Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:20 pm

First thing to check is what time of the year you intend to travel - the summer (i.e. June-September) is really too hot to be outside so 7 nights would be way too long. During the more pleasant weather, it's very much ideal for being outside and lounging around.

Unless you have a reason for wanting to stick just to Dubai, I would suggest splitting it 4 nights at PH Dubai and 3 nights at PH Abu Dhabi. I do love the PH Dubai, but PH Abu Dhabi sits on the particularly picturesque Saadiyat Beach, and is a great setting for doing very little.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:28 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by stargold
First thing to check is what time of the year you intend to travel - the summer (i.e. June-September) is really too hot to be outside so 7 nights would be way too long. During the more pleasant weather, it's very much ideal for being outside and lounging around.

Unless you have a reason for wanting to stick just to Dubai, I would suggest splitting it 4 nights at PH Dubai and 3 nights at PH Abu Dhabi. I do love the PH Dubai, but PH Abu Dhabi sits on the particularly picturesque Saadiyat Beach, and is a great setting for doing very little.
+1, though that's a tough rate to beat!

We had a ton of fun in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, and found plenty to do over 4 nights (1 at PH Abu Dhabi, 3 at PH Dubai)-- we certainly felt we could've done more. More time at the mall, maybe trying indoor skiing. What we did get done I cover here:

http://thehyattguy.blogspot.com/2016...-brief_28.html

http://thehyattguy.blogspot.com/2017...ai-exotic.html

http://thehyattguy.blogspot.com/2017...t-3-dubai.html

http://thehyattguy.blogspot.com/2017...t-4-dubai.html
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
I am really curious as to why this hotel is so highly praised on FT. We are staying in a lovely suite, and no doubt the hardware is great and the complimentary minibar is a great perk. But other than that, I find the hotel to be quite subpar, especially when comparing to other high end properties in Dubai and Asia. The breakfast is a hot mess. The selection is limited with no Asian options at all, or any variety above the boring eggs Benedict and the cold cuts, Arabic and sweets. You'd expect a massive buffet in dubai as many other high end hotels here so (JW, Sofitel etc). Not only that. The egg station doesn't even have a table side service, so you have to order and go and pick it up yourself, again, quite unusual In my experience at least at this kind of hotel. They have an a la carte menu but it isn't widely available can I just saw it by accident as it was brought to another guest. The staff forgot our orders 2-3 times. F&B is generally quite bad at the hotel, the $30 pizza I had was worse than a frozen pizza. The concierge gave recommendations straight from tripadvisor, and also advised another guest that tipping norm in Dubai is 20% which is complete BS. If we weren't staying at a great suite and got a great welcoming from the staff here, I'd say this hotel gets 3.5/5 stars. But perhaps we are missing something. We are on our 5th night here right now.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
I am really curious as to why this hotel is so highly praised on FT.
Let me count the ways:

1. Incredible service from the concierge, who arranged a private guide for our four-day stay. The concierge also was able to get some prescription medication delivered to our room in the middle of the night.

Need I say more?

OK:

2. Peace and Quiet--An oasis in a metropolis.

3. The world's most relaxing outdoor pool area.

4. A breakfast buffet that never ended, with great service from the waitstaff. Daily specials brought to the table.

5. Really nice room with a great view.

6. Excellent service from everyone on staff.

7. A variety of good restaurants on property.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 747FC
Let me count the ways:

1. Incredible service from the concierge, who arranged a private guide for our four-day stay. The concierge also was able to get some prescription medication delivered to our room in the middle of the night.

Need I say more?

OK:

2. Peace and Quiet--An oasis in a metropolis.

3. The world's most relaxing outdoor pool area.

4. A breakfast buffet that never ended, with great service from the waitstaff. Daily specials brought to the table.

5. Really nice room with a great view.

6. Excellent service from everyone on staff.

7. A variety of good restaurants on property.
great to hear you had such a nice experience. Perhaps their A-game staff is gone during low season Summer. I agree that it's a beautiful property and very peaceful. But the breakfast is mediocre, there are no "daily specials" to speak of. Just today, ordered eggs, forgotten twice, ordered a latte, got a black tea. Isolated experiences you might say, but not really when it has been similar subpar experiences daily
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by brokenwindow
great to hear you had such a nice experience. Perhaps their A-game staff is gone during low season Summer. I agree that it's a beautiful property and very peaceful. But the breakfast is mediocre, there are no "daily specials" to speak of. Just today, ordered eggs, forgotten twice, ordered a latte, got a black tea. Isolated experiences you might say, but not really when it has been similar subpar experiences daily
I have been to PH Dubai 15+ times, read my recent update on the property here -- I think we agree the best times are well behind them.

Still love The Thai Kitchen.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG
I stayed here a couple years back over thanksgiving and had a wonderful time. I've been kicking myself ever since for not buying (or at least asking for more information on) the scent they use in the hotel.

Does anybody know what it is? And if it's possible to buy off-property? I'm located in the US and would love to use this in my condo. For some reason the smell of the PH Dubai really stuck with me.

Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by grafpaper
I stayed here a couple years back over thanksgiving and had a wonderful time. I've been kicking myself ever since for not buying (or at least asking for more information on) the scent they use in the hotel.

Does anybody know what it is? And if it's possible to buy off-property? I'm located in the US and would love to use this in my condo. For some reason the smell of the PH Dubai really stuck with me.

Thanks!
Try contacting the concierge. They probably can help.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:33 am
Community Director Emerita

Toiletries have changed since our last visit. Last year they had Laura Tonatto toiletries that I enjoyed very much. There were large tubes of them in the suites. It was a custom blended fragrance for the hotel. This year, they have small bottles of Etro. Etro is considered a high end brand but I am not a fan. Housekeeping found some of the old product and delivered it to our room which was appreciated.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:33 pm

Has anyone used the car service here recently? Any comments/issues?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Toiletries have changed since our last visit. Last year they had Laura Tonatto toiletries that I enjoyed very much. There were large tubes of them in the suites. It was a custom blended fragrance for the hotel. This year, they have small bottles of Etro. Etro is considered a high end brand but I am not a fan. Housekeeping found some of the old product and delivered it to our room which was appreciated.
I have just seen your comment... really odd, as Etro is not even a brand standard. Wonder what the story is. Four Seasons also has a property-exclusive Etro amenity set, but this is being produced by La Bottega, so it is more of a license deal.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by TravelingAssociate
Has anyone used the car service here recently? Any comments/issues?
We used it last year to get from the hotel to the cruise port. Arranged by the very kind and competent concierge staff. No complaints.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented

I have just seen your comment... really odd, as Etro is not even a brand standard. Wonder what the story is. Four Seasons also has a property-exclusive Etro amenity set, but this is being produced by La Bottega, so it is more of a license deal.
I guess their owners approved being different like Tokyo and Seoul.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:59 am

Not a fan of the Etro, the fragrance is quite full on.

Forgot to post after my recent stay - I was upgraded to a Park Suite without using the TSU on an FHR booking for Park King as Globalist, but was told that the free minibar in suites benefit was only applicable if you booked the room or used a TSU - it does not apply on a complimentary upgrade to suites, even if you were entitled to the upgrade as Globalist. I thought it was a surprising restriction, but this was the only blip in what was otherwise a very nice stay.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by stargold
Not a fan of the Etro, the fragrance is quite full on.

Forgot to post after my recent stay - I was upgraded to a Park Suite without using the TSU on an FHR booking for Park King as Globalist, but was told that the free minibar in suites benefit was only applicable if you booked the room or used a TSU - it does not apply on a complimentary upgrade to suites, even if you were entitled to the upgrade as Globalist. I thought it was a surprising restriction, but this was the only blip in what was otherwise a very nice stay.
I suppose the minibar exclusion is understandable for best room available upgrades. The alternative might be for them to game the system by designating a lower room as a standard suite or remove the benefit altogether.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.