FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Wedding Perks? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/493125-wedding-perks.html)

coiaflyer Nov 14, 2005 2:27 pm

Wedding Perks?

I am a diamond member and I am considering having a wedding reception at the Hyatt Long Beach. I was wondering if anybody had any experiences with hosting a meeting/wedding at the Hyatt. I was wondering if anyone has been successful at negotiating the minimum spending amount threshold or getting any discounts on the food or the fee for the ballroom. Any advice would be much appreciated.

BoulderHyattHopper Nov 18, 2005 4:33 pm

congratulations and definitely!

I would play the card over and over and over with everyone you talk to!

Play the "I am a Diamond Card and that is why I chose to have my wedding at the Hyatt" a lot!

We had 8 people at our wedding, so not a big deal. But we did our honeymoon at the Hyatt Kauai and trust us, used the Diamond Card a lot. At that point, there was not the guaranteed upgrade to RC. We were able to get GP to make an exception based on our honeymoon because we were diamonds. No offense but how many Diamond are there???

I would be interested to know how it helps, but would never use it, since I am not getting married again. Maybe a 25th anniversary wedding renewal reception! Or like we saw at the DTC, "A Celebration of Life Party" instead of a morbid funeral lunch. It was rocking. The man was only 50 and planned this big party for himself with lots of music and dancing and food and drink!

gregorygrady Nov 18, 2005 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by BoulderHyattHopper
Or like we saw at the DTC, "A Celebration of Life Party" instead of a morbid funeral lunch. It was rocking.

DTC was probably holding that "Celebration" for me. They must have figured I died since I made all those reservations but never showed up. And then I stopped making reservations at DTC (little beknownst to them it was actually because their rates went up and they got rid of the G2 bonus) so then they KNEW I must have died. So they were probably celebrating cuz they extracted so much $$$ out of my wallet and I've never even set foot on their property. ;)
Suckers............... :D

divaof travel Nov 20, 2005 5:25 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
DTC was probably holding that "Celebration" for me. They must have figured I died since I made all those reservations but never showed up. And then I stopped making reservations at DTC (little beknownst to them it was actually because their rates went up and they got rid of the G2 bonus) so then they KNEW I must have died. So they were probably celebrating cuz they extracted so much $$$ out of my wallet and I've never even set foot on their property. ;)
Suckers............... :D

Congratulations on your recovery. I was worried you wouldn't pull through.