Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Any smart savings ideas for a Sat. Night Suite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2005, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta MM

Saturday night I am getting married. We fly out the following morning on our Honeymoon. I wanted something nice and memorable for our wedding night and yet I wanted convenience for our flight early the next morning, so I booked us into the Presidential Suite at the airport Hyatt. I suspect it will be perfect for our needs but it doesn't come cheap at $700 for the night. I'm not a frequent Hyatt guest, so I don't have any points or status at my disposal. I don't mind paying for a special night but there is no sense in just throwing money away. So before I just go plop a credit card down on the counter I thought I would run it by people here. Any good ideas for how to realize any savings on the room I have booked? Or is this an instance were you just have to pay the piper?

Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2005, 12:58 pm

To guarantee the Presidential Suite on the night of your wedding, I think your only option is to pay the piper. You could possibly call a Manager at the hotel and haggle with them, maybe you can get some type of discount if you plead your case.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Call the hotel directly and ask to speak to the front desk manager and see what else may be available besides the presidential suite.

I'm sure it is nice, but I just got a look at a junior suite, which was very nice. I'm sure the regular suites are even nicer.

$700 is an awful lot of $$$ to spend for one night in an airport hotel - no matter how nice it is.

Congratulations on your wedding!
Old Oct 18, 2005, 3:09 pm

As mentioned by others, call the hotel directly and see see if they have other rates available (if you are eligible - AAA, Government, Senior, or any packages/special rates available).

If your departure city is the same as the location that you have listed in your profile, you may want to consider the Ritz Carlton (a club level room would be ~$400 - they may also have a package), and it is only about twenty minutes away from the airport if I recall.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta MM
Perhaps if I let the hurricane get just a little bit closer before calling...
Old Oct 19, 2005, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by John C
Perhaps if I let the hurricane get just a little bit closer before calling...

Why, so it can fill up with refugees (oops, I mean evacuees ) ?
Old Oct 20, 2005, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diam, AA plat, Hertz gold
What AP Hyatt are you staying at?
Old Oct 27, 2005, 5:33 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
If it is MCO, I would prefer Grand Cypress rather than airport Hyatt. Just arrange for a limo for ride to airport ;D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.