not going to bother about, since it turned out that I had an unexpected additional Hyatt stay which gets me enough FFN.

Anyway, I agree that Hyatt must know about phantom stays. However, I don't know if it is wise to pursue those PS that don't post as intended (except perhaps those from DTC, since obviously they welcome and understand the extra business!).
Same itinerary (it was you in both RCs ):
FairLakes on 11/25 - posted OK but without MC and G2
DTC on 11/24 also without MC (was asked of my real intentions during check in).
Called GP this morning, rep said she had several people calling to add MC for Thanksgiving DTC stays . Got all codes added.
This is pretty funny.

Search this Thread