Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Scottsdale at Gainey Ranch (rebranding to GH) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Scottsdale at Gainey Ranch (rebranding to GH) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
First stay as a globalist as a recent Hilton transplant. Girl at checkin was nice but no upgrade and no explanation of globalist benefits. We did get a 12pm checkin though. Went back to ask and breakfast is in the restaurant and they’ll comp anything you order. Got a call to the room saying they had a welcome letter a few hours after checking in. I booked the room the morning of so it’s not that surprising. It had a coupon for 2 free drinks at the bar. Room is nice but I get the feel that im in Florida. Everything is new and well kept but it just doesn’t have the history compared to something like the biltmore. It has the feel of a mega resort in Orlando, hawaii, etc. Property was dead and not much going on.

Still not a bad points redemption though. Will stick with our regular Hilton properties when it town but still a decent hotel.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
First stay as a globalist as a recent Hilton transplant. Girl at checkin was nice but no upgrade and no explanation of globalist benefits. We did get a 12pm checkin though. Went back to ask and breakfast is in the restaurant and they’ll comp anything you order. Got a call to the room saying they had a welcome letter a few hours after checking in. I booked the room the morning of so it’s not that surprising. It had a coupon for 2 free drinks at the bar. Room is nice but I get the feel that im in Florida. Everything is new and well kept but it just doesn’t have the history compared to something like the biltmore. It has the feel of a mega resort in Orlando, hawaii, etc. Property was dead and not much going on.

Still not a bad points redemption though. Will stick with our regular Hilton properties when it town but still a decent hotel.
your confirming what i thought the property was bad for globalist , I got no upgrade either however mine was pretty full, now I know to stay away for good
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:22 am

Yeah not really the great first impression I was expecting as a first time globalist. I’ll give it a trial run next year when hopefully hotels are running more as usual to see how they compare with Hilton.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I wouldn't choose any of the Hyatt options in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area for a vacation stay if I had a choice. None are particularly good.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Erasmus
Paid a visit for a family weekend recently and thought I'd add my $0.02. In a word: "Meh."
Thanks for the review, and this pretty much matches up with my impressions from years ago. Not sure where you're located, but I wouldn't go out of my way to travel to any of the Texas Hyatt resorts. Hyatt Lost Pines is the best in my opinion (I won't go back to Hyatt Hill Country Resort in San Antonio until it's next renovation), but if you think the Arizona crowded pools are bad, the Hyatt Texas resorts in the summer take it up another level. They're fun and the golf courses are nice and much different from what you'd see in Arizona and California, so not a bad option by any means; I just think there are much better resorts in CA, AZ, and FL.
Erasmus and Kacee like this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I wouldn't choose any of the Hyatt options in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area for a vacation stay if I had a choice. None are particularly good.
We usually stay at the Boulders in winter and Biltmore in summer. We had an extra unplanned day so we thought we’d try a Hyatt property. Resorts are usually a different beast with Hilton and upgrades are generally harder to come by but I always get at least a view upgrade even at ones that are notoriously stingy.

Still not a bad use for 20k points. Hopefully the world opens up next year and I can try some of the Asian properties that would treat globalists well.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:06 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Kacee
i actually loooove this resort. Been there since the late 80‘s about 8-9 times. Agree, rooms may be a bit dated today. But as a foreigner, love the surrounding and AZ in general and the hot weather. Next stay in June ´22.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 59Impala
i actually loooove this resort. Been there since the late 80‘s about 8-9 times. Agree, rooms may be a bit dated today. But as a foreigner, love the surrounding and AZ in general and the hot weather. Next stay in June ´22.
I love Scottsdale as well, that's why I now live here about 75% of the time

I suspect you'd enjoy somewhere like Sanctuary, FS Troon, or even the Camelback (with its stunning Paradise Valley setting) even more. (But I can also appreciate the affection for a place that is past its prime . . . mine is for the Doubletree on Scottsdale Rd.)
59Impala likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm a Globalist planning my first visit here. It's still breakfast in the restaurant, with an option for buffet or a la carte? I'm only staying a couple days, so I'm inclined not to use a suite upgrade certificate and take my chances on a room. Is that a decent strategy? My expections are modest; it was basically the only Hyatt resort I could get into with points this time in the PHX area.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
I'm a Globalist planning my first visit here. It's still breakfast in the restaurant, with an option for buffet or a la carte? I'm only staying a couple days, so I'm inclined not to use a suite upgrade certificate and take my chances on a room. Is that a decent strategy? My expections are modest; it was basically the only Hyatt resort I could get into with points this time in the PHX area.
I had bad recognition as glob when I whent there
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:21 am

I'm only staying a couple days, so I'm inclined not to use a suite upgrade certificate and take my chances on a room. Is that a decent strategy?
During high season? It's fine as long as you're not counting on getting an upgrade.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:09 pm

My first ever stay as a globalist and I got squat here for an upgrade and the place couldn’t have been more than 30% full. I saw less than 10 people in the pools the entire day.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
My first ever stay as a globalist and I got squat here for an upgrade and the place couldn’t have been more than 30% full. I saw less than 10 people in the pools the entire day.
Did you ask for an upgrade?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Didn't but I also am not one to ask unless I have a valid reason for it. It was a one night stay so an upgrade didn't matter as much. Just irks me a bit that I gave Hyatt a go because I've heard so much about them being better than Hilton and so far it's been more or less the same.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I did and they told me to go blow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.