Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Are "checkin amenity points" offered for FFN stays?

Old Nov 8, 05, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver

I will be staying at the NYC Hyatt using FFN award. As a diamond, will I be offered 1000 checkin amenity points? Pls advise, thanks!
Old Nov 8, 05, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I will be staying at the NYC Hyatt using FFN award. As a diamond, will I be offered 1000 checkin amenity points? Pls advise, thanks!
Theoretically yes. I haven't tested this on my stays yet but I recall somebody posting that the amenity points hadn't posted when the stay had been ineligible for points.

Better drink the amenity I guess, at least when on award/Priceline stays! (I was actually just delivered the Diamond amenity of bottle of red wine and the cheese plate couple of minutes ago.)
Old Nov 8, 05, 10:49 pm

The 1W bonus is a long shot to post on any stay,paid or award.

I got the 1W points on a 5 night FFN + 2 night points stay in Sept.

Last edited by bbbb; Nov 8, 05 at 10:55 pm
Old Nov 9, 05, 9:24 am

Programs: Hyatt - Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I have received the 1000 amenity on one of my FFN stay; the other FFN used the hotel did not offer the 1000 points on their amenity card. I did have to call CS to get the first 1000 points to post to my account.
Old Nov 9, 05, 9:51 am

I had an FFN stay and the 1k points didn't post. I called CS & they "made an exception" to allow me to earn those diamond amenity points. They shouldn't offer that amenity card on award reservations if they will not honor it. However, could've been just an uninformed rep.
Old Nov 9, 05, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by subdawg
They shouldn't offer that amenity card on award reservations if they will not honor it.

Don't start wishing for things you don't really mean!!!!

You might give them ideas...............

Last edited by gregorygrady; Nov 9, 05 at 11:54 am
Old Nov 11, 05, 4:16 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Lightbulb According to management

Greetings all,

The positive word from the good folks at Hyatt GP out in Omaha
(Or to the best of their understanding at the time when we spoke)
Is that if you are taking a Faster Free Night or award stay on points you may request and are entitled to your welcome amenity points at check in.
Just as you normally would by selecting any of the other choices featured on the Diamond amenity card

There is still a tad bit of confusion in the hotels and on the phones at present with select CS agents at Hyatt GP.
Also a small handful of properties saying they never heard of the Diamond point amenity option, that it doesn't exist or that award stays are simply not possible with the point option.

Don't let this rattle you.....feel free to speak with one of their excellent team supervisors politely at Gold Passport if the answer doesn't seem right or the request not honored

IMO when it is a posting problem it may be some small grey area left over from the new changes that took place this past May.
Some of it inherit in the way the system might/can rejects entries at present.
I had one stay portfolio asterisked that disallowed an AAA stay rate as ineligible.
Believe we all just need a little more time and patience till all get their procedures and training more firmly in place.

I know for certain at Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum members get the 500 points or miles
as a welcome Platinum amenity choice revenue or award.
And they too have a habit at times where they don't always post even with hotels that are well oiled in their procedures from the past long term policy.

I wouldn't sweat the small stuff.
Have always found the GP customer service agents ready to jump into action and add it to the account with a At least the majority
The point amenity option many seem to agree is a true overall enhancement for Diamond members.
Continue to enjoy your stays at Hyatt.......and many more points

Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 14, 05 at 1:01 pm
Old Nov 11, 05, 4:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
I did not get 1000 points on a Priceline stay which is credited similarly to FFN. Most of the time I don't take the points. I would expect that they do not intend to give 1000 points for FFN and award stays and they would not post automatically. I assume that they are making exceptions when you call in because the system currently offers that option when you check in and you chose it instead of a food and beverage option. Crazy thing is there is probably thousands or FFN stays this promotion by Diamonds choosing 1000 points and not even realizing that they are getting nothing.
Old Nov 11, 05, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by westcoastman
I did not get 1000 points on a Priceline stay which is credited similarly to FFN. Most of the time I don't take the points. I would expect that they do not intend to give 1000 points for FFN and award stays and they would not post automatically. I assume that they are making exceptions when you call in because the system currently offers that option when you check in and you chose it instead of a food and beverage option. Crazy thing is there is probably thousands or FFN stays this promotion by Diamonds choosing 1000 points and not even realizing that they are getting nothing.
I don't think these are exceptions and have never been told as such.
It cost less for the hotels to have Hyatt post 1000 points then to have labor delivering trays of wine and other food and beverage at all various hours and then the pick up and removal and clean up of such.

Being a welcome amenity is I will assume being offered to third party and opaque booking customers I can think of no reason why they would deny this.
Of course that would best be taken up with the right parties out in Omaha in CS.
Unless there is something in writing that says members will lose the right too in house benefits during their stay.
IMO it is best not to second guess but put a call in to clarify the question more fully.......If you earned your Diamond status which is certalinly harder to do then ever before by all means ask.The worst they can say is no
IMO you certainly deserve it but then I don't make the final decisions so ignor my comments fully

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 11, 05 at 4:51 pm
Old Nov 12, 05, 1:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Prem, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold
The way I see it is probably the same as most of you.

1. Diamond members are entitled to an amenity upon checkin regardless of rate paid.
2. 1000 bonus miles are an optional amenity.
3. Diamond members should get the 1000 points if they so choose as their arrival amenity.

We do have a GP representative on this board, and she should so clarify this instead of us guessing.

However, the diamond amenity points are not any sort of bonus (gp3 and the like). Instead, it is in fact an amenity afforded to all diamond members at checkin. If we choose the points over the wine and cheese, then that should be our perrogative, and we should not get any grief about it.

These points are different than the bonus points (g1, g2, g3) because they are not tied into an applicable rate. Instead, they are a bonus for us to stay just like the cookies, cheese, fruit, wine, etc. We are as entitled to the points as we are the food if that is what we choose.

And if Hyatt doesn't see it that way, then their customer committment has truly flown south for the winter.

Just my 2 cents.
Old Nov 12, 05, 9:21 am

Cool Couldn't have said it any better

[QUOTE=chicaloca453

1. Diamond members are entitled to an amenity upon checkin regardless of rate paid.
2. 1000 bonus miles are an optional amenity.
3. Diamond members should get the 1000 points if they so choose as their arrival amenity.

Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

And I didn't Well said
However I assume you mean points on number two

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 14, 05 at 1:05 pm
Old Nov 14, 05, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA ex-1K, SPG ex-Plat, Hyatt ex-Diamond, Hilton ex-Diamond, Marriott ex-Plat, Avis Chairman
I called CS about a missing 1W code on a FFN stay a week or two ago. Since there wasn't any eligible charged on the stay (parking doesn't count), the stay itself was not posted with any kind of points. The CS rep had to make a phony $0.01 charge then attach the 1W code. I was not charged for that $0.01 of course.
Old Nov 16, 05, 9:07 pm

I just had 2 FFN stays this past weekend. And like the G1/G2/G3 bonuses, a lot of times the front desk staff will somehow "forget" to add the bonus or it will mysteriously dissappear between check-in and check-out. This happened during 1 of my 2 stays this weekend. I have no idea how this always happens to me, but it does for some reason. The most important thing you can do (and I would like to DOUBLE STRESS this) is:

When checking out, make SURE that there is a "1W" listed in the "Bonuses" box in the upper right corner of the folio. Do not leave the hotel without the 1W in that box. Once it is in there and I have checked out, I have never had a problem with it mysteriously dissappearing after checkout. I use this same strategy for G1/G2/G3 bonuses because they often mysteriously dissappear as well. However, if you forget you can always call Hyatt after the stay. I have NEVER had a problem with Hyatt C.S. posting a bonus that I was eligible for.
Old Nov 19, 05, 1:29 pm

Are G codes applied for FFN stays?

I read the above thread and I'm a little confused now.

I was wondering are the G1/2/3 codes posted to your account even when staying on a FFN stay? I'm just wondering as I'm using 2 stays this week in Seattle and Vancouver and I of course like to know as much information as possible before I leave

Hope ppl can help me out
Old Nov 19, 05, 1:33 pm

Lightbulb Here it is

Originally Posted by dickieH
I read the above thread and I'm a little confused now.

I was wondering are the G1/2/3 codes posted to your account even when staying on a FFN stay? I'm just wondering as I'm using 2 stays this week in Seattle and Vancouver and I of course like to know as much information as possible before I leave

Hope ppl can help me out
That's an easy one NO Only eligible revenue rates
Have a great stay though
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 19, 05 at 1:35 pm

Search this Thread