Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2010, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by stimpy
I thought that if you were Diamond you automatically get the 2nd person for free. Isn't that in the Diamond T's and C's?
I know that is the policy for IC Ambassador and RA. Let me take a look at Hyatt's T&C...
Old May 11, 2010, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just read through the T&C....it doesn't mention anything about 2nd person in room for diamonds...
Old May 11, 2010, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Hotels outside of the US normally charge based on the occupants in a room and not per room, however in recent times and during off-peak periods, I have seen some Hyatt properties allowing a 2nd person for free, often on weekends, most recently the Regency Cologne early this year...

The Park Dubai is run by quite some people from Germany, Switzerland and Austria, so expect them to play by the rules...
Old May 11, 2010, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's the T&C for the promo package:

Terms & Conditions:
...Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Extentions on eligible corporate or Leisure/ Hyatt daily rates or by combining 4 nights summer offer.Rates are per room, per night based on single or double occupancy, unless otherwise stated, and do not include incidental charges or any other hotel specific charges. Additional charges apply to room type upgrades. Additional guests will be subject to additional hotel charges. Discount on Food and Beverage & Spa is not valid for Tobacco and Retail items. Cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to arrival....

Based on the T&C, I'm reading it as the promotional rate is based on single OR double occupancy. There's no mention of additional charge for the 2nd person in room. Thus, the single rate should be honored as double. Normally, I wouldn't care as most of the hotels charge US$20-30 extra for the second person. However, this hotels charges about 30% of the single rate, which is a bit steep. Am I misinterpreting the T&C?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 2:32 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I booked a 4 nights stay at the PH and would like to know if an upgrade to a suite is worthwile?
Thanks for the input
Old Jun 27, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by thierry
I booked a 4 nights stay at the PH and would like to know if an upgrade to a suite is worthwile?
Thanks for the input
As always, it depends on the cost and opportunity cost, but in general I would say yes. The suites are huge and with extra amenities such as Nespresso maker (someone please correct me if the standard rooms include these as well; I recall not).

The suite is especially good if you are multiple persons and need privacy. I would find the open bathroom to be a bit annoying if I were traveling with my mom, so the suite that I got when I went with her was a benefit.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 6:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by thierry
Thanks for the input
The regular Diamond cert. upgrade gets you a Park Suite.

The Park Dubai has rebranded their Residential Spa Suite into Spa rooms..., in fact those rooms were regular rooms with a significantly bigger bathroom that included a steam room.

The 13 Park Suites are located on all floors and are quite huge already, measuring around ~ 110 sqm. 1.5 bathrooms and a huge living room aside from the bathroom

The difference to the 12 Park Terrace Suites is the position, Park Exec. suites are corner suites, so come with a relatively large terrace that features two beach chairs, actually more of a sun bed in addition to the regular balcony.

The 8 Park Executive suites are even more upscale and also have windows in the bathroom. They are slighly larger with a free-standing desk instead of one partially attached to the wall and sideboard. I am not sure, but I guess all of them also have the two balconies of the Park Terrace Suite with the sun beds in addition to the regular chairs and table.

As mentioned already, all come with a Nespresso Essenza, the usual coffee machine in many European/Middle East Hyatt suites and complimentary Voss water.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 7:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Just back from my first stay at the PHD: excellent! Used my Diamond Upgrade for the Park Suite and was very pleased. Rooms are huge and modern, service top-notch and the whole property an oasis. Definitely one of the best choices when in Dubai!
Old Aug 29, 2010, 8:59 pm

Question - so if my wife and I stay here in early December and I'm a Diamond member, do I have to pay for her? (If I completely mis-read this thread I apologize.)
Old Aug 30, 2010, 4:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Chi_IC_Hawk
Question - so if my wife and I stay here in early December and I'm a Diamond member, do I have to pay for her? (If I completely mis-read this thread I apologize.)
Of course, you have to pay for the number of guests.

The problem discovered by Blissy lies in the wording of the summer promo, since the promo is valid for single or double occupancy stays.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 8:41 am

Sorry I typed too fast If we use points, that covers both my wife and myself, right? Thanks.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:00 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Sorry I typed too fast If we use points, that covers both my wife and myself, right? Thanks.
You can to do a test booking yourself - either award or revenue - and if you have booked for 2 adults - you are fine.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Yes, simply select two adults and you should be fine.

If you are not a Diamond, I suggest sending the property an email to see, if they offer an upgrade against some $$$

Depending on the season and demand, a Park Deluxe room often comes with free breakfast and internet, a suite comes with free airport transfers, free minibar and often free breakfast as well, not necessarily in high season, though.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by FD1971
Depending on the season and demand, a Park Deluxe room often comes with free breakfast and internet, a suite comes with free airport transfers, free minibar and often free breakfast as well, not necessarily in high season, though.
Are you sure you get a free minibar at the Park Hyatt and don't mix it up with the Grand Hyatt?
Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:33 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I'm a bit confused with regard to the availability of a lounge at the hotel...there is something called "The Lounge", but one of the first posts said there is no lounge. Is that just a cafe that is called "The Lounge"?

I have previously stayed several times at the GH and also once at the Regency. Never been to the PH Dubai. I'd be going with my parents in December, they like a lounge, but my mother also wants to play golf (me too).

PH or GH? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.