Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Dubai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:22 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Rubal
Was there last month in a suite and can confirm that they still do complimentary BMW transfers to Airport.
Was that a function of the suite or do they offer it complimentary to all guests? Also, is it just to or also from the Airport?

The GH does the complimentary airport transfers (both ways) if they have confirmed you on the GC level/room (even as upgrade).
Old Dec 7, 2009, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Was that a function of the suite or do they offer it complimentary to all guests? Also, is it just to or also from the Airport?

The GH does the complimentary airport transfers (both ways) if they have confirmed you on the GC level/room (even as upgrade).
I guess all the Hyatt @ Dubai do the complimentary transfer not necessarily suite but to normal rooms at GC/RC as well. Last month when I stayed in Dubai I went Regency, Grand and Park all of them. Initially I got airport pick up from Regency and they dropped me to Grand on checkout on my request.. then similarly Grand dropped me to Park and finally Park did drop me to Airport on complimentary basis.

Thanks
Old Jan 11, 2010, 4:47 am

As you know, Blaise Mautin, created a line of amenities for Park Hyatt. The funny thing is: For the shower gel, shampoo and conditioner they use the products with the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme scent, even though Monsieur Mautin created a special signature perfume especially for the Dubai property. I think it's a bit weird because they don't use it anywhere in the entire property. They sell the perfume in their hotel shop but that's it. I would have loved to smell it in the Spa or in the lobby for example. That's the way the PH Vendome does it. So if someone of the hotel management might read this... it's a gorgeous scent, you really should consider using it throughout the hotel!
Besides that... it's a fabulous hotel, hands down. A calm oasis in the middle of this huge city. Especially in the evening it's 1001 nights with all the candles and lights and the staff will go out of their way to create a memorable experience. Although some people say their service can be inconsistent, I was content. In my opinion it's one of the best hotels in Dubai and more understated luxury compared to the bling-bling-Burj al Arab, which is just TOO much and too Dubai, sorry.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 4:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
just to clarify:

A regular cab from DXB Airport to Park Hyatt or Grand Hyatt is roughly 40-50 AED. Which is less than 10 Euros. And this already includes the Airport surcharge.

On the way back to the Airport I used it many times, but from DXB to the hotel I find it too complicated to watch out for the driver first instead of going straight to a cab.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Olip
just to clarify:

A regular cab from DXB Airport to Park Hyatt or Grand Hyatt is roughly 40-50 AED. Which is less than 10 Euros. And this already includes the Airport surcharge.

On the way back to the Airport I used it many times, but from DXB to the hotel I find it too complicated to watch out for the driver first instead of going straight to a cab.
I paid 35 AED for DXB-PH. I also used the hotels' BMW once. (220 AED). The private taxi (Lexus) is about 60 AED.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Ditto. I just stayed there over the weekend and they charged me a fixed AED 35 ($10) for a "hotel taxi" to the airport -- not one of their BMWs, and not a metered city taxi (it was a Lexus). Normally I would request a normal city taxi, but for this amount of course I didn't mind.

On one previous stay (out of three), they gave me a complimentary BMW 7-series ride. I don't know if this is supposed to be standard for Diamonds.

This stay, they gave me a room on the 1st floor with a patio out toward the marina, which was nice. I checked in at 3:00pm and they said that my room wasn't ready, so I could take this one as an alternative. I am not sure if my original room, or this one, was some kind of upgrade, but, if not, then I received really no benefits as a Diamond, with the exception of my complimentary morning beverage, for which I selected coffee and which came right at my requested time on the dot.

It's a gorgeous hotel and I have always found the service excellent. I haven't eaten at the Thai restaurant, but Cafe Arabesque is quite good -- the breakfast is outstanding, but pretty much par for the course in an upper-level five-star hotel in Dubai.

I give the hotel overall a Meets Expectations grade. With rates often less than the Grand Hyatt, it's a good value.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Nice hotel. Pity about the rates... I've only ever stayed here using award points. And I've mostly had suites. One was on the ground floor where the bathroom itself was about the size of one of their regular rooms.

A bit OTT. But nice !
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:29 pm

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
Is it too hot in August to have a comfortable stay in this Hotel? Anyone stayed here in August?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I certainly have never gone to Dubai in August but as long as you stay indoors and run as fast as you can to the pool, using flip flops mind you, you should be ok. It is at least a mercifully short ride from the airport.

It is stifling hot 24 hours a day there, so even at night you want to be indoors. The closest I came to this was June, and that was brutal.

Also keep in mind that most of the talented expat hotel staff will be on vacation in Europe during August.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 4:30 pm

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy
I certainly have never gone to Dubai in August but as long as you stay indoors and run as fast as you can to the pool, using flip flops mind you, you should be ok. It is at least a mercifully short ride from the airport.

It is stifling hot 24 hours a day there, so even at night you want to be indoors. The closest I came to this was June, and that was brutal.

Also keep in mind that most of the talented expat hotel staff will be on vacation in Europe during August.
I guess I'll reschedule that trip for a different month, for august maybe PH Zurich instead.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 4:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
It is comparable to Palm Springs, California in August, albeit a touch colder.

Sitting outside after 9-10 p.m. is actually pretty nice, because there is also a slight wind blowing from the creek. Lounging by the pool is also possible, because the trees and structures provide a lot of shade. Cannot really recall, if the pool was temperature-controlled or not. They use pretty thick glass from Schott at this property, so the sun and temperatures are not really bothering when you are inside.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FD1971
It is comparable to Palm Springs, California in August, albeit a touch colder.
I think it is way, way worse than Palm Springs. It is a dry heat there. Dubai in the summer is extremely humid and you find yourself sweating even if there is a slight creek breeze. I recall walking along the creek at night in June, just because I wanted to get out of the hotel for a bit, and sweating right through my clothes.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
I would not go to Dubai in August...unless I had to.

I have few stays per year at this hotel and receive consistent good service. They upgrade to a terrace suite when available (very spacious, Nespresso machine and plenty of free water), and amenity is always a bottle of decent red and nice almonds.

I do not bother negotiating a free transfer as taxis these days are plentiful in Dubai, and the cost is only EUR 7-8.

There are very good restaurants in the hotel, my favorite is the Thai. It appears the menus have recently been updated.

Overall my favorite hotel in Dubai as it is close to the airport but provides a holiday feeling even when on a biz trip.
Old May 11, 2010, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
I notice this hotel charges an additional 30% for the 2nd guest in a room. Has anyone had problem checking in with 2 but only booking for 1 person? Also, I'm thinking about booking a promotional package and the T&C states that the promo rate is for either single OR double occupany. Yet, when I switched the promo rate to 2 adults, the rate jumped another 30%. Any thoughts?
Old May 11, 2010, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought that if you were Diamond you automatically get the 2nd person for free. Isn't that in the Diamond T's and C's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.