Most Affordable Hyatt's FFN Last Days!!

Old Nov 24, 05, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
800-check-in is open today, thanksgiving. I waited about 10 minutes. Agents was rather short with me, after I said Denvver Tech, she asked my name and put me on hold. Next thing I knew she had connected me to the hotel's manager. The manager first asked for the last 4 didgits of my MC and then said "you are just doing the FFN, right?" "I just want to make sure you are not actually coming." I said yes, I will not be staying there tonight. I felt a bit wierd. He then said, "not a problem" and laughed. I laughed and asked him if a lot of people did what I was doing. He said "you wouldn't believe the extra revenue we get each FFN period".

You gotta love his attitude.
Old Nov 24, 05, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Prem, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold
1800checkin is actually closed. There is a guy there answering the phone, but he just puts you through to the hotel directly. It's poor customer service on hyatt's part. They should have a few agents on site to do that job. They do afterall still have res agents working. It isn't like the whole thing is closed. At the very least, they should have let us know by posting it on the web or something. The Hyatt GP person on this board could also have anounced it. Bad for Hyatt in my eyes not to consider the customer at this time.

Let's just hope it's back up tomorrow.
Old Nov 24, 05, 9:43 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
1800checkin is actually closed.

Let's just hope it's back up tomorrow.
One of my 1-800 Angels said she will be working tomorrow (Friday) so I believe it will be...
Old Nov 24, 05, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by SethLevy
800-check-in is open today, thanksgiving. I waited about 10 minutes. Agents was rather short with me, after I said Denvver Tech, she asked my name and put me on hold. Next thing I knew she had connected me to the hotel's manager. The manager first asked for the last 4 didgits of my MC and then said "you are just doing the FFN, right?" "I just want to make sure you are not actually coming." I said yes, I will not be staying there tonight. I felt a bit wierd. He then said, "not a problem" and laughed. I laughed and asked him if a lot of people did what I was doing. He said "you wouldn't believe the extra revenue we get each FFN period".

So that was the guy I spoke to?

I thought it was odd I was placed on hold by the woman who answered the phone and then a man came on the line.

He also wanted to know the last 4 digits of my card number, which normally isn't the case.
Old Nov 25, 05, 10:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
1800 Dtc

Checked in at around 10pm CST with no problem last night. Waited for about 10 minutes, but check-in was fast and courteous.
Old Nov 26, 05, 4:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
DTC Did Not Post

Did anyone's 11/24/05 DTC stay post. Mine did not.
Old Nov 26, 05, 6:03 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
I have just used 1-800-CHECK IN for a Phantom Stay at DTC because I wanna use the resulting FFN at the $398 gross buxanite Hyatt Savannah GA for St. Patrick's DAy.
I have already received my extension.

Thank U all. This is my first Phantom Stay. There are no Hyatts near me, so a mattress run is impractical. Too bad that FFN earning season ends Nov. 30 because I expect to stay at a Hyatt for real on Dec. 8.
Old Nov 26, 05, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Smile

I too was transferred directly to the hotel for the Check-in process but actually got a very nice lady at the front desk who checked me in. I actually called in the next day to check-out and got someone in the Front Office (not the Front Desk) who made a comment about me using 1-800-Check-In, asked for the last 4 digits of my credit card and then thanked me VERY MUCH for the business. I had been wondering if this place will continue to be a Hyatt property much longer as they are opening a new Hyatt downtown but maybe with all of our "phantom stays" we'll keep them in business!!
Old Nov 27, 05, 12:19 am

Did anyone's 11/24/05 DTC stay post. Mine did not.
My stay has posted, but without the reference to "Mastercard Charge". I will have to phone in and get this detail added in.
Old Nov 27, 05, 3:26 am

Programs: Hyatt, United, Marriott
Anyone have luck collecting the 1K check-in bonus at the DTC?
Old Nov 27, 05, 3:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by forcemejure
Anyone have luck collecting the 1K check-in bonus at the DTC?
The 1k diamond amenity? Or some other 1k promotional bonus?
Old Nov 27, 05, 6:23 am

Programs: AA3MMEXP, BAGold,UA1MMPremGold,FBSilver, MarriottAmb, AccorPlat, HHGold, ICPlatAmb, HyattDiscoverist
I was on hold for a VERY long time on Thanksgiving day, and was then disconnected. Called back and was on hold for an even LONGER time, when I gave up and called the Diamond reservations number, which told me 1800checkin was closed for the holiday. Since I'd heard that a Hyatt representative would be with me shortly a total of about 85 times on my two calls, I suggested it would be nice if they advised callers that the line was closed. In any event, they put me through to the hotel, and I was delighted to be checked in by phone. I have been asked for the last four digits on all my 1800checkin calls recently. I haven't checked my posted stays yet.
Old Nov 27, 05, 9:01 am

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Got tied up with the holidays and all, looks like I missed the sub $70 rates anywhere. The cheapest I'm seeing is San Jose at $99. Anyone see ANYTHING less. Will be a PS(I hope that really works. Does it have to be a H.com rate or does AAA work?)

Need one more night to earn my 5th FFN for this promo. Earned 9( from real stays) last year, only used 3 of those have scaled wayyyyyy back this go round. No point in helping Hyatt out that much

TIA
\\//\\//

Last edited by windwalker; Nov 27, 05 at 9:30 am
Old Nov 27, 05, 11:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
My stay has posted, but without the reference to "Mastercard Charge". I will have to phone in and get this detail added in.
Mine posted this morning, with the 1k amenity bonus, but without the MC notation. I will have to call CS today and have it added.
Old Nov 27, 05, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
removed...

Last edited by Snoopyo; Nov 27, 05 at 8:27 pm

Search this Thread